Story Notes:
This started as a writing experiment to keep every chapter within a three page limit in my notebook. I began posting it to Tumblr over a year ago but don't care for that format for stories. Thanks to Nebelwerfer42 for the beta.
Rogue sat quietly in the chair opposite Professor Xavier, once again letting others decide her fate. School, her parents, Magneto, and now these three men. It was as if the course of her life was always out of her hands, just when she thought she'd taken control it was once again wrenched from her.

Running away had ended in her imminent demise from Magneto, only to be saved by the X-Men. When she thought she'd had a plan for the future after graduation, someone tried to abduct her from the mall. It was only Jubilee's knowledge of the workings of a mall and their security that put a stop to that. Now she wasn't even safe on the grounds of the Xavier Institute as armed men had breached the school's defenses to take her during an early morning walk.

The X-Men themselves had called in someone else to protect her while they got to the bottom of who would want her and for what. At the very least she might be able to leave her room with a personal bodyguard, maybe even eat lunch with her friends again.

"Not here," the man said. Rogue hadn't been able to get a good look at him and good manners dictated she couldn't full-on stare. She was left with sideways glances, that only let her know he was a solid wall of muscle topped with crazy hair.

Professor Xavier gave the man his patient smile over the top of his steepled hands. "Surely-"

"No," he said cutting him off with a firm, final answer. Rogue had never heard anyone cut off the Professor, it was simply a fact of life at the mansion that one was to listen to what Xavier had to say. What kind of man was this that not only interrupted the Professor but did so with confidence.

Forgetting her manners, she gave him her full attention. He was just as tall as Mr. Summers but not as slim. Something about him made her think of an apex predator that few would want to tangle with. Yet she also felt because of that position he should have more than a few battle scars.

"I have to agree with Wolverine, Sir," Mr. Summers finally chimed in. Rogue swiveled her head toward Mr. Summers. This was a day to remember because she'd never known Mr. Summers to disagree with the Professor. "Without their presences things can return to normal and allow us time to sort this out."

Professor Xavier was obviously thinking this over as he studied both men carefully. "When will you leave and where will you go?"

Just like that, her future was decided for her with no consideration of how she might feel about any of it. Though anything had to be better than confinement she was currently experiencing.

The man, Wolverine...where had she heard that before, grunted; actually grunted at the Professor in response. "Better if you don't know, Chuck."

Rogue tried to hide her shock. No one addressed Professor Xavier like he was a common man or one of her dad's drinking buddies. She was able to close her mouth relatively quickly so she didn't look like a complete moron when he changed his focus to her.

"Time to pack, Kid." He had the most intense hazel eyes she had ever seen. When she didn't move he raised an eyebrow at her that made her stomach do flip-flops.

She glanced at the Professor for permission to be dismissed, he nodded and she stood to leave. Turning she came face to face with Wolverine's chest. He really was a wall of muscle with broad shoulders and she quickly scurried around him out of the office.

~*~