Wolverine wearily trudged up the service stairs back to his room. All he wanted to do was curl up in bed and sleep, preferably wrapped up in Marie. Though she'd been so restless lately she probably wouldn't appreciate the suggestion, he thought with a chuckle. It was two months since they’d been found out and she had been confined to his room, the X-Men finally admitting he, and now she too, were indeed prisoners.

She had been complaining about being cooped up, not getting any fresh air and getting fat. He'd snuck them outside a couple of times, so she could get her fresh air, it had definitely been worth it when she'd begged to have sex out in the woods. As for her getting fat, well, if that was fat, he liked it, and he told her so, her ass looked fantastic and her boobs had gotten at least two cup sizes bigger, her waist had thickened a bit but it was barely noticeable as far as he was concerned.

He had eaten his fill to boost his healing after this last mission, and given himself a blood transfusion, from the stock of his blood Jean had started keeping on hand, after Marie demanded she do so. This mission wasn't particularly worse than normal but it was the fourth mission in three days; they were getting closer to the main installation of this group of labs.

As he was trudging down the hall the scent of blood filtered through to him. Initially he irritably shrugged it off, and decided he'd have to have a second shower before hitting bed. Until his brain pointed out, it wasn't blood on him, it was Marie's blood. Startled at the realization he jogged down the hall and into their room.

The bedroom was empty but the shower was running and he followed the sound into the bathroom. A chilling thought that maybe Marie wasn't as happy here with him as she'd claimed, flashed through his mind, though he pushed that thought aside; if Marie really wasn’t happy, she'd definitely make sure he knew. The sight that met him was even more shocking than that thought though.

Marie was in the shower, on her knees, forearms braced against the wall in front of her. The warm water of the shower was raining down on her back as she panted and moaned as he watched a visible contraction ripple across her belly.

Then it hit him, Marie wasn't 'getting fat', Marie was pregnant. Not only was she pregnant, she was giving birth!

He moved into the room, kneeling down beside her on the shower. "I'm here Marie, how you doing?" he asked her gently.

She acknowledged his presence by shifting slightly to lean her head on his shoulder, "It hurts," she whimpered, "I ache and it's -" she was cut off by another contraction, this one followed by a huff as her abdomen squeezed downward.

"You're doing great baby, just relax, let your body do its thing," he soothed, resting a large hand on the small of her back. He tried not to let his worry show, neither of them had realised she was pregnant, and she'd been on the pill since she started coming to him, except the last couple of weeks when she hadn’t been able to get more pills after her stock ran out. When had she gotten pregnant, was the baby even ready to be born...?

He felt Marie shift under his hand, he could feel pressure against his hand as her pelvis moved, another contraction quickly followed. A fresh wave of blood, not just scent but visible tendrils of red running down the drain, caught his attention. Reaching his other hand down between her legs he felt a soft, slimy lump.

"Keep going sweetheart, you're almost there," he assured her, as she gasped in great lungful’s of air between contractions.

Another squeeze and the head came out, he felt the little body turning before a tiny, slimy, lump flowed out into his waiting hands. Looking down at the baby he was surprised to see it was still all closed up in a little membranous bag full of a yellowish fluid. He didn't know much about babies, or birthing them, but he knew they needed to breathe once they were born. Quickly he tore the membrane open, the yellow-tinted liquid cushion gushing out and down the drain, before he gently wiped off the baby’s face, turning it over carefully so any liquid in its nose or mouth could run out, as the tiny human began a piercing wail.

Once he was sure the baby's airway was clear he turned the baby back over, cradling it in his large hands. It was tiny, barely filling his hands, as its thin little arms and legs flailed. Turning his attention then to Marie he could see she was still resting, eyes closed and face buried against her arms as she caught her breath.

"Goddamn Marie you sure know how to welcome a man home. Look baby, look at the perfect little girl you made," he said to her softly, love and pride, and happiness and relief, in his voice.

Marie shifted her head to look down into his hands. "It's a girl?" she asked, sounding like she was in shock. He confirmed it was a girl, before Marie reached a hand down and gently ran her fingers over the tiny nose and lips of the quietening baby. "She's tiny," she whispered in awe.

"She's perfect," Logan assured her. "And hungry, think she'll reach to feed like this or do you want to turn around?" he asked, as they watched the tiny little girl turn her head toward her mother’s hand and try to suck on her fingers.

Marie opted to remain in her current position so Logan lifted the baby higher, gently sliding more umbilical cord out from where it disappeared between Marie's legs, until the baby could reach a nipple to begin suckling. They were each cradling the baby in hand as she fed, Logan watching over Marie's shoulder as she did.

About five minutes later he felt Marie contract again, her wide startled eyes met his, "Not another one?" she asked worriedly.

"Nah sweetheart, that'll just be the afterbirth," he reassured her, at least he hoped it wasn't a second baby. One baby was going to be hard enough to hide from their keepers, and he had already determined that she had to be hidden. No one could know about her; it was too dangerous.

Once the placenta was delivered Marie felt a lot more comfortable and with Logan's help was able to stand up and tentatively walk around. Logan held the baby, after he cut it free from the placenta, so she wouldn't have to worry about dropping it.

"We need to know how much she weighs, and do you know what time she was born?" Marie asked, as she watched Logan wrap the baby snuggly in a towel.

"She was probably born around nine, sorry, I didn't think to look at the time, and I can go swipe a set of scales from downstairs," he added. "She also needs clothes, and blankets, diapers, ... I don't know how to get all that without tipping off the ringmaster though..." Logan replied, as he watched the sleepy infant yawn widely as she burrowed into the towel he had wrapped her in.

"God she's gorgeous Marie," he commented a moment later, as he wrapped an arm around Marie, pulling her closer, as he held the little girl in his other arm and smiled down at her adoringly.

"You think so?" Marie replied, wrapping her arm around his waist as she rested her head on his shoulder, smiling down at the baby too. "How did we not realise I was pregnant..." she commented with a laugh a few minutes later.

"Beats me," Logan replied, "I guess if you had had a bump it would have been a dead giveaway but everything could be written off to something else. Not to mention, we haven't even been fucking for eight months... she's got to be a little early."

"I wish we could get her seen by a doctor but I don't want these guys to know about her," Marie said, voicing his own concerns, as she ran a finger gently over baby's head, she just couldn't stop herself from touching the tiny human she'd built inside her. "If I order stuff online do you think we could get our hands on it without them looking in it?"

"Probably not, not if it's addressed to either of us at least," Logan admitted, racking his brain for a way around their problem. "Do you any of your friends know you're still around?" he asked, uncertain if even they could be trusted.

"Jubilee does, she caught me sneaking stuff out of my old room once... if I get something delivered to her, we could swipe it from the dorm overnight. It wouldn't be unusual for her to get packages, and no one would check her stuff," Marie suggested, before yawning tiredly herself.

"That sounds like a plan, but it can wait for now, gotta get my girls to bed," Logan answered, placing a kiss on her head as he turned and guided her out of the bathroom and into bed. He looked around the room trying to figure out where he could put the baby to sleep but Marie reached out, and removed her from his arms, tucking her down into bed beside her with a smile and a possessive 'mine' comment.