He was woken the next morning by the smell of sweet milk, and little Niamh wriggling around trying to get to the sticky flow, she apparently didn't appreciate her mommy wasting her breakfast. He tugged baby down the bed until she was face to breast level and opened the shirt Marie was wearing, before sliding Niamh closer to a now exposed breast. Marie jumped awake, when baby grabbed hold of her nipple, and began suckling.

"Damn, I leaked all over the bed again," Marie complained, those breast pads had better arrive soon or they were going to have no sheets left.

"It's okay, they've seen worse," he replied, earning a giggle and a playful slap from Marie before she demanded breakfast.

Later that morning Marie's burner phone got a text from Jubilee to say the parcels had arrived, there were three boxes, and they were in the corner of her room. She also advised that the entire school, teachers and all, were going on a field trip, they would be leaving at one pm and wouldn't be back until five.

Logan was wary of the convenience the trip offered their retrieval of the packages but agreed they needed to get them, sooner rather than later. When one pm rolled around they were both at the secret panel in the dorm hallway, waiting for the last few stragglers to get to the buses out front. Neither wanted to risk bringing Niamh, but neither wanted to leave her in their room unattended either, in case someone was waiting on them to leave to search the place again.

Niamh was currently swaddled in her daddy's shirts, and wrapped in a thick blanket, hidden in the wardrobe of one of the other unused rooms on the service hall. They just had to hope she wouldn't decide now was a good time to cry, though she had been a surprisingly quiet baby thus far.

As they heard the buses start their noisy diesel engines, they popped open the panel. If the buses were beginning to pull out that meant everyone who was going was outside. Jubilee was still in the same room she'd been in when she shared it with Rogue so it wasn't hard to find, the stack of Amazon boxes was standing in one corner. Reaching the first box she split the tape and dug around the contents looking for Jubilee's present, it wasn't in the first one but it was in the second. She left the chocolate under Jubilee's bright yellow pillow, before they collected up the last boxes and stashed them back in the service hall.

They had just closed the panel when Logan signalled her to stay still and quiet, they heard steady footsteps approaching before continuing down the hall. Whoever it was stopped briefly in every room, before returning back the way they had come.

"Shit that was close," Logan muttered, with a relieved laugh. Marie agreed as they recollected their cargo and headed back for their room. After delivering the boxes they both made their way to where they had hidden Niamh, both breathing a sigh of relief at finding the little girl still safe and sound asleep in her little cocoon.

Moving her back to their bedroom, they barricaded both doors and began to unpack, Logan was curious to see just how well his little mate had prepared. The first box contained the packs, bassinet, baby bag, and hiking boots. Logan pulled the boots out and fit them on Marie; they were the perfect size.

"Wear them for a while to break them in, less chance of blisters later," he advised with a grin, she really had been planning ahead.

They set the packs aside as they unloaded the second box. Marie quickly sorting all the baby clothes by type and size, even the premmie size clothes were a little big for Niamh, so she was confident they'd have clothes for her for a good four to six months. She rolled the larger size clothes up tightly, and packed them into the bottom of the large baby bag, they wouldn't be needed for some time so they could stay there undisturbed. Then she sorted the right size clothes into outfits, each complete with a singlet, onesie, socks, and mittens, then rolled them up and added them to the baby bag; it would save time dressing Niamh in future.

She kept out half a dozen such outfit rolls, the hat, booties, and snowsuit for day to day use, tucking them away in the corner of a dresser drawer along with the baby carrier, and a dozen cloth diapers, the rest of the diapers she added to the baby bag. The pacifiers were tucked into a pocket, the wraps in another, burp cloths in a third. The washable wipes were left in the drawer, along with the towel and blanket. When it came time to leave, everything could be easily thrown into the baby bag for a quick getaway.

The last box contained the maternity clothes Marie had bought, the bras, breast pads and breastfeeding shirts. She sighed happily when she put on one of the bras, fitting the soft cotton pads against her sensitive nipples, this apparently amused Logan but she just ignored him as Niamh began to grizzle. It was so much easier to feed her with the right kind of bra, though admittedly she had only attempted to wear a bra once since baby was born.

Logan pulled out the bassinet, tearing off the packing and setting it up before collapsing it again. At least one of the needed to know how to do that, in case they needed to do it in a hurry. He would show Marie later how it worked, for now, he pulled out the packs, truth be told they probably didn't need two for their meagre belongings but if it meant splitting the load, he could do that. He himself had been pilfering the school’s survival supplies, he had two sub-zero sleeping bags, and a sizable supply of survival rations.

He dumped the rations in the bottom of one pack, that he designated his - the food would be the heaviest thing they had to carry so he would take that. He did tuck several days’ worth of rations into one of the pockets of Marie's pack, just in case they got temporarily separated at some point. There was a filtering water bottle for each of them, along with several bags of electrolyte replacement, just in case. He also had a compass and knife, which he tucked in Marie's pack - he had been teaching her survival tricks for months but you could never be over prepared.

He packed all but two sets of his own clothes into his pack, before doing the same with Marie's. His plan was to be out of here in days so they wouldn't need more, even if they ended up stuck here a few days longer. The folded bassinet, and the baby bag, fit into the top of Marie's pack.

He felt all kinds of an asshole giving Marie so much to carry, though her pack looked fuller it was substantially lighter than his, but if they got separated, she would have Niamh with her so she would need baby's things too. He also stuffed his supply of pilfered cash into a pocket of Marie's pack, if they got separated, he could sleep outside, but Niamh needed to be kept warm and that meant paying for a motel.

He stashed the packs behind the desk, hidden from view, before breathing a sigh of relief. They were packed and ready to go, the only thing holding them back now was him, and whatever they were using to keep him here.

A sudden thought occurred to him as he considered possible exit strategies. Leaving Marie to sleep with Niamh he moved into the other rooms down the service hallway, and barricaded all the doors between the used hallway and the dusty hidden passage, it would slow down anyone who tried to follow them when they left and reduce the likelihood of them being trapped.

That evening, as he was again planning a midnight raid on the med lab to try and find the transponder. They were interrupted by a pounding on the door, it was Scott again but he didn't even wait for the door to be opened, just yelled, 'We're hitting the main complex, get to the jet now', before dashing back down the hall. Logan leaned over and kissed Marie deeply. "See you soon babe, and you baby," he added, planting a kiss on Niamh's fuzzy head, the little girl just stared at him in response, while Marie cautioned him softly to 'be safe'.