The helicopter landed about an hour later. Logan tried to drag his attention off Marie enough to take in their new surroundings, charting what he could see of the outside, and building a mental map as they were led into the bunker. He mentally cursed when he realised, they were underground, the bunker extending back deep into the hillside, that would mean they could only get out through a designated exit.

They got to a junction in the hall and Marie was directed to the left, toward the scent of antiseptic and blood, he however was shoved straight ahead. As soon as Marie realised, they were trying to separate them she began to struggle, calling out to him in desperation. He finally managed to spit the gag out. "It's alright, I'll find you," he called out to her, earning himself a gun butt to the head. It had the desired effect; though she was still being obstructive, Marie calmed some, and let herself be led away.

Any hopes he had had of being able to escape before they got him to a cell were dashed when all nine of the soldiers followed him, leaving only the single soldier who was holding Marie, and the General, to continue toward the labs. He noted as they walked deeper into the base that his escape would be even more hindered by the fact that, to get out of the cell block, meant passing right by the barracks.

Before he was shoved into a dark, damp, barren, concrete cell the cuffs that secured him were modified. The cuffs covering his hands were left but they were removed from the base plate that held his hands together, allowing his arms to move independently. One guard took a sadistic amount of pleasure in shooting him several times with the electrically charged bullets during this process, before he was roughly shoved into the cell, the door locking behind him with a sharp click.

Once his ears stopped ringing from the shot to his shoulder he lay still on the floor and listened, trying to pick up on the movements of the guards, or better yet, get some clue as to how far away Marie was.

--

Marie felt her heart sink even further as Logan was hauled away one way and she was manhandled in the other direction. She was trying to make progress as difficult as possible for the soldier who had hold of her but it didn't seem to bother him at all.

The guy in charge led them to a medical room of some sort, where doctors were putting the finishing touches on what appeared to be an incubator. They must have been told they were bringing a baby in.

She was instructed to hand over the baby, had she even wanted to that wasn't possible in her current position, the baby carrier was under her jacket which was currently being held in place by the guy holding her. The General realised this quickly enough, and directed the soldier to remove the baby. Her jacket was quickly stripped off, and she felt him one handed undo the clips for the baby carrier. Wrapping her arms around Niamh to hold her in place Marie refused to release her grip, if they wanted her baby, they could pry her from her cold dead hands.

A sidearm was suddenly pressed up against the back of Niamh's head, "We can make another baby if we have to," the General warned.

The soldier, who had been behind her, stepped around in front of her, as she nervously glanced between the gun and the incubator, knocking the gun away as he wrapped an arm around Niamh. "Don't even think it, she'll be fine," he whispered, barely audibly, his comment clearly only meant to be heard by her, as he pried her arms off her daughter.

Marie tried to follow him across the room just as several more soldiers entered, one grabbing hold of her and holding her back as she watched the first soldier remove Niamh from her carrier and place her on the examination table in front of the doctors.

"Oh..." the doctor said, as she observed the infant, before turning to Marie, "Has it seen a doctor yet?"

"No, *she* hasn't, I'll give you one guess why," Marie glared at the doctor. The soldier holding her back quickly smacked her in the back of the head, he was promptly punched hard by her personal bodyguard, losing his grip on Marie as he hit the floor. The original soldier, Victor, the commander had called him, glared at her and told her to watch her mouth, as he returned to his post beside her.

The General turned to them and addressed her captor, "You're dismissed Victor, she is released to your charge, keep her under control, and away from Wolverine." He dismissed them but it wasn't until Victor began leading her out of the room that she realised, they were leaving Niamh behind!

"No! My baby, I'm not going without my baby!" Her struggles increased, to the point she almost managed to wriggle out of the grasp of the substantially larger man. His hand locked around her wrist and she lashed out, kicking at him as hard as she could. She knew she'd made contact with something, delicate, when he grunted in pain. It wasn't enough for him to release her though, instead he yanked her toward him and grumbled that 'the bitch is shaping up to be more trouble than she's worth', as he grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder.

In frustration, Marie did the only thing she could and began to thrash and scream, pounding on the solid back in front of her and attempting to kick him again, until he grabbed hold of her ankles. Her screams attracted plenty of attention, everyone plainly hearing the enraged roar from deep in the bowels of the complex. Logan had heard her. Apparently, the soldiers were confident enough in whatever was holding Logan to not be concerned, and she was quickly carried back down the hall, in the direction they had previously come before.

She tried to focus on her surroundings but the distraction of the cries of her baby, from the direction of the lab, made it almost impossible for her to concentrate. Eventually she heard a heavy door slam, and she was gently set down on her feet.

She immediately lashed out at the man in front of her, keen to get away from him. It had been clear from the General's tone that this guy wasn't just expected to 'look after her', she didn't want to hang around to find out what else he was allowed to do to her. He didn't try to hit back at her as she had been expecting, instead he pulled her towards him, wrapping his thick muscled arms around her, and began to murmur soothingly as she continued to struggle.

After a few minutes of useless resistance Marie stopped fighting, she was tired and she was scared, and they'd taken her baby, she just wanted to curl up on the floor and cry until Logan came and made everything better. She slowly became aware of the words that were being said to her.

"It's alright kid, everything's gonna be okay, I'm not gonna hurt you, and I won't let them hurt you either, you don't have to fight in here, you're safe-"

"Safe!? With the people who kidnapped me, the people working with the guy who's been holding me hostage for months! Do you even know the meaning of the word!?" Marie snapped, anger quickly overpowering her devastation.

"I see you're feeling a little better, calmed down some. You're safe, in this room, and with me, I promise, I won't let anyone hurt you, and I'll have you and Jimmy outta here in no time -" the soldier started.

"Jimmy? Who's Jimmy?" Marie asked confused.

"The guy they brought you in with, your baby daddy, his birth name is James, I've called him Jimmy since about the day he was born though," Victor replied with a grin, slowly releasing his grip on the girl now that she wasn't so hell bent on busting his balls. "What name do you know him by?" he asked, curious to see just how much of his life before his uncharacteristic disappearance that he remembered.

"Logan," the girl replied, "You've known him since he was born? ... Why would you help these fuckers catch him then!?" she demanded.

"Jimmy's my brother, he disappeared about nine years ago, completely out of the blue, one minute he was there, the next he wasn't, it took me six years to track him back to this outfit, and then the last three to work my way up the inside to get close enough to the top to find out what was going on. I learned Jimmy was at Xavier's when X made contact a few months back saying he'd bonded with a female from the guys freakshow he calls a school - I'll let you in on a little secret, it's a goddamn harvester for useful mutations for fuckers like these guys.

"I considered blowing out of here and going straight to collect him from Xavier's but they kept talking about transferring him back here, I didn't want to blow my cover in case they transferred him before I could get to him but X kept stalling. When you two lit out of the Institute, X had to come clean and say he'd lost you both and come up with a location for recovery before you got too far away. Now I've gotta get both of you out of here, and the baby complicates things even more," he explained.

His comment about the baby buffeted her out of control emotions again and she finally began to sob uncontrollably, her legs buckled as she repeated a mantra of 'Oh god my baby, they have my baby'. Victor picked her up gently and sat down on the bed holding her. "I'll get your baby out of here, I promise, we'll all get out of here, and you won't have to worry about these fuckers ever again, not any of them, me and Ji-Logan will take care of them."