Later in the afternoon Marie was woken by her rumbling belly, Logan chuckled from behind her where he lay, arms wrapped around them both. Niamh had filled her diaper recently and was just starting to notice, a grumpy grizzle alerting her parents to her predicament.

"You get a shower, I'll get the baby," Logan said to Marie as he kissed her shoulder softly, before rolling her over him to get to the side of the bed.

"Why did we not bring up our bags, I could do with clean clothes to put on," Marie lamented. Logan didn't reply with words, just opened the door and pulled both packs into the room. "Do I want to know how they got there?" Marie asked.

"You mean, do you want to know Victor brought them up while I was fucking the daylights out of you? Probably not but yep," Logan replied with another chuckle, as he pulled the baby bag out of Marie's pack and pulled out a fresh diaper and a change of clothes for the baby.

"Great, are we ever going to be able to have sex again with any privacy?" Marie asked sarcastically, as she pulled out a change of clothes for herself.

"We're parents now baby, so unless you count a quickie in the other room while the kids not looking, 'privacy', that's a no," Logan replied, earning a laugh from Marie as she disappeared into the bathroom, stretching and yawning as she went.

She showered in record time, as her stomach repeatedly reminded her it required sustenance, stepping out of the bathroom again as Logan finished redressing baby. She sent him off to have a shower as she tidied up the soiled diaper, clothes, and wipes into a laundry bag for washing later. He likewise only took minutes before he was towelling off and throwing his clothes on, with several lewd and lascivious looks her way.

They made their way downstairs, avoiding the noisy cafeteria and heading instead for the quieter kitchen. There was a crowd already in attendance as the trio walked in, several people looking surprised to see Logan carrying a tiny baby against his chest. Most of the students in the room picked up on the sudden spike in tension among the adults in the room, and beat a hasty retreat, not Jubilee however, she marched right up to Marie and demanded she finally be given an explanation.

"Food first, then you get your explanation," Marie promised, as she began rifling through the fridge, pulling out anything that looked good, which in her current state was pretty much everything.

She fixed herself a plate, as Logan fixed one for himself, before she took a seat at the kitchen table, Jubilee sat opposite and stared at her pointedly as she began to eat. The others at the table, an unusually subdued Scott Summers – his face bruised and swollen, tired and worried looking Jean and Ororo, and a smug looking Victor, sat in silence, most appearing uncomfortable at her presence.

When she'd eaten enough to shut her stomach up, she turned to Jubilee. "What do you want to know?" she asked, as she swallowed the last mouthful of her first sandwich.

"What was in the packages?" she asked straight off the bat, "And don’t you dare say chocolate," she added; she already knew that.

"Well, there was chocolate but that was for you, the rest was baby clothes and stuff, we knew if we tried to get anything delivered to us it would get opened and the secret would be out, no one would think twice if Jubilee got yet another package though," Marie admitted.

"So, the baby is yours?" Jubilee said, "And you had it with you when you left, or had it not been born yet?" she asked confused.

"Yes, the baby is mine, and Logan's. She was born the night before I called you about the delivery, we didn't know she was on the way, you hear about those stories of women not knowing they're pregnant until suddenly they have a baby and I can assure you, it is as bizarre and shocking as it sounds to suddenly go into labour and not have a clue what is happening," Marie said, with all seriousness.

"The birth went okay then?" Jean asked then, seeming to remember she was a doctor.

"I thought I was finally getting my period, I hadn't had one since I starting taking the pill, which I assumed was just the pill, the internet said that happens sometimes, so I jumped in the shower, thinking the hot water would help with the cramps, next thing I know I've got full on contractions, them Logan comes in - he seemed to catch on to what was happening pretty quick, starts telling me to push - and then, bam, tiny little baby squealing her lungs out. In all it was probably over, start to finish, in about three or four hours, but the early party of that was just achey cramps, the contractions and stuff only lasted about half an hour, an hour maybe. So not bad I guess," Marie told her.

"So, you don't know what she weighed at birth, or..." Jean began to ask questions again.

"She was four pound seven, born at about eight thirty, the lab doctor estimated she'd been born at between thirty-four and thirty-six weeks, probably closer to that first one going by when Logan and I started... you know. She's healthy, eats well, according to the lab she'd put on an ounce from her birth weight at almost a week old, so that's really good -"

Logan interrupted her with a surprised, "Really?" It didn't sound good to him; the poor bub was a lightweight as it was.

Marie nodded, "Yeah, I was reading that babies on average lose up to ten percent of their birth weight the first couple of days after birth and don't usually gain it back for about two weeks, so if she's putting on weight, over and above her birth weight already, she's... how did he say it, an 'overachiever', just like her daddy," Marie replied, with a cheeky grin and a giggle.

"Won't argue with that," Logan replied with a laugh, satisfied with her answer, and the fact that Jean nodded along in agreement with everything she said.

"So..." Jubilee butted in, "Where did you meet this guy?" she asked conspiratorially.

"Uh, well, you know how you asked me if I had been in the mansion 'the whole time' since I 'ran away'?" Marie said, noting the uncomfortable glances from several other occupants at the table. Jubilee nodded eagerly; truth was she hadn't been able to forget a word of what Rogue had told her since she'd seen her. "There's literally a secret wing of the mansion, along with the underground levels, I was... exploring, one day, while you guys were all out, at the beach or something, doing summer stuff. I stumbled across the secret wing, where Logan was ... being kept..."

"Like a prisoner or something?" Jubilee asked, shocked and concerned.

"No!" Scott and Jean replied immediately.
As Marie responded, "Yes!"

"How can you say no? You had a fucking chip implanted on his brain that electrocuted him if he tried to leave, how is that not a prisoner?" Marie asked incredulously. Neither party responded, so she continued her conversation with Jubilee. "So anyway, we, uh, struck up a friendship... mutually beneficial association -"

"You mean you were fucking," Jubilee said with a grin.

"Weeeeell... yeah, but seriously can you blame me, I mean, if you could touch that wouldn't ya?" Marie replied, grinning when Logan choked on his sandwich when he laughed at her bluntness.

"Uh, don't hate me but hell yeah," Jubilee replied, holding her hands up in surrender to show that even though she'd consider it she had no designs on Rogue's man.

"How can you touch too?" Jubilee asked.

Marie shrugged, "No big breakthrough there, Logan just touched me and nothing happened so I figured 'let's see how far this can go'... turns out it went all the way, and then some."

"So, you can touch the baby too?" Ororo clarified. Marie nodded, the less she revealed about her baby the more comfortable she would be, she still couldn't bring herself to trust them.

"But why did you 'run away'?" Jubilee asked, air quoting the relevant reference.

"They found out we were together," Marie replied, pointing at the X-Men, "came up while we were asleep, tranqed Logan, hauled me down to the lower levels for interrogation... when they realised I knew pretty much everything, Xavier announced I was no longer welcome at the school, Logan could keep me as, I believe the Professor termed it, 'his pet', but I was restricted to his room and no one was to know I was on the grounds or, and I quote 'the next time [they] came to collect me it wouldn't be with tranquilizers'."

"The Professor said that!?" Jubilee asked, eyes wide in shocked surprise.

"Yep, I wasn't even allowed to go back to my room and get any of my stuff, they brought some of my personal belongings up later, I don't know what happened to the rest."

"It got added to the stockpile for new students," Jubilee told her as she jumped up and headed for the kitchen, returning with several bottles of beer, soda, and a bag of potato chips. "What happened next?" she asked eagerly, as she settled in with her snacks, pushing a beer across the table toward Marie. Logan leaned forward and snatched the beer away, before passing her a soda instead.

Marie giggled as she opened the bottle of soda, did Logan really think she would have drunk the beer, she might be young but she wasn't stupid. "Well, that was about two months ago, nothing much happened, we started trying to figure out a way to leave but never really got too far, when Niamh was born though, things changed, especially when Logan discovered Xavier was working with the labs and was planning on turning us both over to them."

"How did you get away in the end?" Jean asked, still curious just what exactly had happened in the room both had disappeared from.