She didn't dare move as she heard footsteps rush into the room. The voice of her biology teacher, Dr Grey, was heard assuring someone else 'he's out' before she heard Mr Summers comment to 'find her quickly'. As Ms Munroe rushed to the opposite door and darted out into the dark dusty hall, another person went into the bathroom; Marie realised they were looking for her. She was considering her options when Ms Munroe rushed back into the room, unfortunately there was no way for Marie to hide from that angle and she was spotted immediately.

"It's alright Rogue, we’ve got you," she placated, as she grabbed a thin blanket off the bed and quickly threw it around her.

Marie tried to fight but she was quickly restrained with the blanket, before she felt strong arms wrap around her as someone picked her up, throwing her none too gently over their shoulder. The pained masculine grunt as the offender stood, led her to assume it was Mr Summers. She spotted Logan's prone form as she was hurriedly carried from the room.

"Oh god, no, what did you do to him!" she screamed as she took in the dozen or so green tipped tranquilizer darts, dotted across his torso. She began to struggle and fight harder, trying to get out of her captor’s grip, all she could think was that Logan needed her.

The more she fought the tighter the grip around her grew. As they started down the stairs, she stopped fighting, not because she didn't want to get away but because she thought she'd probably end up hurt if she was dropped, or caused the person carrying her to fall down the stairs. She began to uselessly struggle again when they got to the bottom of the stairs but a minute later she was set down on a bed in the sterile white room that she recognized as the medical lab in the underground level. Before she was released, she felt latex gloved hands secure both her wrists to sides of the bed she was laid on.

"I'm sorry Rogue, we didn't want to have to do that," Dr Grey told her, "But you're going to hurt someone if you don't calm down. You're safe now," she said, in what was probably supposed to be her soothing doctor voice. All it did was infuriate Marie even more.

"I was safer before, let me go!" she demanded dangerously.

The Professor wheeled into the room then, drawing Rogue's furious glare. He opened his mouth to speak as a muted roar echoed through the corridor behind him.

"What the fuck!" Scott exclaimed, "He shouldn't be awake yet, we hit him a dozen times at least," he said confused.

Marie laughed darkly. "Well he's awake, and he's more pissed off than I am, you might want to make yourselves scarce," she taunted, as she discretely wriggled her hand through one of the restraints holding her in place.

As the rooms’ other occupants were distracted reloading tranquilizer guns, Marie unfastened the slightly tighter cuff on her second wrist. No one was paying any attention to her as she slowly slid off the table. There was no way she was going to get out the only door in the room while everyone was watching it waiting for Logan. Instead she snuck over to a trolley loaded with medical supplies, she heard Logan reach the underground level and as she heard him approaching the door, she shoved the trolley across the room as hard as she could.

It slammed into the wall with a loud smash and the rolling clatter of medical equipment flying everywhere. It was enough of a distraction to cause heads to turn from the door just as Logan burst into the room. He grabbed the nearest guns, held by Scott and Ororo, twisting them out of shape effortlessly. Jean recovered enough to raise her own gun, preparing to shoot, before Marie threw a nearby clipboard at her, throwing off her aim as Logan approached her.

As soon as the guns were taken care of Logan moved across the room to Marie, running his hands over her gently as he made sure she wasn't hurt. She reassured him verbally before he pulled her to him and kissed her deeply, there was no need to hide their relationship now, they were already discovered.

When the broke apart the other room occupants were staring at them dumbfounded. Jean was the first to recover, slipping into doctor mode she began to question Rogue on how long she had been able to control her powers. She was interrupted when she tried to approach the pair when, after his growl was ignored, Wolverine forcefully pushed her back. That prompted Scott to action, he steadied Jean before she fell over before glaring at Wolverine and warning him to keep his hands off his wife.

"That's a bit rich coming from the man who just kidnapped my mate from her own bed, if anyone here needs a lesson in keeping their hands off, it isn't me," Logan replied menacingly, not moving from his protective position in front of Marie.

"Given your track record you can hardly blame us for being concerned for Rogue's safety," Xavier began, "You yourself know you are not usually, stable, after missions. When Rogue did not show up for classes this morning, we feared the worst. If you would allow Rogue to be examined it would allay our fears."

"What fears would those be exactly?" Rogue asked incredulously, "I seriously doubt it's my safety you're concerned for, not so much as keeping your secret of mutant slave soldiers, at least. I am curious," she continued, this was one thing that had been bugging her for months now, "The military must know you have him, why have they not made any effort to get him back?"

"As well connected as I am, I imagine they are concerned of the fallout of an attempt to infiltrate the school," the Professor replied, "And Wolverine is not a slave, my dear, he can leave anytime," he added placatingly.

"So, you'll give him the transponder that activates the chip you implanted in his brain so he can get more than a half mile from this place," Rogue asked pointedly. Those lies had been so obvious even she had been able to make them.

A dark look settled over Xavier's face, equally as angry and concerned looks were shared by the other X-men.

"I see," the Professor replied, Rogue knew far more than he thought, she didn't know everything but the knowledge she did have made her far too dangerous. "I am afraid Rogue, that your time at the school has come to an end."

Wolverine immediately tensed, his claws sliding into view, at the implication of the threat to his mate.

"We will allow you remain on the grounds but like Wolverine you are restricted to the service quarters and lower levels, you are not permitted to access the main school grounds. Wolverine, keep your pet on her leash or next time we collect her it will not be with tranquilizers," Xavier stated, before he rolled out of the room.

Wolverine watched him leave, furious, though at who he wasn't sure. Xavier definitely for holding them there, these others for playing Xavier's game. Marie for tipping her hand prematurely, himself for not being able to protect her better. They needed to seriously start looking for a way out of here, it was no longer safe for either of them.