It was just after seven when he roared up the school’s driveway, he'd managed to cut more than an hour off his trip thanks to that convenient little red button, and miraculously managed to avoid any cops. He didn't bother to stow the bike in the garage, simply skidded to a stop outside the front entrance, grabbed his pack, and leaped up the stairs.

Jean was at the door when he threw it open. "Is everything okay?" she asked, "The Profes..."

"What's wrong with Marie?" he demanded, if anyone would know it should be Jean, right?

"Marie?" she asked confused.

"Rogue," Logan clarified with a growl, annoyed with himself for letting slip Marie's real name.

"Uh, she's fine?" Jean replied, sounding uncertain, "She's probably still in bed, I haven't seen her yet this morning."

Logan was moving past her before she even finished her sentence, feeling his apprehension levels increase. Marie hadn't told anyone here but called him instead, what was going on.

He was halfway up the stairs to the dorms when a slight girl, with dark blonde hair, and a big brown eyes, came rushing the other way. "Doctor Grey, something's wrong with Rogue, she's locked herself in the bathroom and she won't come out, I tried to phase through the door but she screamed at me and threw stuff, and..." Logan gently shoved his way past, as he ran the rest of the way up the stairs and down the hall, following in reverse the path the girl had taken to get to them on the stairs.

He could hear Jean and the girl hurrying along behind him, he got to the room he needed, the one with Rogue's scent firmly ingrained in it, along with two other girls. It didn't cross his mind that, though one of those girls had come looking for Jean, the other might still be in there. He barged in, ignoring the startled shriek from the half-dressed girl on the other side of the room, as he made a beeline for the room’s bathroom door.

"Marie?" he called out, not waiting for an answer before he slammed into the closed door he assumed was the bathroom, feeling the frame splinter as the lock tore out.

A huddled figure on the floor, smelling of pain and misery, mumbled without looking up. "Go away, I just want Logan," before she broke into sobs again.

"So which is it kid, you want me, or am I going away?" he asked with a chuckle, as he knelt down on the floor in front of her.

Her tear stained face immediately jerked up to stare at him in disbelief. "You're here?" she whispered.

"In the flesh darlin," he reassured her. He wasn't prepared for her to suddenly launch herself off the floor, throwing her arms around his neck as she clung to him desperately.

"You came," she said, as she half sobbed, half laughed into his shoulder. He continued to reassure her, returning her tight hug before she began to sob in earnest.

He held her for what felt like several minutes, ignoring the confused faces of Jean, and Rogue's roommates, who appeared in the doorway watching the scene in confusion. After a while he pulled her back, gently wiping tears from her cheeks with his still leather gloved hands, and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear he asked, "Will you finally tell me what's wrong Marie? I've been worrying nonstop the whole six hundred k trip." He didn't like her tears, he wanted to see her beautiful smile again, he'd missed it so much.

Her eyes squeezed shut as more tears leaked out and she numbly nodded in the direction of the sink. With a look of confusion Logan stood up and stepped over to the vanity, scanning the area for whatever she wanted to show him. He froze when his eyes skimmed over a little plastic stick lying in the sink, he gingerly picked it up. It was definitely a pregnancy test, turning it over his eyes immediately fell on the result; two little pink lines, which the legend advised meant positive.

Marie was pregnant.

Staring between the test and the girl in question a sudden, sickening, feeling of dread washed over him. He could understand a teenage girl being upset about being pregnant but a teenage girl who had a mutation like Rogue's, and even now disliked even the briefest touch by most people...

"Marie… kid, tell me what happened," he gently prompted, as he left the test in the sink and moved back to gather Marie into his arms.

Jean moved into the room behind him, and took a look at the test, confirming the result for herself, she looked a little annoyed, and equally as concerned, until Marie started to speak.

Her voice was muffled where her face was buried in Logan's jacket, sobs choking her words up even more as she whispered. "It was Sabretooth... when Magneto had me, he made Sabretooth watch me to make sure I didn't escape but he didn't like 'just watching'... he- he kept saying he wanted me to 'scream for him' but he couldn't cut me because Magneto wanted me alive so... so he... he..." Marie broke off, as she began to sob again in earnest.

Logan felt his heart drop at her whispered confession, he hugged her tighter, he should have known. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" he asked softly, as he placed a gentle kiss on her crown.

"I- When you touched me, you fixed everything... I just- if I ignored it, it didn't happen," she admitted her thought process to him. "Now I don't know what to do," she said, clinging to him tightly.

--

Logan carried Marie down to the med lab at Jean's insistence. She wanted to do a sexual abuse examination but Marie flat out refused, not even Logan could convince her. It was almost as if it had only just happened, she was reacting as she should have at the time of the attack. He supposed it was understandable, so much had happened at the original time. If this new development hadn't reminded her, she may have been successful in blocking it out permanently.

"Alright, okay sweetie, at least let me take a blood test and we should check on the baby too," Jean finally acquiesced.

As Jean set about collecting what she needed and setting up an ultrasound machine, Logan turned to Marie. "How have you been, you haven't been getting sick I take it?" he asked, she hadn't mentioned anything when they'd talked.

"No," Marie replied, cuddling up to him where he was standing next to her on the bed. "No morning sickness, Kitty mentioned the other day that it was three months since I arrived, I realised I hadn't had a period in a while, since before I got here, I guess I was busy trying to catch up with school I didn't notice the time passing... I stole the test from your secret stash by the way Jean, so, you're one short," she added with a grim chuckle.

"That's okay," Jean replied, offering her a soft smile in return, "But you really should have said something if you suspected," she added.

"I didn't want anyone else to know, I figured if it was nothing, I didn't have to think about it again, if no one else knew I wouldn't be reminded... when it was positive... I freaked out, part of me didn't think it was possible I guess." She wiped away fresh tears before holding out her arm to Jean, for her to take her blood.

"Alright, let's have a look at the foetus now shall we," Jean said, once the blood samples were labelled and set aside.

It didn't take long for Jean to have the machine ready to go, Marie tentatively lifted her shirt to reveal her still flat abdomen as she lay on the bed clutching Logan's hand tightly; she hadn't let go of him for more than a few seconds since he'd got back. It took a few moments of moving the probe around before Jean declared the baby present and accounted for.

Logan alternated between watching the monitor and watching Marie. The baby was fine, chilling out in his or her own personal hot tub, its heart was beating visibly, and it looked like it was sucking on its tiny thumb as its legs periodically kicked jerkily. Marie's expression was initially shock, as if she hadn't truly accepted there was indeed a baby inside her until that image appeared. She cried some more but after a few moments a soft, watery smile broke out as she watched the baby move about. Jean was busy checking out all the details, confirming babies age, length, and normal development, and checking the placenta placement.

Once that was done, she turned to Marie with a serious expression. "What are we doing from here? You have some options, you can continued with the pregnancy and keep the baby, I'm sure the Professor would be happy to help you out anyway you need, you can continue the pregnancy and adopt the baby out, or perhaps give guardianship to the Professor, a lot of the students are his wards so baby wouldn't lack for 'family', or you can terminate, you're too far along for a medical abortion - that's where you take medication to stimulate a miscarriage - so it would have to be a vacuum, or D&E..." She broke off as Marie began to sob again.

"I can't-" Rogue said shaking her head, "I can't think about that right now, I..." she stopped, eyes squeezed tight shut as she tried to get her breathing back under control.

"When did you do the test?" Logan asked suddenly.

"I waited until Jubes and Kitty fell asleep and did it last night, probably about eleven, I couldn't look at it for hours, I rang you about ten minutes after," Marie replied.

"You haven't slept all night?" Logan commented, confirming his suspicion Marie nodding her head in assent. "You need sleep first, we can come back to this discussion later, is that alright Jean?" Logan asked.

"Sure, it's a big decision, take your time," she agreed. "And you should get some sleep too Logan, you don't look like you slept last night either, your old room is still available," she confirmed.

With a quick nod of thanks Logan picked Rogue up again, hugging her to his chest as he carried her out of the room. He didn't bother with pretence and made straight for his own room, if anyone asked, it was because Rogue needed uninterrupted sleep, which she wouldn't get in the dorms. The girl herself didn't comment when Logan lay her down in his own bed, except to remind him to be careful of her skin as he slid into the bed with her. He had shucked his usual flannel and wife beater, in favour of a long-sleeved thermal shirt, he had kept the jeans but discarded the belt, and had kept socks and gloves on too; they were both covered enough.

After the stress of the night both fell asleep quickly, Rogue with her head resting on his chest, the steady thump of his heart pulling her into slumber, Logan with his nose buried in her hair letting her familiar scent calm him.