Marie woke Christmas morning to the feeling of movement on the bed behind her, rolling over she came face to face with her daughter, sitting on the bed looking confused while she sucked on a little paper wrapped box.

"Aww, daddy dressed you so pretty!" Marie smiled over at her, the puffy lacy red and green dress was gorgeous, and Sophia had a little sprig of holly pinned in her thick curling hair.

"Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas," Logan commented, from where he had just walked back into the room, dressed in a pair of comfortably worn blue jeans and a red and white Santa hat, with breakfast. "Hey, get that out of your mouth," he added to the little girl, who promptly removed the box from her mouth and began waving it around, while she yelled loudly.

"Nice hat," Marie giggled.

"Thanks, I thought it suited the occasion," Logan replied with a grin, as he slid Sophia over so he could sit on the bed on the other side of her. "Alright munchkin, give mommy her present," Logan said, encouraging Sophia to hand over the drool saturated box much to the little girls annoyance, though she quickly decided mommy cuddles and kisses made up for losing her new favourite-ist toy.

"Oh Logan, it's perfect!" Marie commented once she had opened the small box, inside was a dog tag, to match the one of Logan's she had worn since he had given it to her so long ago. This one was engraved with Sophia's name and birth date. Later, as she fed Sophia her liquid breakfast, while Logan fed her her own, the little girl explored the new addition to her favourite feed time toy as she threaded her fat little fingers through the chain and clinked the two tags together.

"I got you a special present too," Marie commented coyly, a little while later.

"You did, did you? What is it, can I guess?" Logan teased.

"You could, or you could just go get it and open it, I'm sure that would be a lot more fun," Marie replied. She gave a description of the present, told him where to find it, and Logan went to get it. “No peeking," she called out after him, hearing the chuckled, 'no promises', he called back.

He returned a minute later package in hand. "I hate when they're in boxes, you can't tell what's in them," Logan replied with a grin, before he lay back on the bed. He moved to open the paper but paused, just sitting, staring at the box in his hands.

"What's wrong?" Marie asked worriedly.

Turning to her he smiled up at her softly, before he ran a gloved finger down her cheek. "No one's ever given me a gift before, not that I can remember at least... it seems kind of excessive now, when I've got so much more than I've ever had before," he leaned over and kissed her softly, before ruffling Sophia's hair, earning an irritated mimicked growl from the little girl.

Marie smiled lovingly at him. "I'll admit, this one's sort of for both of us," she said cheekily.

"The best kind of present," Logan replied, a new eagerness entering his countenance as he hurriedly turned back to the box and tore it open.

Inside the small brown box was a pile of fabric, frowning he pulled it out of the box, marvelling at the texture, it was light and floaty, soft as silk, and when unfurled it was so thin you could hardly see it. It took him a split second to realise what the sheer piece of fabric was intended for.

"I like the way you think babe," he commented, lifting the fabric up to cover her face before he kissed her deeply. It was several minutes before a mutual need for oxygen, and their daughter grumpily kicking them in the ribs, drew them apart. "That is fantastic, please tell me that's not the only one you got?" Logan asked with a sly wink.

"I'll admit, I didn't really have all that many ideas of what to get you, so, there's a few more of those," Marie replied with a grin.

About an hour later they finally got up, joining Marie's parents who were already up and excitedly waiting for them. They cooed over Sophia in her dress, and also complimented the red and white hat that had migrated from Logan's head to Marie's. Over hot chocolate and cookies, in front of the roaring fire they worked their way through the mountain of brightly wrapped Christmas gifts. Most of them were, understandably, for Sophia, though she seemed more interested in the pile of discarded paper than anything contained in it.

From Logan and Marie for her parents there were several gifts, a painting of a magnolia tree in full bloom, plaster casts of Sophia's tiny hands and feet, a framed hand drawn picture of baby, along with a photograph album filled with pictures of Sophia's first months, a bottle of expensive bourbon for Owen, and one of Eileen's favourite perfume.

For Logan there was a bottle of Fireball whiskey, and for Marie, a necklace, with a large locket that had once belonged to her grandmother, inside of which was a photo of her parents on one side, and Logan and Sophia on the other.

"I suspect some collusion in gift giving," Marie chuckled, she knew when and where that photo was taken, and there was no way her parents could have gotten it without Logan giving it to them. Suddenly she burst into tears, she was so happy that her parents got along well enough with Logan to do that. Logan pulled her into his lap and hugged her, before Sophia crawled over to join in too.

Among the rest of the presents were some books, some for Marie, a lot for Sophia, a seemingly endless supply of stuffed animals, and two dolls, one handmade by someone at the school, the other a ragdoll that Marie had fallen in love with and just had to get for the little girl. From the Professor there was a box of cigars, a pair of expensive leather gloves, and a little charm bracelet for Sophia.

Before they were finished opening presents, Sophia fell asleep in the pile of wrapping paper, hugging her new dolly. They opened the last of the presents while she slept, as most of the rest weren't for her. There were multiple boxes of varying shapes and sizes for Logan, each one containing another sheer scarf, he had quite a collection by the time he was done. There were several small boxes for Marie too, one in particular she immediately snapped shut blushing furiously, before admonishing Logan, who chuckled devilishly before handing her the next present with a grin.

There were a variety of smaller gifts and a few gag gifts among those remaining, including a bunny teeth pacifier for Sophia. More clothes for Sophia were also among the gifts, including a black snowsuit, with silver stripes running down the front, embroidered across the back, in silver thread, it read 'Mommy's little rogue'.

"Aww! It's so cute!" Marie squeaked with a laugh, as she set it aside with the rest of Sophia's presents.

Sophia woke up not long after and wanted more food so while Marie fed her, everyone else put the finishing touches on lunch.

By the end of the day everyone was full of good food and exhausted, even Logan was ready to call it a night. So he was surprised to find, on returning to the master bedroom, after putting Sophia down in the nursery, that Marie wasn't already in bed.

"Where did my little Rogue get to?" he addressed the room, as he stripped off ready for bed. With a grin he slipped into the bathroom, expecting to find Marie, it was empty too, he was getting ready to go out and find her when he felt a breath of air across his shoulder. "Shit Marie, don't sneak up on me like tha..." he faded off as he got a good look at her, dressed in the naughty Christmas present he had given her. "... Wow!"

She was clad neck to toes in a sheer white bodysuit, aside from making her look a little paler than she normally did, it did absolutely nothing to hide every curve of her body from his view.

"I think you and I might have done our shopping at the same place," she teased, as she draped one of the scarves she had given him around his neck, "They have a male version of the bodysuit too if you want to give it a try?" she suggested.

"I know," Logan croaked, when he could speak again, "I got a couple of those too, I wasn't expecting to try them out tonight though, you're tired babe," he said gently, leading her to the bed.

"Mm, not that tired," she replied, pushing him toward the bed.

--

"Do I have to go!" Marie whined, for the fiftieth time that day, as she walked down the stairs.

"Yes," three people replied simultaneously, without even looking up.

She had been trying to talk her way out of the graduation ceremony for the whole week, coming up with one excuse after another. Unfortunately for her, Logan had anticipated every reason so far. Her first was that she didn't have a dress that would fit the 'Winter Wonderland' theme of the New Year's Eve after party. The floor length pale blue dress Logan had pulled out of the hall closet and handed her had caused her face to fall. Her next point, that Sophia didn't have anything to wear, resulted in much the same response, a second dress, in the same colour but with a lace overlay with little snowflakes embroidered on it had quickly changed her opinion from 'damn', to 'oh my god that's so cute!'.

As she walked into the room, wearing the dress Logan had picked out for her, she had to admit she looked good. She had donned one of her sheer white bodysuits under the sleeveless dress, white leather elbow length gloves matched the white leather boots she was wearing, a white fur wrap completed the outfit.

"You look gorgeous baby," Logan informed her when he finally turned to her, dropping a kiss on her glossed lips before he handed her their dressed-up baby.

"You don't look so bad yourself," Marie replied appreciatively, as she surveyed his attire, a perfectly fit pair of black jeans, and a dress shirt the same colour as her dress.

Her parents were also dressed up to a degree, though they didn't plan to stay for the whole party. Marie had tried to use that to her advantage too but been shut down by Logan, pointing out that it would be her last chance to see some of her friends before they went off to college.

"Alright then, let's get this over with," she finally announced, once she was sure they had everything they would need, which meant diapers, and a change of clothes for her and for Sophia, just in case, and a travel highchair for Sophia so she wouldn't have to be carried around all night.

"That's the spirit darlin," Logan chuckled, as he held the door for her to head out to the car.

--

The graduation ceremony went as those things normally do, long and boring, too many speeches, too much sitting around, and fake smiles all around. When it was finally over, and Marie had returned the cap and gown that had been rented by the school for the occasion, she returned to her family, receiving hugs and congratulations all around.

"I'm proud of you kid, you did one hell of a job all things considered," Logan told her, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders as they walked a little way off from the crowd.

"I couldn't have done it without you," she replied softly, squeezing him tightly.

They were standing together, under an old oak tree off to the side of the main field, just the three of them - though Sophia was asleep so she probably didn't count - when a throat was cleared behind them. Marie turned around, while Logan just peered over her head.

"Never thought I'd have to say this to the Wolverine but keep the PDA to a minimum, Rogue might be graduated now but it still doesn't look good having a fresh graduate strutting around, on the arm of a letch, with a baby in tow, making out in the trees," Scott scoffed self-righteously.

"So glad I can finally say this; fuck off One-Eye," Rogue snapped, before tugging Logan's head down toward her and kissing him soundly but quickly.

"Couldn't have said it better myself babe," Logan chuckled in response. The two of them walked off arm in arm, leaving Scott staring after them in open mouthed shock. "If anyone has a problem, you send them to me," Logan called back over his shoulder.

Aside from a disapproving glare from Jean, the rest of the night passed in relative peace. Logan didn't get into any more trouble, the fact that Rogue had finally, after all this time stuck up for herself and her relationship - now that she no longer needed to 'not rock the boat' to keep her place at the school - enough to convince her teachers that now wasn't a good time to push any remaining anti-Logan agenda. He spent most of the night chatting with her parents, some of the other parents, a lot of the students stopped by to say hi too. Logan might have been a hard taskmaster but the students respected him for not going easy on them, and most had been loath to lose him, no matter how much they had complained about his defence classes.

Marie vaguely noticed, as it approached midnight, that her parents hadn't left yet. They were making their way outside in preparation for the midnight fireworks, when Marie's 'Logan senses' went off... he was up to something, she was sure of it, but what? Is that why he was so insistent they come tonight? Logan took her hand as she started to nervously lag behind him, the grin on his face telling her, he knew, that she knew, he was up to something. He led her to the schools rose garden, it was away from the general hubbub of the party, and relatively deserted, even though heaters had been set up in the space to make it cosy. She didn't have to wait long to find out what he was up to.

"I'll make this brief because I know you've caught on- " he commented, as he nervously fumbled in one pocket, trying to distract her from what he was doing with one hand by adjusting Sophia's position with the other. Quickly he dropped down on one knee, one handedly popping open the ring box he produced from his pocket. "What do you say, you really ready to be stuck with me for good?" he asked, grinning at the shocked excitement on her face.

"No, you say it properly," she replied, when she recovered from her initial shock.

With a chuckle Logan gently shifted Sophia, so she was sitting on his knee supported against his chest and arm, before he took one of Marie's hands. "Marie, you are a phenomenal woman, a fantastic mother, and an amazing partner. Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

"Yes! Of course I will, you absolutely incredible man," she replied, smiling widely as tears began to prick at her eyes. Logan gently slipped the ring on her finger, just as the midnight countdown ended, and fireworks began to go off over their heads. "That was well executed," Marie congratulated him, as he rose to gently press his lips to hers. Little Sophia was torn between watching her parents, and watching the bright noisy explosions above them.

"I wanted to get it out of the way before the fireworks started, I was expecting Sophia to freak out, hey you little weirdo, you take after your mommy huh, not being afraid of big scary things like explosions, and freaky guys with metal claws...?" Logan addressed the little girl, who just giggled and pointed at the fireworks again.

The whole school saw Logan's proposal, and Marie's acceptance, and though certain people obviously weren't happy about it there was nothing much they could do, especially not with her parents present and among those congratulating the couple. And Logan ended the night in smug satisfaction in having gotten both the girl, and getting the last laugh over on the group of busybodies.