"Motherfucker! You goddamn son of a bitch, what the fuck were thinking!" Logan exploded, a wave of fury pushing him to his feet to pace the garden path. He felt Wolverines sullen resolve to neither apologise, or feel even the slightest bit sorry for what he'd done.

'She's a goddamn kid you fucker, she's fucking illegal, you want to land us in jail, and leave her alone to deal with a fucking kid,' he mentally raged, struggling to comprehend how Wolverine had taken over, not only taken over but hidden that fact from him.

'She wasn't illegal where we were fucking,' Wolverine replied smugly, 'Besides, words on paper don't change the fact she's fertile and willing, can't get any more grown up than that.'

'What do you mean, where we were fucking?' Logan demanded, before a picture of the Connecticut house flashed before his mind's eye, along with a memory reminding him the age of consent in Connecticut was sixteen, rather than New York's seventeen. 'You sneaky fucker! That's why you insisted on that property?' Logan demanded, shaking his head in amused frustration at the smug confirmation from his alter ego. 'You planned this from the fucking beginning, didn't you?'

Wolverine paused before admitting, 'Not really, no... but I knew the option needed to be there, that it happened, and when it happened, I didn't plan, she made that move.'

'Prove it,' Logan responded, clearly disbelieving. A moment later Wolverine fed him a memory of Marie, coy smile on her lips, as she climbed onto his lap, straddling him, before pressing her lips to his, softly and gently, as her tongue flicked out to lick at the crease of his lips, while she rolled her hips against his groin... He hurriedly slammed a lid on the memory as he felt himself getting hard. 'Shit!' he commented, only getting a satisfied chuckle in return from Wolverine.

He was torn between, demanding Wolverine show him the rest of the memories he'd hidden from him, and going inside to search out Marie. 'What do I need right now, this conversation I somehow got left out of for example,' he eventually demanded.

Memories of conversations relating to their relationship, Marie's pregnancy, and the necessity for it all to be kept in confidence when in New York, quickly flooded into his mind, along with the assurance that the pair had not engaged in any illegal acts in New York state. He also got a dose of exceptionally detailed memories of their first night together, as well as the night Wolverine was convinced was when Marie conceived, along with a promise to share the rest of the memories at a later date. Wolverine was eager for him to go and find Marie, explain to her what had happened and reassure her, as was Logan.

He headed inside, taking the stairs two at a time as he headed directly to his own room, he had no doubt Marie would be waiting for him there. Sure, enough she was seated cross legged in the middle of the bed, a thoughtful frown on her face.

"How do you not remember," she demanded, as soon as the door was closed.

"I was wondering that same thing," Logan told her, intending to start gently, no need to worry her even more. "... You know how Wolverine and I are two separate entities, inside my head, right?" he asked, as he took a seat on the bed beside her.

"I've got you both in my head," she confirmed with a nod.

"It turns out he figured out how to take over, not just take over but how to stop me from figuring out what's been going on--"

"What!?" Marie demanded in fury, jumping up off the bed and beginning to pace. "Why would he do that?"

"Because I told him he wasn't allowed to claim you," Logan admitted.

Marie paused in her pacing before turning to him, a wary, almost fearful look on her face, as her scent shot through with nervousness. "Why did you tell him that?" she asked softly.

Logan sighed and ran a hand through his hair, he moved to the side of the bed and motioned for Marie to stand in front of him.

"I knew he wanted you, hell, I want you, from the minute I laid eyes on you in that bar, but you're young, too young even according to the law here... I know, I know, we've had this conversation, Wolverine filled me in, and everything that was done happened outside of New York where it was legal at least - you have no idea how grateful I am for that. None of that changes the fact you're sixteen, enough of your childhood was lost ending up on the road, and then that shit with Magneto... I just wanted you to be able to be a kid for a while, finish school without any other worries, hang out with your friends, that sort of shit."

"So, this isn't going to, drive a wedge between us or anything?" she clarified.

"Nah darlin', you thought you were stuck with me before, you aren't ever getting rid of me now," Logan replied, pulling her closer to wrap his arms around her waist, placing a kiss on her still flat belly.

“Good, I don’t ever want to get of you,” Marie replied, threading her fingers through his hair and leaning down to place a kiss on top of his head, drawing a chuckle from him.

"So... how do we stop Wolverine from taking over like that again? I don't like the idea of you not knowing everything that happens between us," Marie stated.

"I think you should probably tell him exactly how you feel about that, I have a feeling it'll be enough," Logan grinned, mentally shoving Wolverine to the front of his mind to face Marie's wrath.

She watched as Logan's expression changed minutely, a guarded edge entered his countenance. Marie raised one brow, a frown on her lips, a perfect imitation of him. Wolverine growled, uncomfortable with the fact that his mate was angry with him.

"You lied to me," Marie spoke eventually, "I'm not going to deny I definitely wanted everything that happened to happen but you mislead me by implying that Logan consented too, when you knew he didn't, and why he didn't, can't say I agree with Logan's reasoning but that is something that should have been worked out beforehand, not addressed as an afterthought after you already knocked me up without his knowledge. What else are you hiding from him? What else are you hiding from me? Trust is important Wolverine, you know that, better than most, and what you did broke that trust."

Wolverine broke eye contact, bowing his head in shame, he didn't like Marie being mad at him, and she was right, this could have ended very badly. The express reason Logan had for not wanting to allow their relationship with Marie to progress to sexual was because he didn't want her to get pregnant so young, admittedly that hadn't been his intention but he had played off Logan's honour code to not allow him to leave her on the off chance it did happen, and now it had.

"I'm sorry," he murmured, eyes still lowered in submission, he deserved her ire. The fact she was holding herself in check enough to just verbally berate him made him feel even worse than if she'd have struck him. "It won't happen again," he added.

"Tell me that to my face," Marie demanded.

It took him a moment to look back up, cautiously he met her eyes, she was still mad but at the same time accepting. She would forgive him, he knew that but it would take time before she would trust him again, and that, unfairly, meant trusting Logan too. For that he felt even worse.

"I swear it'll never happen again Marie, I won't lock him out, I'll show him everything, I'm sorry, I just wanted- no, I won't make excuses, I'm just sorry and it won't happen again. I fucked up; Logan was right. I'm not going to say I regret what happened, because I don't, you know I don't... but I'm sorry for what's going to happen next," he said, as honestly and sincerely as he could.

"What's going to happen next?" she asked, tensing again nervously.

"He means we have to tell them," Logan replied, "They've already figured out something's up, and we're not going to be able to hide it much longer, if Wolverine's right you're about three months along, you're going to start showing soon, and you really should be toning down the activity level, if not completely opting out of, phys ed and defence classes," he added.

Marie looked worried, as she turned, and sat herself down in his lap. "What do you think they'll do?" she asked softly.

"I honestly don't know, it's going to be a shock to them, I'm expecting to get kicked out at least, not a good look for a school to have an adult on site who's sleeping with a student," he admitted.

"I won't stay here without you," Marie announced determinedly.

"You need to finish school, darlin--" he started to argue.

"I'm not having this baby without you Logan, I can't, you being here with me is the only thing that stopped me from freaking out when I found out," Marie said firmly.

"Well, if worst comes to worst, I suppose we could move to the Connecticut house and I can drive you in for classes so you can finish up school here, is that an acceptable compromise?" he asked.

"That could work," Marie agreed. "Does this mean we can get started on the nursery now?" she added as an afterthought, a smile suddenly lighting her face.

Wolverine chuckled, and pushed the memory of an excited Marie discussing baby preparations, and his own attempt to delay the inevitable discovery of his actions by discouraging her from nursery decoration plans by pointing out, that they wouldn't know for months whether to decorate for a girl or a boy.

Logan chuckled. "I think Wolverine has a point about waiting until we know what it is first," he commented.

Marie let out an excited sigh. "Fine! We should be able to find that out in a few weeks."

"We don't need to rush," Logan added, kissing her hair softly, "Right now you need to be more concerned with eating properly and studying, you hear me."

"Yeah, that studying is a real pain," she added.

"You've got to sleep too, so off to bed with you," he said, lifting her onto her feet.

"Can't I stay here tonight?" she asked.

"Not a good idea darlin, not if we're going to be trying to convince them tomorrow that nothing's happened here, best for you to go to your room," he stood up, before pulling her back to him for a hug, pressing another kiss to her hair.

"Do we have to tell them tomorrow?" she asked, chewing her lip nervously.

"The sooner it's out of the way, the sooner we can stop worrying about the ifs buts and maybes, you don't need to be doing any extra worrying at the moment," he reassured her.

Logan the door open then and held it for her. "Off you go, back to bed, we'll talk more in the morning," he told her, spying Scott in the hallway watching as Marie hugged him tight before returning his direction with a 'Thanks Logan, goodnight'. She added a 'Goodnight Mr Summers', as she made her way down the hall back to the girls dorm.

"Everything okay now?" Scott asked curiously, once she was around the corner.

Logan shook his head with a grim frown. "I'll explain tomorrow, can you get Xavier and the rest together for a meeting tomorrow at ten?"

"Sure," Scott replied, looking puzzled.

Logan left him to stew and shut his door. He had no doubt all hell would break loose tomorrow, and the fall out would not be pretty. The tension and worry were not going to let him sleep tonight, so he busied himself stripping his room and packing all his belongings, ready to light out at a moments notice come morning.