Marie spent a restless night tossing and turning, worrying over what could happen in the morning. When her roommates finally woke and began to get up for their day, she feigned sleep, waiting for the last teenage girl to make her way out of the room and downstairs for breakfast.

Once she was alone Marie pulled out her old duffel bag that she had arrived with only fifteen short months ago. She quickly packed the sum total of her belongs into the bag, she didn't think today would end well, if she needed to make a quick getaway she needed to be prepared. If, on the other hand, they didn't get turned out, well, she could unpack again later.

At nine when there was a knock on her door. She had a feeling she knew who it was before she opened the door, so she wasn't surprised when she saw Logan standing on the other side. Offering up a shy, nervous smile she left the door open, a wordless invitation for him to enter, as she moved back to her bed. Zipping the last of her belongings into her bag, she set it on the floor and slid it out of sight but in easy reach.

When she turned back to him Logan was still standing in the doorway, leaning casually against the jamb. You had to know him well to be able to see the tension in his body. The sorrowful look in his eyes as he watched her pack her life in a bag, ready to run again, wasn't so hard to miss.

"You missed breakfast," he stated gently, as she approached him again.

"Yeah, I figured I should get the packing out of the way first," she replied, with forced cheer. "I'm going to skip first period and go get some now, want to come with me?" she asked.

"You read my mind darlin," Logan replied, tucking a loose fall of hair back behind her ear. He pulled her close for a hug, before wrapping his arm around her and leading her down to the kitchen. They didn't have to worry about sneaking around as everyone else was already in classes for the morning.

Logan sat her down at the kitchen table before he cooked her up french toast and bacon, which he piled onto a plate and drowned in maple syrup. As she began to eat, he whipped up a small bowl of fruit salad, with strawberries, blueberries, and banana, topping it with whipped cream. She grinned as he set it too down in front of her, along with her drink bottle, which he had filled with ginger ale.

"I don't think I'm going to be able to eat all this," she told him, trying not laugg. She had to wonder how much of this behaviour was Logan and how much was Wolverine, now that she thought back on their time together the times Logan had waited on her previously, before Logan knew she was pregnant, must have been Wolverine. Now that Logan knew though, was he just as sensitive to her needs, or was Wolverine just able to influence his behaviour more openly?

"We don't have to meet the Professor until ten, so you have an hour to eat, slow and steady and hopefully it doesn't decide to make a repeat appearance," he replied, though he did help himself to some of it.

At about half past Jean came along, obviously looking for Rogue, making an excuse that she was just checking on her as she hadn't shown for class. She didn't make her leave though, seeming almost relieved that she was with Logan, Jean instead told her to take all the time she needed before heading back to what she had been doing.

When the hall clock struck ten Logan silently met her eyes, as he gathered up the now mostly empty dishes. He took her gloved hand in his, and led the way to the Professor's office. Surprisingly, he even got to knock on the door before he was called to enter. Opening the door wide, he ushered Rogue into the room before closing the door firmly behind them.

Also present in the room were Scott, Jean, and Ororo; it saved explaining what was happening multiple times but he couldn't help but feel just a little uncomfortable at being so outnumbered. He knew he could take them all if he had to but the small guilt-ridden portion of his brain, that was telling him he was a piece of shit for knocking up a sixteen-year-old, was also telling him he deserved whatever instant karma they handed out.

He sat down next to Marie in a pair of chairs that were set slightly off to one side. Ororo was seated in the sunshine on the window seat, Scott and Jean were on the couch, the Professor, as commanding as always, seated in his wheeled chair behind his desk.

"You called this meeting Logan, perhaps you could inform us all the purpose?" Charles asked, pleasantly but with an underlying concern.

Logan took a deep breath, glancing at Marie who looked nervous but resolved, and he said simply, "Rogue is pregnant."

The room erupted in surprised exclamations as everyone threw out their own immediate questions; How? To who? Is she sure? And more. The Professor signalled for quiet, waiting for everyone to calm down before he began with the most logical questions, was she sure, and how far through was she?

"Positive," Rogue replied, "We did three pregnancy tests, and by now I'm fourteen weeks."

"Wait... how long have you known?" Jean asked, puzzled why the girl hadn't said anything in all this time.

"Since I was about six or seven weeks," Rogue admitted.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Ororo asked gently.

With a worried glance at Logan she all but whispered, "It was safer that way."

"What do you mean safer?" Jean asked, as Scott’s scowl etched even deeper before he asked tersely, "*Who* is the father?"

Everyone watched as Logan laced his fingers through Rogue's before the pair replied simultaneously, "I am/Logan is."

This time the room erupted in shocked and furious shouts as people jumped to their feet, such was their outrage. The Professor was again the voice of calm, calling for silence as he turned his attention back to Logan. All semblance of congeniality was gone, replaced with a simmering rage, topped with a still adequate dose of concern.

"Please could you explain Logan, how one of my students, my underage student, is pregnant and believes you are the father," he stated bluntly.

"Well, it happened the old fashioned way, something went in, something came out, ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom, she's pregnant," Logan replied, he knew he was stalling and would have to give the full story eventually but he still hadn't quite managed to figure out how to word it.

Rogue stifled a chuckle next to him as the Professor's scowl deepened. "This is no joking matter Logan..."

"If it makes it any better, I only found out about all this last night, so, I'm kind of still a little in shock myself," Logan interrupted him.

"How is that possible," Scott scoffed disbelievingly.

Jean felt her concern grow even more as she asked, "Rogue didn't even tell you she was pregnant?" What reason would the girl have had not to tell Logan, unless she was afraid of him, or his reaction. Had they been reading their relationship that badly wrong this whole time?

"Not Rogue, Wolverine," Logan replied, as he set about some sort of explanation. "Charles can confirm this, Wolverine is essentially a separate personality inside my mind, a split personality if you will. I know how to block him out from seeing what is happening out here, to use in situations I don't want him reacting - popping the claws, and the like. Turns out, if I can do that to him, he can do it to me too. I had no idea our relationship had stepped up a level, didn't know he was having sex with her, didn't know she was pregnant, until last night."

"Why would he suddenly tell you last night?" Scott demanded.

"You two noticed too, how Rogue was acting a little... off lately," he said, nodding to Jean and Ororo. "Well, I talked to her, Wolverine knew, now that I was noticing, it couldn't be hidden much longer so he didn't try and interfere when I asked Rogue what was going on. She thought I was joking, about not knowing, when she realised I was serious she told me that she was pregnant, that's when you came in to watch the game last night Scott. After the game I went to process that information and suddenly realised Wolverine was awful quiet over the news his mate was pregnant, that's when I put two and two together. I found Rogue and she confirmed what I managed to get out of Wolverine."

There was silence in the room as everyone processed the bizarre tale they'd just been given.

"So, your split personality was statutorily raping a teenage girl?" Scott asked snarkily.

"No," Logan and Rogue both replied. "Wolverine's not some dumb animal," Logan added, "No sexual activity took place anywhere where Rogue was not legal, I got that assurance from both of them, it seems everything happened at the Connecticut house." Rogue nodded in agreement, before adding that they were always very careful to make sure of that.

"I don't see how that makes any difference," Scott snapped, still looking furious. "We need to get the police involved," he demanded.

"Why? You really think that's going to help?" Rogue snapped back angrily. Logan could scent her fear, bordering on sheer terror, but she was covering it with anger. He gently set his hand on her thigh, trying to encourage her to calm down, it wasn't healthy for her, or for the baby, for her to be this worked up.

"I am minded to side with Rogue at this point," Charles replied thoughtfully, "Though we cannot have you remain at the school Logan."

"I understand," Logan assured him, "I'd like Rogue to keep attending classes here though if you'll allow that?"

"Rogue is welcome to remain--" the Professor began.

"I think you misunderstood, I won't be living here, just coming in for classes," Rogue clarified.

"Where do you plan on living?" Jean asked, with a tolerant chuckle, as if she were talking to a small child who had threatened to run away but wouldn't get further than the end of the driveway.

"We're moving to the Connecticut house, Logan's going to drive me in for school--" Rogue explained, before being interrupted herself.

"No, I won't support that," Scott said, beginning to pace the room, "Professor you can't seriously consider allowing this!"

"That is not up for your approval, nor subject to your support," Logan replied in a dangerously calm tone, "You are not Rogue's guardian, she is not yours to command, if she chooses to leave you can't stop her, that would be kidnapping, and she can live with whoever she chooses to."