"You leave this property with her and I will call the damn cops on you myself," Scott declared, "They'll arrest your sick fucking ass before you're over the state border!"

"Curious what they would be more interested in, a guy from out of state with an, in that state legal girlfriend, who is being threatened and extorted by the people with top secret military grade equipment in a secret underground bunker under their 'school'?" Logan casually commented with a smug grin. "You fuck me over Scooter, I will bury you, you are running a very fine line here threatening the safety of my mate, and my child," Logan finished the sentence in a harsh growl, Wolverine simmering barely leashed under the surface of deadly calm.

"You wouldn't," Jean replied condescendingly, trying to call his bluff.

"Is that so?" Logan asked, a dark smirk growing on his face, "Want to try your luck?"

"Enough. Unfortunately Logan is correct, we cannot prevent Rogue from leaving, we cannot prevent her and Logan from living together out of state, we could refuse her attendance at the school but I do not believe that will be in Rogue's best interests, Logan will not be permitted to enter school grounds however, at all, for any reason, including to drop Rogue off or pick her up, you will need to do so outside the front gate," Charles stated forcefully.

"You expect me to make her walk, the half mile drive, pregnant? What if it's raining? What if it’s fucking snowing!?” Logan asked incredulously.

"It's okay Logan, if I need to Jubilee could give me a ride up the drive," Rogue replied with a shrug, this one detail wasn't a hill worth dying on.

"Have you ever driven with Jubilee?" Logan asked, with a roll of his eyes, earning a giggle from the girl.

"To answer your earlier question, yes, once you leave following this meeting, you step one foot on this property and I will have you arrested, is that clear?" the Professor interrupted.

"Crystal, unnecessary but clear," Logan replied.

"Unnecessary!?" Scott fumed, still furious, "How many other girls have you taken up to your sex shack huh? Didn't you take a group of Rogue's friends to have a sleepover weekend up there a month or so back?" Scott reminded the other parties to the discussion.

Logan rolled his eyes. "Yes, Rogue's friends came up for a sleepover, they stayed in her room, nothing happened. Rogue is Wolverine's mate, he has no interest in any other female, full stop, end of story, and neither do I."

"So you hit on Jean because...?" Scott added smugly, believing he had found a loophole in Logan’s argument.

"It pisses you off," Logan admitted, with a shit eating grin. Rogue sniggered, even Ororo looked mildly amused by that comment, Jean though only got more pissed.

"Alright, enough. Rogue will be excused from classes for the rest of the week, admittedly that is only the rest of today and tomorrow, to relocate and settle, she will be due back for class on Monday. Jean, I trust you will be willing to take on Rogue's maternity care?" the Professor asked.

Before Jean could respond, Logan turned to Rogue. "Is that alright with you kid?"

"Um, I mean, if there's an emergency I don't have a problem with Jean treating me or checking on baby but for day to day stuff I'd rather have an offsite maternity provider, I'm going to need ultrasounds and stuff soon and I want you there for that, won't be able to do that if I'm here with these rules," Rogue replied with a shrug.

Logan nodded in agreement before turning back to Charles. "I'll drop Rogue off at ten to nine and pick her up at three thirty, Monday to Friday, from off campus, additional medical care won't be needed, is there anything else we need to discuss?" he asked curtly.

Charles looked even more annoyed as he replied tightly, "No, that is all, if you need to speak about anything, specifically relating to Rogue, going forward, you may ring my personal line, other than that no contact with the school, or any of our students, will be tolerated, any breach of this agreement will result in a trespass notice being issued against you, and the police being involved, solely in regards to trespass," he said, glancing pointedly at Scott. "Now, Ororo will escort you to your vehicle in the garage for you to depart, you may wait there for Rogue while she collects her personal belongings, your own will be packed and delivered to your residence over the weekend," Charles continued.

"Won't be necessary, everything's packed, if you won't let me grab my bag Rogue can get it when she grabs hers," Logan replied, turning on his heel to head for the door. In a scene reminiscent of his first encounter with the little twerp, the slightly shorter Summers immediately placed himself between him and the door. "I'm on my way out of here, for the very last time Summers, you really want to be getting in my way?" he growled menacingly, the threat to the younger man clear enough that he barely hesitated in stepping out of his way, even though he scowled like a petulant child.

Rogue followed him out, her hand still clasped in his until they reach the stairs. "Be quick, we don't know what they'll try," Logan whispered to her, not even loud enough to be heard by Ororo, who was following along several feet behind them. With a nod of understanding Rogue dashed up the stairs, heading for Logan's room first.

Ororo gestured for Logan to keep moving once Rogue had disappeared from view. When they got to the garage Logan pulled his keys out of his pocket, unlocking the truck ready for his passenger, he wasn't getting in himself until Marie was safely stowed in the vehicle.

"I'm confused, surely 'Wolverine'-" Ororo sneered mockingly- "Would have been intelligent enough to use protection so you didn't risk getting caught."

"The pill made Rogue sick, and the night he thinks she got pregnant a condom tore, despite the getting sick she did take a morning after pill on that occasion 'to be safe', I guess our kid's pretty damned determined and resilient," Logan answered gently, he liked Storm, though she could be an epic bitch when you pissed her off. "I don't know if you believe me, I don't know if you care, but I told Wolverine he wasn't allowed to take Rogue yet because I specifically didn't want this to happen, it has happened though, all we can do now is pick up the pieces and make the best of the situation. Rogue was going to be mine eventually, does it really make much difference if it's now, or in a year? She'll be legal in New York in a week, in a year we can get married, how old does she have to be before you stop having a problem with us?" he asked, the questions were largely rhetorical, he wasn't really expecting an answer but Ororo surprised him.

"Just don't run again Logan, she needs you now, I just hope you realise what that means," she responded softly.

"No more driving aimlessly around frozen wasteland, no more fighting rednecks for shits and giggles, no more screwing barflies in dirty alleys from sheer boredom, no more lying alone at night trying not to sleep because the sleeping hours are worse than the waking... staying in one place, routine and consistency, falling asleep every night wrapped up in the same woman, sleepless nights for a whole different reason, and a miniature human who looks at you like you're their whole world, because as far as they know, you are..." Logan smiled softly, "Yeah Ro, I know what this means, and death himself couldn't drag me away even if he ever stood a chance to begin with."

Rogue rushed into the room then, out of breath and obviously crying, two bags clutched in her hands. "Hey kid, what's wrong," Logan asked worriedly, catching hold of her as she almost collided with him.

"Let's go," she said firmly, as Logan noticed a fuming Jean follow her into the room. Without another word Logan gently boosted her up into the truck, taking the bags from her before he closed her door, which she locked before she put her seatbelt on. He dumped the bags in the backseat as he moved around to the driver's side and climbed aboard.

Without another word he turned over the engine, before pulling out of the garage and rolling down the driveway. He flipped off the security cameras as he pulled through the gate for the last time, knowing without a shadow of a doubt that Scott was watching. As they pulled onto the road, he heard the shaky exhale Rogue released as they left the mansion behind.

"You okay?" Logan asked, reassuringly squeezing her hand as he glanced at her momentarily.

For the first time, in what he suddenly realised was quite a while, her face broke into a brilliant smile. "Yeah, yeah I am, you were right, I am so glad that is done."

"It's not going to be too hard for you, coming back for classes?" he queried, the last thing he wanted was for her to be any more stressed in her current condition.

"It - it should be fine," she replied hesitantly, even as he noticed the brief flicker of doubt pass over her face.

"What is it Marie?" he pressed, but she just shook her head and mumbled that it was stupid. "Whatever it is, it's upsetting you Marie, that's not stupid, you got to tell me if things are upsetting you babe, if I can I'll make it better, if I can't I'll help you through it, but you aren't in this alone Marie, I'm here and I've got your back, no matter what," he told her, squeezing her hand again.

She smiled as she teared up. "Jean said I was making a mistake,” she began in barely a whisper, “You just wanted me because I'm the forbidden but as soon as I'm fat and all stretched and saggy with a baby in tow, you'll leave, and I'll just be a ‘used-up, leftover, whore’--"

"Never on your life Marie,” Logan interrupted with a disgusted snarl, “You hear me, you're mine, and I'm yours, nothing could ever break that... if she says anything like that again you tell me straight away, you don't have to tolerate that shit, and I won't be either, that's going to be their first warning. You are there to learn, not to be harassed by a jealous bitch who can't get the boy toy who's been hanging off her for half a decade to marry her, that's all it is babe, jealousy, she was scanning my mind like crazy in that meeting, she knows I would never leave you," he announced emphatically.

Marie smiled, grateful for his reassurance. She knew he was telling the truth, Wolverine had told her often enough, and even the him inside her head knew it. She hugged his arm with a satisfied sigh, as she settled in for the short trip to their new permanent home.