"Cold floor!" Marie squeaked, and jumped back onto the bed. A pair of socks landed on the bed beside her a moment later as Logan began to make his way down the stairs. Quickly pulling the socks on she hurried down the stairs after him.

Logan had gone to the fire to top it up, so Marie went to the kitchen to make coffee and start preparing some food for breakfast. Logan joined her a short time later once the fire was blazing away merrily, popping and crackling softly. He slid up behind her and wrapped his arms around her, pressing a gentle kiss against her shoulder.

"I love you Marie," he suddenly said, turning her to face him. "I need you to know that, really know it, I love you, and it's the forever kind of love, I don't- I don't do anything less, the animal side of me won't let me, you're mine, from now on, do you- do you understand?" he asked looking uncertain.

Marie brought a hand up to rest on his cheek. "I understand Logan, forever," she pressed a soft kiss to his lips. "Now stop interrupting me before breakfast burns," she said with a grin, turning back around in the cage of his arms to continue with her cooking.

"Yes ma'am," he replied with a chuckle, placing another kiss on her bare shoulder that was now peeking out from where the neckline of his t-shirt had slipped off her shoulder. He left her to her cooking and went back to the living room to collect the trail of clothing they had left the day before, hanging what needed it and folding the rest. After a moment he went to Marie's room and returned with all her clothes, stuffed inside her bag, and carried everything upstairs to his room, now, their room.

As they enjoyed their breakfast a short time later Marie asked another question, "Is this- is this place where you and Sarah lived?" She wasn’t really sure how she felt about the idea of living in a house once kept a home by her significant others former partner.

"No, this place is ours darlin, just ours," Logan replied, seeming to sense what she was actually asking. "Sarah and I lived in Nova Scotia, I bought this place a couple of years ago, partly because it was literally the opposite end of the country, and I like the winters up here."

"I like the winters too," Marie replied with a smile. "Even the parts where we get snowed in for weeks."

"I especially like those," Logan replied with a purr, "Lots of close quarters time with nothing else to do," he winked at her suggestively, causing Marie to blush prettily even as she laughed.

--

It had been two weeks since their relationship had taken a sudden shift to the physical, and they had jumped in head first. Neither of them had been able to keep their hands off the other, which had led to them christening every room in the house for their carnal activities.

So it came as a shock to Marie when one evening, as they were relaxing on the couch in front of the fire. She reading a book she had found while exploring the 'basement' - which was apparently Logan-speak for 'a whole other house slightly below ground level' - and he just staring into the flames with a slight frown, when he suddenly raised a query.

"Marie, are you sure we're not going too fast?" he asked out of the blue.

"What do you mean?" she asked, eyebrows knit in confusion. They had literally been doing it multiple times a day and he had been very careful about making sure she was completely comfortable with everything they had done.

He opened his mouth a few times as if to begin speaking, obviously not happy with however he was trying to word his next comments. Eventually he just blurted it out.

"You're sixteen, I know that's legal, age of consent-wise, and I know you're not a child, but you're still young, I don't want you to be pushed into anything you're not ready for yet, that includes by yourself... I love you, and I'm happy to wait for you, as long as it takes, for you to be ready for anything, whether it's the sex or just the relationship in general, I'm not going to push you, and I don't want you to agree to things because you think you owe it to me, or because you think I'll drop you and move on if you don't... Do you understand?" he haltingly asked.

She had turned away from her book completely during his speech to watch him closely. She could see the uncertainty and conflict in his expression, and the deep affection he had finally stopped suppressing when he looked at her. He met her gaze steadily as he finished, watching her closely, obviously to read into her response.

She shifted to sit on the couch facing him, her book forgotten on the floor. "I understand Logan," she replied, "To be honest, I never even considered the legality thing, so I'm glad that's not going to be an issue, and you're right, I'm not a child, so I would appreciate it if you stopped second guessing me and my decisions and just accept that I love you and I want this, I promise, if you ever suggest something that I'm not comfortable with, or if I want to take things slower, or dial things back a bit, I will tell you, until then, stop overthinking everything."

Logan huffed a laugh and smiled against her lips as she pressed a kiss to his lips, they quickly got carried away before eventually falling asleep, wrapped in each other’s arms in front of the toasty fire.

Logan woke hours later, the fire had died down and the chill of the room had begun to creep over them. Unwrapping himself from around Marie he loaded the fire again, before slipping into the downstairs bedroom and retrieving the fur blanket off the bed. Marie was half awake when he returned, after losing her body heat pillow, and snuggled back against him as he wrapped them both in the soft skins. She didn't go back to sleep though, instead she set her hands to wandering as her lips began to move across his chest.

Before he knew it, her hands were inside his shirt, at first just exploring but then trying to slowly work it off, she got it so far off before it wouldn't move any further because he was lying on it. "Damn it Logan, help me out here," she muttered, tugging it again.

With an amused chuckle he rolled over, taking her with him and pulling the shirt off. "Happy now?"

"Mmm, no," she replied, as she moved on to trying to remove his pants.

"Someone's impatient," he grunted a second later, as she tried to push his pants off his hips none too gently.

"Well you could help out some," she replied, shifting as he finally moved to slide his jeans off. She was back on top of him moments later, running her hands over him and quickly following up with her mouth. Logan just watched, happy to let her take the lead for a while. When he took too long to join in Marie huffed and quickly pulled off her own clothes, throwing them out of their furry little blanket cave. She settled herself back down, straddling his hips, her hair was loose and hanging over her shoulders, hiding her now bare breasts, the fur blanket draped over her shoulders, everything else was bare.

"I feel like you're just not so into this," Marie commented, looking partway between amused and annoyed as she sat atop him.

"Oh, I'm definitely into this," he replied, rocking his hips against hers so she could feel his growing erection. “I'm just enjoying the attention, and the view." He finally reached for her, sliding a hand up to cup a breast, kneading gently.

"Well in that case, I shall continue," Marie responded, continuing her ministrations.

Before long Logan was no longer a passive participant, he moved her over him until he could sink into her, both of them moaning in pleasure. After a moment she moved Logan's hands to her hips.

“Show me," she whispered, obviously unsure of what to do next.

Slowly he moved her hips, rolling them and encouraging her into a gentle rhythm, once she was comfortable, he let her take over again as she experimented with her movements. Before long she gave up trying to keep up her rhythm as she began to tremble and spasm around him, taking hold of her hips again Logan thrust up into her as she came around him before he exploded into her. She collapsed onto his chest with a smile.

"Thanks," she mumbled into his chest.

"Don't thank me darlin, you started it, sleep now." He wrapped his arms around her as they both drifted off to sleep again.

--

The next morning Marie finally wriggled her way out of the warm blanket to bolt for the bathroom, when she returned Logan was already up and dressed. She tugged on her own clothes and rewrapped herself in the still warm blanket, accepting the mug of hot chocolate Logan handed her as he sat down behind her, pulling her soft form back against him.

They had been content to cuddle the morning away when Logan suddenly froze, listening intently to something outside.

"Marie... go hide," he suddenly growled, "Downstairs, panic room, stay until I come for you. Move!" he stripped the blanket off her, as he lifted her to her feet, and shoved her toward the stairs.

Marie had just shut the basement door behind her, when she heard a loud splintering crash from the room she had just left. She fought down the urge to run back into the living room, and forced herself to move down the stairs as Logan told her, his tone had left no room to fight him on that.

Whatever was up there was bad.