"Why are you wearing gloves?" Logan asked suddenly, as he held her door for her as she climbed into the truck.

"Uh, well, I kind of haven't told anyone at the school that I can control it," Marie shrugged, "Bad I know but it helped me hide baby so long, so it's not all bad."

"You know they're going to figure that out as soon as they find out about junior, right," Logan commented, amused and impressed by her forethought, even if it was sneaky, as he climbed into the truck.

"Yeah, I guess that can't be helped, I hope the Professor’s not too mad," Marie responded.

"He won't be," Logan assured her; he would make sure of it.

Once they were seated at the diner Marie had picked out, and were tucking into a late lunch, the conversation started up again, with Marie filling Logan in on what had happened at the school since their last phone call - which had ended prematurely when Marie's friend, Jubilee, had burst into the room demanding Rogue's presence in the rec room for some urgent matter that she refused to take no for an answer on. It turned out it was a poker game, being run by the New Orleans card shark who had arrived at the mansion about a month after Logan had left. Apparently, he laughed at Jubilee when she said Rogue could kick his ass at the game, so she had dragged Marie downstairs to do just that.

Logan couldn't help but laugh as she explained how she had shamelessly utilised the 'him’ in her head to thrash the guy, even though he was obviously cheating. She exposed the cheating after she beat him four times, and beat a hasty retreat when the room had erupted in fury. Everyone had refused to play any card games with him for days afterward.

"So, what else do you use me to cheat at?" Logan asked amused.

"Oh, history tests, Scott's shop class, trivia quizzes, that sort of thing," she replied nonchalantly, as she popped a french fry in her mouth.

"It takes the saying 'what's mine is yours' to a whole new level," Logan commented good naturedly, "So how are you doing with school? You passing everything?"

"Yep," Marie replied, "I'm on track to graduate in the winter class at the end of this year."

"That's early isn't it?" Logan queried, even though he knew from Ororo’s updates, the only one of the teachers who would give him full updates, that she was indeed ahead of her peers.

"I've been trying to cram as many classes to get as far ahead as I can before the baby comes, I should be due sometime around the middle of August which is going to be a bit of a pain, I'm hoping he comes a little early so I can get a month of baby-time in before classes start again in September," Marie said brightly, she had obviously been thinking this over herself.

“He?” Logan queried, surprised.

Marie shrugged. “Or she, either-or, don’t mind... you?”

“I don’t know, a little girl would be cute, boys can be all kinds of trouble, girls are a lot less trouble,” Logan replied, smiling at the thought of a little girl, with her mothers big brown eyes, and an impish grin.

“Until they get to teenagers and get boyfriends,” Marie replied, laughing when Logan narrowed his eyes and growled at her; not on his watch…

"You want to stay here then?" Logan lead into the next topic they needed to discuss.

Marie nodded, looking uncertain. "I would like to stay until graduation, I'm not opposed to moving on and finishing high school somewhere else if we have to but I would prefer to stay, just because I'm settled here for now... you made a joke about me ‘nesting’," she sniggered, tapping the side of her head, before continuing, "I like the teachers well enough and I've got friends here, it would save having to try and fit in again at a new school. But I will only be staying if you are staying, with me, together, that's not negotiable and if the Professor has a problem with that then we're going."

Logan reached over and squeezed her hand. "I'm not going anywhere without you kid, don't you worry about anything, I'll convince them," he replied, with a growl and a quick, discreet, flash of claws. It had the desired effect and Marie brightened up, laughing at his implied threat.

"So, how are we going to break the news to the geeks?" he asked, a little while later as they continued their meal.

"I was thinking," Marie started, as she pulled off her jumper to reveal a white maternity top, V-neck, with a gathered bust, short sleeves, and a loose floaty waist that alternately hid and revealed her peeking bump, "Just walk right in, not say anything, see how long it takes for anyone to notice."

"I like that idea," Logan laughed, "We can do it tonight, I can guarantee it won't take them long to notice but I doubt they'll say anything about it tonight, tomorrow will be fun. You sure you're ready to handle this now?"

Marie nodded. "Yeah, I'm ready, it will be nice to have it out in the open so I can stop worrying about people noticing," she admitted. Hiding her growing bump had been the one point of stress in her life the last two months, since she had started watching the little bump grow in her bathroom mirror.

"You don't have to hide any more darlin," Logan assured her, "And you don't have to deal with this alone either."

They chatted about lighter topics for the next couple of hours, with Logan periodically ordering Marie more food. At one point she went to the bathroom, and returned to find another piece of peach cobbler on the table in front of her seat. "Damn it Logan, you're going to make me fatter than the baby will, you better be helping me eat this," she told him with a laugh, as she sat back down.

"You saying there would be something wrong with that?" Logan asked, casting an eye down what he could see of her body, her breasts were already plumping nicely. Marie just blushed, and shook her head in amusement.

"We've got two hours before we have to get back to the mansion, anything else you want to do before we head back?" Logan asked Marie, when he finally called for their cheque.

She didn't reply until they were outside the diner. "It's a shame you didn't bring the camper, so we could have a little... privacy," she hinted.

"Privacy huh? Think I can manage that," he replied with a naughty grin, once they were both settled in the truck, and they rolled away to find the most private space they could.