Logan and Marie slept soundly through the night, content to finally be back together. Marie's extra pillows had not been warm or solid enough to make a decent substitute for Logan, and the shirt of hers he had taken with him to Yukon had lost her scent after only a few weeks of near constant handling.

Waking up with an armful of Marie, his face buried in the crook of her neck, and one of her legs thrown over his hip, was as close as Logan could ever remember being to heaven. As he slowly drifted awake, he remembered his promise to wake Marie up early. The digital clock on her nightstand read five twenty-seven am, the sun wouldn't be up for about another hour, but she looked too beautifully peaceful to wake, so he contented himself with watching her sleep. That didn't last as long as he had hoped though, as she began to stir a short time later.

"Good morning handsome," she murmured sleepily. "I thought you were waking me up bright and early," she teased.

"It still early, not too bright yet but you were far to pretty to wake," he replied, smiling down at her as she stretched leisurely beside and around him.

"Are you saying I'm not pretty when I'm awake?" Marie asked, in mock indignation.

"Well, you do have a tendency of opening your mouth and ruining the illusion," Logan replied, the cheeky grin on his face letting her know he was just joking.

Marie slapped at his shoulder half-heartedly, with her own responding giggle, before replying, "You are lucky I'm a horny pregnant woman or you wouldn't be getting any until sometime next year after a comment like that!"

"Horny!?" Logan asked, surprised.

"Oh yeah, women don't only crave weird food when they're pregnant you know," she replied, "I've been horny as anything for about the last month, according to the pregnancy guides I've read it's perfectly normal, apparently one of the most common cravings, now that you're back--"

Logan didn't let her finish, kissing her thoroughly as his hands began to roam her body. "You know, I didn't know that, why do guys so often complain about their wives getting pregnant?" he added, as he broke the kiss but continued to feel his way across her body.

"Oh, you're just lucky, women usually go one way or the other where sex is concerned, either all the time everywhere, or hell no don't come near me with that thing, then there's the weird food cravings, and we tend to get bitchy once we get the size of a house and none of our clothes fit, and... oh yeah, right there!"

As much as he wanted to be all over her, he was mildly concerned about hurting the baby. He honestly knew very little about pregnancy, and babies in general, but Marie wanted this so he was going to make sure she left this bed, eventually, fully satisfied. He used his hands and mouth on her, bringing her over the edge repeatedly before she begged him to enter him. It took some coaxing from her to convince him she was comfortable, and she giggled at him when he verbalised his fear of squishing the baby, before he finally sank into her tight heat.

"Fuck it's good to be home!" he groaned, as he allowed the missed sensation to wash over him. Marie moaned in agreement, encouraging him to continue, it wasn't long before they were both stifling cries of completion, before Logan pulled her back down to him, and they drifted off to sleep again, this time sated.

Half an hour later, Logan woke to the sound of approaching footsteps, followed by a knock, on Marie's bedroom door. She stirred but snuggled back down into the sheets and settled again, so Logan got up, pulled on his jeans, and opened the door. They had been careful to avoid too much talk about the exact nature of their relationship while Marie had been underage, in New York, but now, in her current condition, and with the 'chat' that would imminently take place, there really was no point beating around that particular bush. She was pregnant with his kid after all.

He opened the door to see the boy scout standing at the threshold, a dark look immediately taking over the younger man’s features, those that could be seen around his ever-present glasses at least.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Scott demanded.

"Keeping my girl company, want to explain what you're doing bashing her door down at... eight thirty on a Saturday?" Logan replied coolly. He wasn't a student, he wasn't a teacher, and Marie was legal now, so he really didn't think he had any need to explain himself, least of all to this little punk.

"The Professor is ready to see Rogue now," Scott replied tightly, trying to shove the door open past Logan, so he could see into the room.

Logan let the door open a bit further, so the intruder could see Marie asleep in bed, before replying, "Marie's not quite ready yet, give us an hour for her to get up and get some breakfast, we'll be there at nine thirty." With that, he shut the door in Scott's face, turning back to the sleeping beauty on the bed.

"Mm, again Logan, gee your more insatiable than I am," Marie mumbled with a grin, as she slowly woke to the feel of Logan's lips on her flesh.

"One, you had better believe it, healing factor darlin, haven't ever been worn-out by a woman yet," he replied cockily. "Two, not now babe, we just got our summons to the Court of public opinion by none other than stick-up-his-ass Summers, I bought us an hour, so, rise and shine darlin, hit the shower and then we're going down for breakfast." He kissed her again, picking her up out of bed as he did so, and guiding her into the bathroom. He would not be joining her in the shower because he was determined she get breakfast before their meeting; a joint shower would just take too long.

As Marie dressed, he jumped through the shower himself, stepping out after a five-minute wash, he towelled off as he stepped into the bedroom. Marie was dressed in tight black jeans with a tight, dark green, stretchy long sleeve top on that showed off her burgeoning baby bump proudly. She obviously had maternity clothes all bought and ready for when she could start showing off. This shirt had little silver baby foot and hand prints on the belly section.

Logan smiled at her choice, and leaned down to kiss her belly, kissing her too on the way back up before he reached for the clothes Marie had thrown on the bed for him - jeans, a black t-shirt, and a dark green flannel that looked almost perfectly colour matched to the green of her own shirt. She had pulled on a pair of black hiking boots while he was dressing, and was struggling with the laces until Logan knelt down beside her, and batted her hands out of the way. He laced her boots for her, before pulling his own boots on too.

It wasn't until they were walking down the hallway, hand in hand, that Logan realised she had foregone gloves. It looked like she was going to blow all her secrets in one go he realised, as he felt the cool metal of her engagement ring where their fingers were entwined. That didn't sound like a half bad idea.

As they entered the cafeteria a hushed silence fell over those who had dragged themselves out of bed already, and gathered around the hot food. He spied Jubilee and Kitty at a table at the back with a few other teenagers. Jubilee gesticulated wildly what looked like a message for them to get food and join their table, however, once Marie had her food, she tried to move away from them to a quieter table alone at the back of the room.

Stopping her with a covertly placed hand on her arm Logan whispered, so only she could hear, "You can't separate yourself off from your friends Marie, that'll give them a reason to object to this if they think it's going to make you withdraw, let's go sit with them."

She considered what he said before realising he had a good point, she also noticed the occupied teachers table watching them closely, with expressions ranging from mild concern to downright murderous. She shrugged and nodded, before moving to the table to sit opposite Jubilee, leaving a seat to her left for Logan to join her, opposite Kitty. The rest of the table’s occupants were curiously silent as Jubilee began to chatter, her easy-going nature didn't take long to lull them all back into a sense of security, and most of the babble started up again.

"So chica," Jubilee said after a while, "When do we find out if junior's a mini you or a mini dude?"

"Whenever I go for an ultrasound I guess, though I still haven't decided if I want to know in advance you know, I'd kind of like it to be a surprise," she admitted, sounding uncertain.

"You have to find out!" Kitty announced dramatically, "I need to know what colours I'm shopping for baby stuff in, ooh! Or we could do a surprise gender reveal, you could get your doctor to tell me and Jubes and then we can think of a really cool way to show everyone, and then we need to set a date for the baby shower, and--"

"Whoa Kitty-cat hold your horses," one of the boys chuckled, Logan was pretty sure from listening to previous conversation that his name was Johnny. "I get you're excited, though why is beyond me, babies are screaming, smelling, sleep stealers after all, but this isn't your kid, you should probably make sure Rogue's okay with all this before you run off and start planning her life for her." Several of the other kids laughed when Kitty replied by sticking her tongue out at him.

Marie laughed along with everyone else before adding, "Some of that stuff sounds okay maybe we can talk more about it later, still undecided on the gender thing though, what do you think?" she turned to ask Logan

He shrugged. "Doesn't bother me either way, though I'll admit, I am hoping for a little girl as sweet as her mama." Marie blushed as she nudged him playfully. It might have been a cheesy thing to say but it was true, and Logan knew he had won over most of Marie's friends right then and there when all the girls at the table 'aww'd and giggled. The guys mostly chuckled, a few rolled their eyes, though Logan noted one kid in particular who had yet to crack a smile, or join any of the kids banter. In fact, he looked decidedly pissed as he glared down at his plate.

The conversation quickly turned to other subjects, like what the teens were going to do that weekend. As they chattered among themselves, Logan focused on making sure Marie ate, even taking it on himself a few times to hold food right in front of her mouth until she took it. She just smiled to herself and let him fuss over her, the little voice of his, tucked away in the corner of her mind as he had been since the statue incident, laughingly told her there was no point resisting, he had to take care of his mate, especially with progeny on the way.