An hour later Marie was asleep, in what was now their bed, as Logan lounged on the couch reading. When he heard excited chatter and footsteps hurrying down the hallway he didn’t think much of it until it stopped at their door. Loud knocking interrupted the silence before Logan was able to react.

"What?!" he growled irritably, as he yanked open the door. Marie's yellow friend was front and centre and jumped, with a surprised squeak, when he appeared in front if her.

"Don’t scare them Logan," Marie giggled from the bed, yawning widely and stretching as she woke.

"Oh, we're so sorry, we didn't mean to wake you up," Kitty said, jabbing Jubilee in the ribs. "We can come back later if you want?" she added.

"You've woken her up already, better make it worth it," Logan grunted in reply, walking back over to the couch.

"We'll make it worth it Wolvie," Jubilee announced, knocking the door shut before she slipped a bottle of Jack Daniel's out from under her shirt. "Congrats papa bear," she grinned as she handed it him.

Logan shook his head with a chuckle, setting the bottle down on the side table; how she had managed to get her hands on it he did not want to know. "So, what did you girls really come here for?" he asked, as he picked his book back up.

"Just the juiciest gossip," Jubilee replied. "So start talking girl!" she informed Rogue, as she flopped down on the bed beside her.

"What do you want to know?" Marie asked, sighing dramatically as she fluffed up her pillows to sit back against them.

"First off, why the hell didn't you tell us about the parasite?" Jubilee demanded.

"Hey!" Logan exclaimed in annoyance, "That's my kid your talking about.”

Marie interrupted before the conversation could devolve further. "I didn't tell anyone because I wanted Logan to know first but I didn't want to tell him over the phone, I knew he was coming back yesterday so I waited, and hoped the baby didn't grow too fast."

"I guess it would have been hard for Logan to know and be so far away," Kitty conceded, "So how did your talk with the Professor go, are you allowed to stay?"

"Yeah, the Professor was surprisingly understanding, he's given us a suite further down the hall that we're going to move into next week, so we can start getting ready for the baby. We're going to be staying until I graduate at the end of the year, after that we haven't really discussed our plans going forward," Marie told them.

Kitty thought that was just fantastic, while Jubilee wanted to help them decorate their new suite, which Logan adamantly declined, before Kitty asked what Logan would be doing while they would be hanging around at the school.

"Chuck's asked me to take over maintenance and run a survival camp for the older kids over summer," Logan replied, before Jubilee groaned.

"Kitty, please can I go with you to stay with your folks for the summer?" she begged. At Logan’s raised brow Jubilee added, "I hate camping."

"That's not the attitude Jubes," Kitty replied with a giggle, "Besides, my parents are going to Europe this summer so I'm going to be staying here anyway."

"Oh well, at least I won't die alone wallowing in my self-pity," Jubes shrugged, as the other girls laughed at her comment.

"No one is going to be dying," Logan chuckled, "It's going to be nice and easy, I might even let Marie come along, depending on how late in the season it ends up being."

The conversation continued on comfortably with most of the girls’ question about baby specifics unable to be answered as the baby hadn't had its check up with Jean yet.

"Oh! Can we come for the ultrasound?" Kitty asked excitedly.

Logan and Marie glanced at each other, if Jubilee didn't know better, she would have sworn they were communicating telepathically, before Marie replied, "Sorry Kit-Kat, I'd really like this to be just me and Logan when we meet bubs for the first time."

Kitty sighed but replied good naturedly, "Fair enough, but don’t forget pictures, and I expect to be referred to as Aunty, FYI."

"Only if I am too!" Jubilee added.

Logan groaned and rolled his eyes, while Marie shot him an amused grin and agreed with the girls. "We’re both kind of running low on the family side of things so I guess it would probably be a good thing to adopt a few Aunts and Uncles for the kid," she admitted. Jubes and Kitty knew she had been essentially disowned by her parents, she had tried writing to them after arriving at the school but received no reply, and that Logan was a lot older than he looked, which they assumed meant he had outlived his family.

They chatted on for some time until Marie's stomach growled hungrily. "Where the heck is all this food going?!" she commented, sounding genuinely confused.

"I'd say I told you so and you're too skinny but it *is* dinner time," Logan said, after a quick glance at the clock, and the group made their way down to the cafeteria.

Logan was curious to note that Scott was still not among those present, the Professor was in attendance which made it even more odd. He shrugged it off as not his problem however, and settled for getting himself some food, adding a few things to Marie's plate when he thought she wasn’t looking.

"Logan!!" she expressed exasperatedly, when she noticed but it did nothing but make him grin.

"You'll thank me later," he replied, as they made their way to a table. Logan felt a little out of place tacked on the end of a table of teenagers but whatever Marie felt most comfortable with was what he was there for. He also knew he wouldn't feel comfortable just yet sitting with the rest of the teachers, and if he sat alone, Marie would follow him.

Jubilee's loose lips soon let slip the fact of the upcoming survival camp, much to her dismay the rest of the kids seemed to love idea and Logan spent most of the meal going over things the kids wanted to learn how to do. Some ideas he added immediately, and firmly, to the 'don’t go there’ list, he was also able to pick out a few kids who had some experience already and could help teach basics to their peers.

After dinner Marie was invited to a rematch with Remy at poker, which she accepted on the condition he didn't cheat again. She ran her hand along Logan's shoulder, her way of saying goodbye, as she followed a group of her friends out of the room, laughing animatedly as they went. Logan noted the blonde kid from this morning, Bobby, was among the few who had stayed in the cafeteria, though he had well finished his meal, and appeared to have no interest in conversing with the others at the table.

Logan left a short time later, stopping at the teachers table to confirm Marie's appointment time the following day with Jean, before he headed outside for some air. As he suspected the blonde kid appeared a short time later, as if he had been trying to follow him. Logan sat silently in the shadows, watching the kid look around but completely miss him, just as the kid looked like he had given up and turned back toward the mansion, Logan spoke.

"What do you want kid?" He snorted in amusement when the kid jumped in fright and looked around him again, trying to spot where the voice had come from. Logan took pity on him and struck a match to light the cigar stub he found in the pocket of his jacket. He briefly wondered if that action might be more ominous to the kid but figured he really didn't care, if the kid was going to try and ‘be a man’, he would treat him like one.

"You should stay away from Rogue," the kid said a moment later, his voice high, and on the verge of breaking, as an edge of fear emanated from him.

"Is that what *Rogue* said?" Logan asked. He had to give the kid props, he was an idiot, but he was an idiot with balls, he reassessed that a minute later to assume the kid was really just stupid when he answered.

"It doesn't matter, you're too old for her, she needs someone who can take care of her, not knock her up then dump her until its convenient, or he wants another go around, she's made friends here, she doesn't need you anymore," Bobby said, as a sheen of perspiration froze on his brow.

"Just so were clear, kid, I never 'dumped' her, she's here to finish school, it just so happens I've been away taking care of her, repairing our home so when she's done here she has a house to come home to, she's made quite a few friends, they all look real happy in there having fun," he gestured toward the window of the packed rec room before continuing, "I hope they keep in touch once they're all done with school and go off into the world to live their lives. As for the rest, I'll believe Marie doesn't need me the day she tells me that to my face, I'll let you in on a little secret, that's probably never going to happen, so suck it up cupcake and move on, you don’t stand a chance with her, never have, because she's known who and what has been waiting for her, and she chose to wait for me." With his piece said Logan glared pointedly at the kid until he got the message he was beat.

It took him several minutes, and a few glances at Marie, laughing and joking with the rest of the teens as she gathered up another round of winnings from her game, before the boys shoulders sagged in defeat. Bobby threw a parting shot before he stormed off, chucking out a forgettable threat of what he would do to Logan when he hurt Rogue, and a hope that she would wise up and leave him before that happened.

Logan sat back, watching as the kid walked away, trying to plot a believable 'accident' that could befall the little shit on a camping trip, before he realised that really was just a little too petty for him. He would be the bigger man, he got the girl after all, he thought with a grin, and went back to his smoke.

He wasn't sure how much time had passed, before Marie herself wandered out onto the patio. Quickly, Logan stubbed out his cigar and tried to clear the air before she got too near him.

"Stop it Logan, were outside, its fine," she told him, as she sat down on the bench seat next to him, and rested her head on his shoulder. "Was Bobby out here before?" she asked, sounding worried.

"Yep, we had words but I think he's got the hint now, mostly, if he bothers you let me know and I'll sort him out for you," Logan told her, with a conspiratorial wink.

"My hero," Marie deadpanned. "I don’t need you to fight my battles for me Logan, I can deal with him myself," she added.

"I know you *can* darlin but you don’t *have* to, we're in this together, that means we back each other up when it’s needed, and the last thing I want right now is you getting worked up or stressed, need to keep you happy, for juniors sake at the very least," Logan reminded her, wrapping his arm around her to ward off the chill of the spring night.

Marie smiled contentedly as she sat, warm and happy, in Logan's embrace. She had missed him more than she had ever thought it was possible to miss someone in the almost five months they had been apart. Now that he was back it was like a piece of her had been returned, she wondered if he felt the same; the him inside her head claimed he definitely did.

After a time, Logan nudged her back gently, he pressed a kiss to her temple as he stood up and helped her to her feet. They stopped in the kitchen on their way inside, where Logan insisted, she get some snacks to take to bed with her 'just in case', before continuing up to bed.

As they entered the teachers wing, where Marie's room was located, Logan could hear Scott and Jean conversing in their room a few doors down. He couldn't make out what they were saying but it didn't involve shouting, and didn't sound tense or angry, so chances are it wasn't about them, which made him feel a bit better. The last thing he wanted was the guy becoming so fixated on him that it adversely affected Marie, or her schooling.

Marie yawned tiredly as Logan hugged her tightly from behind, before slowly undressing her. He couldn't be bothered digging out one of her nighties so he pulled off his own shirt and slid it on her, buttoning it slowly and copping a feel of her full breasts and pert ass as he did so, before gently carrying her to the bed and laying her down. He flicked the lights off and then stripped himself before joining her in bed, she was barely awake but still turned to cuddle up to him before they both succumbed to sleep.