Jean was waiting for them when they finally got down to the med lab, a few minutes late for their ten am appointment. She was perusing a medical file, looking confused, when they entered.

"Morning Jeannie," Logan called across the room, startling her.

"You two are as bad as each other with the sneaking up on people you know," she answered, after jumping at the sudden noise.

"Is everything alright?" Logan asked, nodding to the folder in her hands that had Marie's name on it.

"I was just wondering how I managed to miss a pregnancy, when we have girls come in who have been on the road for a while hCG is one of the standard tests I run, that's a pregnancy hormone blood test, all I can assume is that Rogue was so newly pregnant that the hormones hadn't had time to build up when the test was done, that should make estimating the due date easier at least," Jean told them.

"We were actually talking about that last night, well, this morning," Marie said, "Near as we can figure I must have got pregnant about the twenty first of November so I should be due around the fourteenth of August."

"Based on my initial overview I would have to concur; shall we take a look at baby and see if he or she agrees?" Jean smiled, as she indicated for Marie to lie down on the bed she had set up next to an ultrasound machine.

Marie was suddenly nervous, as she arranged herself in a relatively comfortable position. Jean adjusted the bed a couple of times so she wasn't lying so flat on her back, before instructing her what articles of clothing needed to be moved or removed for her to get enough access. As Jean dropped some cold gel on her bare stomach she felt her nerves jump up again, Logan must have sensed it because he suddenly had her hand in his, before his other hand reached out and brushed a lock of hair out of her face.

"You okay?" he asked, clearly nervous himself. Marie just smiled brightly and nodded.

Jean turned the ultrasound screen on before bringing the little handheld probe to her stomach, after a few moments a grainy image appeared on the screen. Jean followed an odd shaped bump until a tiny little humanoid shape appeared on the screen, all head and arms and legs. "Congratulations mom and dad, meet your baby," Jean said, as she began the process of getting the computer to measure the baby as she did a visual check for the necessary parts.

"Are we finding out the sex?" she asked the happy couple, as they both gazed adoringly at the screen. Marie nodded mutely in response.

As she shifted the probe, to get a better angle to see the parts she needed to, Jean caught an odd shape off to one side, she frowned as she moved the probe further, before her eyes widened in surprise.

"Well, it seems like you are just full of surprises young lady," Jean commented to Marie. "Congratulations mom and dad... on baby number two," she said, as a second baby shape was revealed.

Logan and Marie sat in open mouthed shock as they stared at the image on the screen, while Jean repeated the process of measuring the second baby.

After a few minutes she spoke again, "And there you have two happy, healthy, baby boys. So, because it's twins while your due date we'll set at August fourteenth, you'll more than likely deliver early, thirty-five to thirty-eight weeks is normal for twins, so that would put your expected delivery date somewhere between the tenth to the thirty-first of July."

"You did say you wanted baby born a little earlier before term started," Logan grinned at her, pride and love, and a lot of amusement, shining bright in his eyes.

Marie was still in shock. "Twins?" she repeated. "Two babies?" she clarified, earning a laugh from both Logan and Jean.

"Yes Rogue, two babies, two little boys, two bundles of joy," Jean confirmed, as she continued the scan to check on placentas, and make sure there wasn't a third lurking somewhere.

"Are they identical?" Marie asked, as her shock began to wear off and excitement began to grow.

"No, they are fraternal," Jean confirmed, as she located the second placenta, "That means you released two separate ovum, eggs, and both were fertilized, both babies look to be at the same developmental age so it probably happened just a couple of days apart," she advised.

"So it's your fault," Logan chuckled, with a wink.

"Oh well, I guess we don’t have to worry about 'practicing' for number two now," Marie replied, trying to sound unamused. Logan laughed at her implied threat, and reminded her it was she who would be more upset about that, causing Marie to blush as Jean joined in his laughter.

As Jean finished up the ultrasound, printed off baby pictures for the parents, and other images she needed for the file, she ran over the basics of pregnancy need-to-knows. She covered diet and portion sizes, congratulated Rogue on apparently gliding right through what was usually the worst of the morning sickness stage, cravings and how to avoid the more generally unhealthy ones by substituting the craved for food for something a little healthier, and assured Logan that sex during pregnancy was totally fine so long as Marie was comfortable.

They were setting a date for a later check-up as they exited the elevator at the ground floor, only to walk straight into a group of people apparently waiting for them.

"Well, what is it!?" Jubilee demanded before anyone else could speak.

Marie and Logan smiled at each other before Marie replied, "It's a boy--" Kitty squealed and hugged Rogue before she realised she hadn't finished- "... and another boy," Marie added with a broad grin.

Jubilee and Kitty were squealing and hugging Marie in typical teenage girl fashion while the other adults looked surprised. Logan just shrugged and looked smug, as he waited for the excitement to die down.

"Twins! Oh my God that's so cool!" Jubilee was saying, as a larger crowd of students began to gather, attracted by the commotion in the hall.

Several of the other students offered congratulations, and the grainy black and white photos of the tiny boys were handed around for people to gawk at. Eventually the photos made their way back to Logan, when Jubilee and Kitty finally dragged Marie off towards the kitchen to celebrate with food. Kitty was going on about baby showers, and nursery themes, and something called a 'poo bear'. Logan just watched them go in amusement, he would catch up with them later once the excitement died down a bit, and make sure Marie had some decent food.

"Well, I take it that was a surprise," Scott commented, once the crowd had disbursed and it was just the two of them.

"That's one way of putting it," Logan agreed, "Marie's been full of those lately, literally."

Both men chuckled before Scott continued, "Look I- I want to apologize for my behaviour yesterday, I was out of line and I'm sorry, I shouldn't have accused you of... those things, I guess we've gotten a little attached to Rogue in the time she's been here, we just want what's best for her, and it took me a while to accept that that might not be us so much as it is you, what do you say we call a truce?" he asked, offering a hand to Logan.

Logan took his hand before replying, "I don't have a problem with you, and I don't want you to have a problem with me but more importantly, I don’t want any sort of disagreement between us to affect Marie, so if you do have a problem with me, take it up with me, in private, you leave her out of it, if we can do that then we're all good," he answered honestly.

Scott nodded. "Agreed. Congratulations, and good luck, you're going to need it," he added, indicating the photos Logan still held.

"It's going to be one hell of a learning curve," Logan admitted, taking another look at his son's in the grainy pictures, "But we're in this together so it'll work out." And he couldn’t wait for the new challenge.