The men eventually wandered off companionably, following the path the women had taken earlier to the kitchen. Coffee, chocolate, and ice cream were at various stages of consumption leading Logan to grouse to Jean, "I thought you said she should be eating healthy and now you’re letting her eat this junk!"

"Oh lighten up Logan a little bit of ice cream isn't going to hurt anyone," Ororo commented with a laugh.

"In my medical opinion, I must concur," Jean added, "It's got fat and protein, the main building blocks of life, if it wasn't for the sugar it would be perfect."

"But sugar is energy," Kitty added, "And growing one baby takes a lot of energy, imagine how much energy it takes growing two."

"Clearly I'm outnumbered," Logan replied with a chuckle, as he set about fixing some real food.

The conversation in the kitchen continued, apparently the girls had already set a date for the baby shower and they were animatedly discussing all the things a baby would need, from cribs to booties. Kitty had her phone out and was oohing and aahing and squealing over what Jubilee termed 'epic cuteness', that she would then show to the other females, who would have much the same reaction. When Jubilee again mentioned using 'poo bears’ to decorate the nursery Logan just had to ask.

"What on earth is a 'poo bear'?"

Marie laughed and informed him that 'Winnie the Pooh' was a character in children’s books and movies, and commonly printed on children's clothes and nursery items. "Jubilee just likes him because he's yellow," she added, as she showed him a picture of a fat yellow bear, in a red shirt, lugging around a pot of 'HUNNY'.

"No," Logan replied, after observing the image, "No pooh bear's, real bears I'll agree to, in shades of black and brown, maybe white, but not yellow, and not wearing clothes."

Marie laughed again and said she had to agree. "We're going to be living in Canada so I'd rather instil a healthy fear and respect of bears than encourage my boys to think they are friendly and to try and pet them," she pointed out. Grudgingly the girls had to agree with her logic.

Logan on the other hand turned his mind to home, he would need to redecorate the cabin when they got back, some bedrooms at least. Which rooms would it be best to put the boys in? Would they want their own rooms or would they prefer to share? Was it too soon to be thinking about stuff like that? He was so lost in thought that Marie had to throw a balled-up paper towel at him before he realised she was talking to him again. She just smiled before repeating her question about how long they would be staying at the school.

"Don’t know, depends on you darlin and how long it takes you to finish with the book learning," he replied with a shrug.

"Well, I should graduate around Christmas, would we be able to get to the cabin, at that time of year? All going to plan of course," she added.

"No," Logan replied resolutely. They probably would be able to get through, eventually, around snowploughs and the like but he didn't want to travel the icy roads with babies if he didn't have to. "We'd be better to wait for spring before trying to get that far North. All going to plan we would probably head up that way around April, we could leave sooner than that though, depending on what sights you want to see along the way, roads will be clearer further south earlier."

"I can't believe you are going to graduate almost a full year ahead of us," Jubilee interrupted to complain, "It's not fair!"

"It's perfectly fair Jubilee," Scott replied indignantly, "If you dedicated yourself to your studies like Rogue does you could graduate early too."

"I think that's just teacher speak for 'I suck at being a teacher so I'm going to blame you'," Jubilee replied, sticking her tongue out at Scott.

"Jubes, you remember that English assignment that's due tomorrow?" Kitty replied pointedly, "Have you even started yet?" she asked.

Jubilee was quiet for a minute. "Has Rogue?" she countered.

"Rogue handed hers in last week, she's been working on an extra credit project this week," Ororo replied, helping Kitty make her point.

"Damn," was all Jubilee replied.

Marie had finished her ice cream and was halfway through the roast beef sandwich Logan had made her when she had the sudden urge to urgently pee, she excused herself quickly and hurried out of the room. Logan looking after her curiously and a little concerned, he turned to Jean questioningly as the nearest bathroom door slammed shut a moment later. Jean laughed and informed him that as the babies got bigger, they would put more pressure on internal organs, like the bladder, especially when they moved or kicked suddenly, so he should get used to that.

"As cute as babies are," Kitty interjected innocently, "I'm glad I'm not having one, it’s going to be good to not have to go through that, and be able to give the baby back to its parents when it screams or messes itself."

"Oh yeah" Jubilee piped up with a grin, "No stretch marks, no labour, no crying and screaming until all hours of the night, no poop explosions, or pee fountains, no puke all over everything, no--"

"If you two are trying to 'scare me' or something you can quit now, it won't work," Logan interrupted them and their cheeky grins, "I've been there done all that, it doesn't bother me."

"You've had a baby before?" Kitty asked surprised, "Does Rogue know?"

Logan shook his head. "No, no other kids, that I know of, but I've looked after a very sick person before, a lot bigger than a baby, so I know what to expect. At least with babies they grow up and grow out of it," he added.

"That must have been a really sick person?" Jubilee said, the question in her statement clear.

"Very, terminal," Logan said, "But it was worth it then and it'll be worth it now. Just don't try that shit on Marie okay, this is all new for her and she doesn't need you making her doubt herself, even if you are just joking around." The two girls nodded, obviously Logan wasn't going to give them any more information, they would have to try and get some more details from Rogue later on.

Marie came back a couple of minutes later, and made a joke about babies using her bladder as a trampoline, before she polished off the rest of her lunch amid the comfortable conversation. Finally everyone finished and wandered off to finish their day. Jubilee tried to convince Kitty and Rogue to watch a movie with her but Ororo helpfully reminded her of her unstarted essay, informing her there would be no extensions this week.

Marie wanted to take a walk after lunch, so she and Logan headed outside. She had gotten to know the forest trails surrounding the school pretty well over the last several months, so Logan got her to show him around to the least used areas of the wood, to see if he could find a camping spot for the survival class Xavier wanted him to do. They stayed out in the wood until the sun began to dip below the horizon, when Logan led them back to the school. They had missed the communal dinner so took over the kitchen to cook themselves dinner, and dessert, and midnight snacks. Marie was glad their suite was going to have its own small kitchen, so she would be able to keep cooking her own meals. Logan caught Marie adding mayo to her mashed potato and looked at her funny, she swore it was a legitimate recipe, then when he wasn't looking, she added pickles and sweet chilli sauce too. If he noticed, he didn't say anything.

Later that night, as they were getting ready for bed Logan snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her shoulder before he rested his chin there. "Spring break starts next week, right?" he asked.

"Technically the week after, though I suppose one could argue it starts after class on Friday, why do you ask?" she replied, pausing in her dressing for bed to hug the arms that wrapped around her waist.

"You doing anything that week?" he queried, as his hands began to wander over her belly.

"No, you?" she returned.

"I was thinking of taking my girl away for the week, there's this place called Parrsboro, about twelve hours northeast of here, near the beach, though it's not really a swimming beach. You think she might like it?" Logan commented with a grin.

"I'm sure she'll love it if you're there with her," Marie replied with a returned smile, "When do we leave?"

"I'll have to make a call, sort the details. Can you get the Friday off classes? If we leave on Thursday night we can beat the traffic, you can sleep in the car overnight, that'll make the trip shorter for you, then we can come back the following Friday so you can have the weekend to rest before classes start again," he suggested.

"That sounds like a plan, I can talk to the Professor about getting the Friday off, it shouldn't be a problem, I'm ahead on classes anyway and can turn in any extra projects early," she agreed. "Even if he says no I'm happy to miss a day," she added, grinning at him over her shoulder. He placed a kiss on her lips when she did, before gently nudging her towards the bed.