Logan couldn't help the grin he was wearing; he had never imagined the feelings of joy and pride he felt now at seeing his children. His little mate had done such a fantastic job caring for, growing, and birthing two such perfect miniature humans.

After several minutes the tiny infants began to fuss, rubbing their tiny noses exploringly against their mothers flesh, seeking out the milk they could smell. Jean had told them both that it was normal for babies to be able to smell their mother’s milk, it wouldn't necessarily be a sign the boys had gotten Logan's mutation. Though Marie had admitted she hoped they did get his mutation, rather than hers, Logan wasn't convinced.

Given Marie's hands were full supporting the babies Logan reached out, and gently manoeuvred her breasts into the right position for each baby to suckle a nipple hungrily. He noted Marie's slightly pained expression they latched on, her nipples had been tender for the last week, but she endured the discomfort and beamed at her son's as they fed hungrily. While they were feeding, Logan turned the hot water back on into the tub, to warm the cooling water back up, he let some of the old water drain away, noting there wasn't as much blood residue as he had been expecting.

After about twenty minutes Logan watched Marie's hand move down, her fingers closing around the nearest umbilical cord still attaching her child to her body.

“Cord's not pulsing anymore, the placenta should be delivered soon, you want to cut them loose in the meantime, daddy?" she asked him softly.

Logan reached over for the ties Marie had bought for tying off the baby’s umbilical cords, personally he thought it was a little odd but she was the mama, and if he knew one thing it was that mamas know best when it comes to their babies. So, he humoured her, watched the videos she showed him on how to tie the cords off, and backed her up when she declined Jean's offer of the plastic medical clamps. He tied the cords off quickly before reaching for the scissors, he caught Marie's look at him, and then her quick glance down towards his hands before he realised what she wanted him to do. Putting the scissors back, he slid out little more than the tip of one sharp metal claw before moving the tough tissue of the umbilical cord into place for him to cut through it cleanly, he repeated the motion for the second cord before quickly sheathing the blade. Always the irrational fear of an accident followed him through the procedure, and he breathed a sigh of relief when he pulled it off without issue.

Just like that, their two little boys were completely independent.

A few minutes later Marie huffed an uncomfortable sigh as another small contraction rippled through her, she shifted trying to get in a more comfortable position, before spreading her legs and pushing herself off the floor of the tub as she pushed again, gently. A dark mass of tissue appeared a moment later. Logan gathered it up, drying it off and placing it into the dish Jean had given them, she had claimed to need to check the placenta to make sure it came out intact so Marie didn't get an infection. A few minutes later the second placenta was delivered and set aside in a like manner.

Marie was relaxing in the warm water of the tub, her eyes alternating between gazing adoringly into the faces of her sons, and drifting closed to doze in her exhausted euphoria. "Come on darlin, let's get these little guys dry and warm and get all three of you into bed," Logan announced, gently plucking baby number one out of her arms.

He weighed the first baby, then dressed him in a new-born size diaper, that looked about two sizes too big, a cotton body suit, socks, little soft cotton mittens, and an all in one outfit, before wrapping him up securely in the stretchy wrap, then popped the whole bundle inside a tiny sleeping bag, all of which Marie had set aside for this moment. Once baby one was secured, Logan went and lay him down in the bassinet in their bedroom, thankful for the hot water bottles he had thrown into the beds when he had come to collect Marie, that had warmed up the blankets.

He returned to the bathroom and repeated the process for baby number two, laying him down to sleep in the second bassinet, before he returned for Marie. Logan drained the bath around her before he helped her stand so she could shower quickly, he dried her off gently and helped her dress in the maternity nightie she had ready. He was concerned at how much she was still bleeding; he knew some blood was normal but wasn't sure how much, Marie didn't seem concerned though, commenting that it was just like a normal heavy period but she would see Jean later in the day to put his mind at ease.

As he helped Marie into bed she suddenly appeared to lose all interest in sleep. “Where are the baby books, did you write down what time they were born, and did you weigh them, and... you didn't mix them up did you?" she asked, suddenly sounding concerned.

With a chuckle Logan pulled out the little brown, leather bound books Marie had bought to keep track of all the baby milestones for each of the boys. He grabbed a pen and handed the books and the pen to Marie. “Baby one was born at six twenty-seven am and weighs five pound seven ounces, baby two was born at six thirty-three and weighs five pound ten."

He watched as Marie carefully wrote down the information, before closing each book and laying them down on the bedside table. "We need pictures of them and—” she started.

"Later Marie," Logan interrupted, as he gently laid her back down on the bed and pulled the covers up over her. “First you all need to sleep, you especially, so get those beautiful eyes closed, I'll wake you when they need their next feed, okay mama?"

Marie smiled up at him, amused but definitely exhausted, she looked for a moment like she might object but a wide yawn interrupted her. "Okay, you win," she replied, "But don’t let them sleep past nine, that's when they need their next feed."

"Yes ma'am," Logan replied in earnest, placing soft kisses on her forehead, eyes, nose, and finally lips. She was asleep before he had even finished, and he contented himself with watching her sleep for a time, listening to the gentle heartbeats and soft snuffles of the two sleeping babies in the bassinets behind him. Once he was satisfied all was well, he went back to clean up the bathroom.

He had cleaned the bath, emptied the sink, mopped up the spilled bath water, and was just putting away the unused towels when he heard footsteps and excited whispers approaching the door of the suite. With a silent leap he hurdled the couch, and swiftly pulled the door open before Kitty or Jubilee could knock on the door. He had his finger to his lips indicating for silence while his attention tuned back in on the bedroom, to be sure its occupants hadn't been disturbed.

Jubes looked like she was about to explode, and given her mutation that was quite possibly literal, Kitty looked ready to burst with excitement too, as they both waited on Logan to give them the all clear to speak.

"Quiet now, Marie's sleeping, Thing 1 and Thing 2 arrived this morning about six thirty..." Both girls let out muffled squeals of joy and hugged each other, before Jubilee ventured to hug Logan too. He returned her hug before responding to the girl’s query of whether they could see the babies with a shake of his head. "Not yet, they're all exhausted, but I'm under strict orders to wake them up at nine for feeding. Would you girls be able to do me a favour and cook up a decent size breakfast for Marie?"

"We sure can!" Kitty announced, "We'll be back at nine with food but we expect to see babies as payment," she declared. Logan laughed and agreed to her terms.

"You should get some sleep too Logan, you looked wiped," Jubilee added, as the girls headed back down the hall.

Logan considered her suggestion, he had been up most of the night so it was probably an accurate assessment of his look. Retrieving the extra towels from where he had dropped them on the coffee table, he returned them to the cupboard before heading back to the bedroom. He set an alarm on his phone, at the lowest volume setting, before sliding into bed with Marie to catch up on a half hour or so of sleep.