Logan woke the second the alarm started to sound on his phone, the digital tunes on the phone were irritating, even on the lowest volume setting. It seemed even Marie was affected by that too, she woke before he could shift to grab the phone and shut the alarm off.

"Morning mama," Logan commented, kissing her softly and lovingly, "How you feeling?"

"Fantastic," Marie replied, with a brilliant smile before she rolled off the bed, with much less difficulty than she had for a good three months.

She still had a bit of a baby belly but he knew that should go down fast enough, even quicker if she would let him give her a hit of his healing but he wouldn't mention that to her yet. He had suggested it earlier in the pregnancy, when she had been writing out her birthing plan. She had replied with a grin that that was cheating, and then promptly burst into tears and asked him if he thought the stretch marks made her ugly. The hormonal rollercoaster hadn't ended there, five minutes later she hsd been laughing about the exact same thing.

Marie stopped as she made her way across the room to gaze adoringly at the tiny swaddled babies in their tiny bassinets, she reached out a hand to touch one but then pulled it back suddenly.

"Everything okay?" Logan asked, when he noticed. Jean had told them that it wasn't uncommon for fathers to freak out about touching or holding babies, as they came to terms with how tiny and fragile they were, but Marie having that problem would not be good, particularly not when they were about to wake up hungry.

"I need to pee and I don't want to risk waking them yet," Marie replied, yet she made no move to tear her eyes away from them, let alone move out of the room toward the bathroom.

"They will be here when you're finished, hurry up, they'll be screaming for food soon enough," Logan commented, with a chuckle and another kiss, as he slowly walked her across the room.

Marie hurried for the bathroom calling out a moment later and asking him to bring her another disposable diaper, he was again concerned by how much she was still bleeding but she just rolled her eyes and called him a worrywart.

Back in the bedroom, a tiny little baby nose wrinkled in displeasure, followed by a high pitched but short-lived squall, as Logan gently picked up baby number one from his cost cocoon. "How we doing this?" he asked, as he unwrapped the baby, while Marie made herself comfortable on the bed.

"One at a time to start with," she confirmed, as she reached for baby, careful to support his head as she moved him into position.

Logan watched enthralled, as the tiny pink mouth eagerly searched out and latched onto his mother’s puckered nipple, and he began to suckle.

"Lucky fucker," he grunted, as he moved back over to the other bassinet as baby number two began to grizzle. Marie just laughed, and playfully admonished him for his language.

Logan carefully unwrapped the second baby from his multiple layers, before placing him gently against his bare chest. Baby briefly nosed around as if looking for milk but seemed to quickly realise this was not the correct locale. He began to fuss but Logan gently rocked him, and he settled into a light doze as Logan sat on the bed beside Marie, and watched her soak up her mama time bonding with baby. He buried his nose in the head of thick dark hair resting on his chest, imprinting the scent of his son while he did his own bonding.

After about fifteen minutes baby one had fed, and puked up what looked like most of his meal, and fed again, before they swapped babies, Marie beginning to feed baby two while Logan re-burped baby one. Logan was about to settle back down on the bed again when he heard voices in the hallway, instead moving through the suite to get the door for Jubilee and Kitty.

--

The girls had raced for the kitchen when Logan had asked them to make breakfast for Marie, they figured Logan would be starving too so they set about cooking up a feast for two. They had omelette, sausage, bacon, fried tomatoes, toast, pancakes, and fruit, loaded onto trays, and a thermos of coffee in tow as they began the trek back to the suite almost an hour later. They were almost back to Logan and Rogue's rooms, running on an excited buzz, when they bumped into Scott and Jean, who were on their way downstairs for a late breakfast.

"Did you leave any food for the rest of us?" Scott joked, when he spied the laden plates. "Wait, why are you up here?" he asked a moment later, suddenly realizing the girls were walking down the hallway of the teachers wing rather than in, or to, the kitchen or dining room.

"Logan asked us to fix breakfast for Rogue and bring it up at nine, we're a little late but that's because we figured Logan would be hungry too so it took us a bit longer," Kitty giggled animatedly.

"Why isn't Logan getting Rogue's breakfast?" Scott asked, confused, "Don't they normally make their own in their kitchen?"

The girls looked at each other, unsure of whether they should be telling anyone the couples big news, so Jubilee just replied, "They were both sleeping off a big night," cryptically, and continued down the hall. They reached the door they were aiming for, just as Scott and Jean, who had paused to share quizzical looks with each other, turned to follow them. Jubilee was trying to figure out how to open the door with her hands full, when the door swung open revealing Logan cradling a tiny, onesie clad, baby against his broad bare chest.

"Thanks girls," Logan commented, as he stepped back to let them enter, he noted the others in the hall, staring open mouthed, and gestured them in too.

Jubilee and Kitty were already in the bedroom, setting down the food on the dresser as they moved over to gingerly sit next to Marie on the bed and watch the tiny baby feeding in her arms. Jean followed Logan into the room, peppering him with questions about the when's, where's, and how's of the delivery and asking if babies had been weighed. She was shocked when she entered the bedroom to see a smiling, and surprisingly well rested looking Rogue, sitting in bed feeding a hungrily suckling baby.

"Marie wrote everything down, we got weights and times and all the rest, but if you could give Marie a once over when she's finished feeding it would put my mind at ease," Logan told her, handing her the baby books Marie had recorded all the necessary details in. "And the placentas are set aside like you asked, they looked fine though," he added, not that he really knew what a placenta was supposed to look like.

"Is something wrong Marie?" Jean asked, sounding concerned as she moved over toward the girl in question.

"No, it's just Logan worrying, I'm bleeding a bit and he's freaking out a little," she told Jean with a grin, as the older woman shook her head with an understanding smile.

"What would you say the flow rate is?" Jean queried; she would give the young woman a full examination later but if she could put Logan's mind at ease in the meantime that would help them both relax.

"Average period flow," Marie confirmed, as she gently shifted the infant in her arms, securely supporting his head as she gently patted his back. He spit up a little with a hiccup a few seconds later, which Rogue wiped up with the corner of a face cloth, before she shifted the baby back to her nipple when he began to fuss again.

Jean assured Logan that what Rogue was reporting was normal, and informed that the best thing for the three of them right now was rest. She suggested he bring Rogue and the babies to the med lab the following day, around midday or whatever worked in with the baby’s routine, for them all to be checked over at the same time. Rogue agreed, so Logan gave in, confirming they would get plenty of rest in the meantime. Before Jean and Scott left them to their morning, Jean reminded Jubilee and Kitty not to visit for too long.

Logan leaned against the dresser, picking over the breakfast that was still waiting, before the girls congratulated them both and left them in peace. Logan carried a plate of food to Marie's bedside table where she could reach it, before going back for his own. He placed the loaded plate down and finally resumed his position on the bed as Marie burped Thing 2 again, and he settled in to imprint and focus on bonding with Thing 1.

A concerned frown crossed his face briefly, though Marie missed it. He pushed the odd thought that crossed his mind aside, and focused his attention back on the baby falling asleep on his chest.

Once both babies were asleep Logan carefully swaddled each, and put them back to bed. Marie had turned her attention fully toward feeding herself now, and was devouring the food on her plate. Logan poured himself a coffee but found he wasn’t really hungry, so when Marie asked if he was 'going to eat that' he shook his head, and handed what was left of his plate to her. It took her several more minutes to notice Logan was unusually subdued.

"You okay daddy?" Marie asked, grinning at him as she set aside the second empty plate.

"Fantastic," Logan replied, mimicking her response to his similar question earlier.

"You're awful quiet for someone who's so fantastic," she answered, "Baby got your tongue?"

"Just tired I guess," Logan replied, lifting his arm as she cuddled up to him so he could hug her to him.

"Where you awake the whole time I was in labour last night?" she asked incredulously.

"Most of it, it was pretty amazing to watch to be honest, the way your body just got on and did what needed doing, and then like magic out popped a perfect little human, then two. You are amazing darlin," Logan told her, again, that seemed to be a fact he liked reminding her of regularly.

"I couldn't have done it without you," she told him, resting her head on his shoulder content to rest with him. As she began to drift off to sleep again, she felt Logan move them both so they were lying down in bed, he pulled her close to him so they were both lying facing each other, foreheads resting together. It was the first time they had been able to do that in a long time, and Marie was annoyed she couldn't stay awake longer to enjoy it before sleep claimed her fully.