Logan watched Marie sleep, as he thought over what his senses were trying to tell him about the babies. He fell asleep a short time after trying to push his worries aside. Two hours later though, he started awake as a horrifying thought settled in his mind.
Marie was still sleeping peacefully, as were the tiny boys. Logan left Marie sleeping and moved over to watch the babies, he bobbed down between the bassinets, resting his chin on the side of first one and then the other, watching and again scenting each child. It didn't help to reassure him, and he moved out of the bedroom leaving the three to sleep undisturbed, while he sat on the couch to think. Disturbingly he could only come to one possible conclusion, and it scared the shit out of him.

He moved to the kitchen and picked up the phone, dialling the internal line for the med lab. There was no answer, and no answer when he tried Jean's room directly, so he dialled the kitchen, there was always someone in there, hopefully one of the kids would pick up.

"Xavier's School how may I help you?" a girl answered a few seconds later.

"Hey, it's Logan, can you find Je- Dr Grey and ask her to call me?" he asked the girl.

"Sure Mr Logan, she’s in the Rec Room, I'll get her to call you back a-sap," the girl replied, and they both hung up.

Less than a minute later the phone rang, Logan grabbed it partway through the first ring, hoping that was quick enough not to disturbed Marie in the next room.

"Logan, is everything all right?" Jean asked immediately, sounding concerned.

"Everyone's fine, they're all sleeping, it's... something else," he started, not sure how to go about raising his worries.

"Do you need something?" Jean asked, now confused.

"Jeannie... when we rescued Marie, after the statue, you did a physical exam right... Did that include checking for rape?" he asked plainly.

Jean paused, shocked. "N-no... there wouldn't have been any point anyway, when you healed her you fixed everything, there would have been no physical signs of sexual assault ... Why are you asking Logan?"

"I think I might know what Marie's nightmares have been about... are you able to do DNA tests?" Logan queried. Jean still sounded shell shocked but confirmed she had the necessary equipment.

They quickly sorted details for carrying out the tests and Jean told him she would stop by shortly to gather the samples she would need from the babies. She arrived about ten minutes later, and a now awake Marie got the door for her as she finished up in the bathroom.

"Hey Jean, is everything alright, I didn't expect to see you again today?" Marie said, as she walked into the suite.

Jean spied Logan as he came out of the bedroom with one little boy in his arms, he shook his head at her briefly, which she took to mean he hadn't told Marie what was happening. "I have a few tests to run, I figured I could get the samples now, while you're all awake so the results are ready for our appointment tomorrow," she told Marie reassuringly, "I just need to take a couple of swabs but I need to take them before the little guys eat, is now good?"

"Yeah, they haven't started eating yet but if you don’t hurry..." Marie smiled as the baby Logan was holding stretched and yawned sleepily, his tiny little arms reaching out before pulling back to his face so he could suck on his tiny little fist.

Jean took buccal swabs from baby one, which set him off wailing, which in turn woke baby two. Marie settled in to feed the first little one, while Logan settled the second so Jean could take a swab from him too, marking which was which carefully.

Logan shushed the second baby as he showed Jean out. "How long until the results are ready?" he asked quietly, once they were out of Marie's earshot.

"I already have your and Rogue's DNA profiles on record so that will speed the process up, hopefully by tonight I'll have something for you. When are you planning on mentioning this to Rogue?" she returned, worried about how Rogue might react both to them working on this behind her back, and to the possibility of their fears being fact.

Logan shook his head. "Only if the results show... something, there’s no reason to bring it up otherwise, if I'm wrong... I hope I'm wrong," he admitted, pain and worry clear on his face for a split second before he masked the emotions again.

"So do I," Jean replied, "But what are you going to do if you're right?"

Logan looked down at the baby lying on his chest, the pained look crossing his face again briefly. "Support Marie as best I can, I don't know what more I could do above that, I'm not giving up on any of them, it makes no difference to me either way, he's mine, no matter what," Logan stated.

Jean smiled, petting the baby’s head before hugging Logan. "I'll let you know as soon as the results are in," she said, leaving him to get back to Marie.

When Logan got back to the bedroom, Marie was holding baby in her arms smiling down at him as she talked to him softly, he stretched and cooed quietly in return.

"He's trying to smile," Marie insisted, as Logan sat back next to her.

"Sorry darlin, that is definitely gas, why don’t we swap and I'll go change that diaper," he offered. Marie giggled and agreed gladly, as they traded the tiny dark-haired boys.

Logan was back about ten minutes later, with a clean smelling baby. "That's going to take some practice," he commented, as he lay down on the bed with baby lying on his chest as the boy slowly fell asleep.

Once both boys were fed and changed Logan fixed them both lunch before mom and dad passed the next sleep time lying in bed cuddling their sleeping babies.

"We really have to finally decide on names," Logan said suddenly, "Nicknames are cute but they're going to look weird on birth certificates, and we can't just keep calling them 'baby'."

Marie pulled out her notebook and her phone, flicking the notebook open to her pages of baby names. She had been writing names down as she thought of them throughout the pregnancy, some of them were already crossed out when she had either changed her mind about them, or Logan had rejected them outright. They hadn't yet really had a serious discussion about names, when they had tried it had always devolved into them trying to come up with, and then laugh at, the most horrendous names they could think of. She ran through the list of names for Logan to give an initial yes or no, several more names were crossed off, before she opened up a baby names website and started looking up what the names meant. She crossed off several more names when the meanings were just a little too odd.

"I like Aidan," she said, looking over her list again, "It means Fiery, after the Celtic God of the Sun... what do you think?" she asked, running a finger across baby one's cheek, to bop his nose as he slept.

"Aidan, I like it, he's likely to be a little hot head too," Logan replied with a grin.

"Hmm, maybe not then, wouldn't want to foreshadow anything," she joked, "But no seriously, baby one is named Aidan, what about a middle name?" she continued. It was Logan's turn to laugh as he suggested they give them each a first name before worrying about middle names.

After a few more suggestions Marie laughed and suggested that since Logan was named after a mountain, they should call baby two McKinley, after another mountain. "First off, I am not named after a mountain, and second, no way are we naming our kid after a mountain," Logan replied, trying to sound annoyed.

"Aw, oh it's okay, it means 'fair haired', I guess that won't work anyway... what about Kieran?" Logan shook his head. "Oh this one's perfect, Hogan," Logan pulled a face, "But it means 'descendant of the warrior'," she added with a giggle.

"No, come on, be serious, poor kid is going to be talking before he knows what to call himself," Logan replied, trying not to succumb to her mirth.

"Alright then, serious... Liam, it means warrior and protector, I like that, you?" she asked.

"What about William?" Logan returned.

Marie scrunched up her nose in distaste. "No, that always gets shortened to Will, or Willy," she laughed, when Logan reacted negatively to the possible nickname.

"Alright, you convinced me, Liam it is," Logan said, as Marie lay her head down beside the sleeping boys and hugged them both to her.

"We can settle middle names later,” she added with a yawn as she cuddled her babies, "What's the time?" Logan confirmed the time was two forty-five, so Marie decided to get a snack rather than take another nap before the next feed was due at three.

This time around she attempted to tandem breastfeed the twins for the first time, it took some juggling, a few laughs, and Logan helping her get everything in the right place, before both boys were happily suckling away. She settled back cross legged, against a pile of pillows as she cradled both boys, helping to prop them up with a pillow on each knee under each arm. With a calm happy smile on her face, it occurred to her that she had been grinning like an idiot every waking minute the whole day. A moment later a muted shutter alerted her to Logan sitting across from her with his phone out, he snapped another shot of her as she looked up at him.

"What do you think you're doing with that?" she asked.

"We haven't told Helen and Peter yet, so I'm just going to send them a picture, you like this one?" he asked, as he held the phone out to her, showing her the first photo he took. She aww'd and approved the photo, asking him to save it so she could get it printed later for the baby book.

Minutes after Logan had sent the photo they got a return message congratulating them both on the safe arrival, and asking for more photos, and when they would be taking visitors. Logan promised them more photos soon and invited them down whenever they could get there, before joining Marie on the bed as he sat cross legged in front of her, resting his head against her shoulder, so he could watch the two boys from the same angle as Marie as they fed. Marie moved forward to place a kiss on Logan's shoulder, before resting her head against his, it was as close as she could get to an embrace with her arms full of baby, and she wanted nothing more than to hug the daylights out of him right now.