Mystique ran over the plan again. Their three previous attempts to break Magneto out of prison had all failed. In a last ditch attempt they had come up with a plan to force Xavier to intercede on their behalf.

It was a simple plan in all reality, just kidnap some of Xavier's little brats, and demand Magneto's release as ransom for their safe return.

If it wasn't for the multiple recent upgrades to the school's security system it would have been a simple case to lead kids directly off the grounds, like she had done with that Rogue brat who had caused this whole problem in the first place. As it was though, they needed to wait for some of the kids to leave the mansion grounds. Despite Christmas having only recently passed, none of the kids had left the school grounds unaccompanied by adult X-Men. Until today.

They had gotten word from their lookouts of three girls in a black pick up leaving the school. Unfortunately, the lookouts hadn't managed to get the license plate, and had lost the pick-up quite quickly. Mystique had gone through the mansions database herself, planning to use Xavier's own tracking system to find the vehicle, however, there wasn't a single pick-up truck owned by the school, according to the database.

She had sent Sabretooth out to track the vehicle immediately, with instruction to the lookouts for them to return to their post and alert them if the pick-up returned. If it was only a short trip it was possible they would return before they could be located. Four hours later, the lookouts reported back to her that the pick-up had returned, at speed, with all three girls on board.

Mystique was fuming, four hours should have been plenty of time for Creed to find them, there weren't that many malls they could have been at. So how the hell had they got away, and why the hell was Creed still not back, three hours after the girls had returned. She was just typing out another furious text, demanding to know where he was, when she heard him stomp in the backdoor.

"Where the hell have you been and what the hell happened?" she demanded, as she stormed out of her office and into the kitchen. He sat heavily at the table, taking a healthy swig from the mostly empty bottle of whiskey he had in his hand.

"I found them," he grunted.

"Yet they returned to the mansion three hours ago, seemingly unscathed," she replied darkly.

"It was the girl, the girl from the machine..." he started, an odd conflicted look crossing his face.

"Oh great, she would have made an excellent hostage, she got us into this mess she could get us out, least the little bitch could do," Mystique sneered. "So why the fuck isn't she here?"

"They had two babies with them," Creed added.

"So? You've dealt with kids before haven't you, you didn't seriously let them go because of that did you?" Mystique scoffed at the thought of the deadly Sabretooth feeling sorry for a mewling infant enough to skip a job.

"I didn't let them go, I only found them as they were leaving, they got in the truck and took off before I could get to them, I... I got distracted," he admitted, "It was long enough for the Asian girl to gun it out of the lot."

"You got distracted? By what, by babies?" Mystique asked in disbelief. Sabretooth nodded, a brooding look on his face as he glared at the booze in his hand. It suddenly occurred to her to wonder just how much he had had to drink, he usually wasn't this talkative. "So, what did babies do to distract you exactly?" she queried, maybe there was something here they could use.

"They ... they're twins, they're the machine girls--"he started.

"Her name is Rogue," Mystique snapped, annoyed, did this guy pay any attention to the files she briefed him on.

"They're Rogue's," he growled back, glaring at her, "But only one of them is the runts."

"... How do you know that?" she returned, interest piqued.

"They smell different, one scents like a mixture of him and her, the other one scents of her and..." he trailed off.

"Oh god, you didn't!" Mystique exclaimed, catching on to where he was going, "You fucked her without a fucking condom!"

"Of course I used a fucking rubber, her skin sucks life out remember, not going to die for one barely average, borderline necrophilic fuck... One broke, I didn't think much of it, she was supposed to be dead that night after all, and if it meant my scent was on her when the runt found the body all the better, then they rescued her and I didn't think any more of it," he shrugged, and took another swig.

"Does she remember what happened?" Mystique asked, pondering how she could use this information to their advantage.

"I don’t know, maybe, actually, after her reaction today, probably.” When Mystique looked at him, as if asking him to elaborate, he added, "She froze up when she saw me, her friend bundled her into the truck while the other drove."

"So... Xavier is holding the child of one of our members at his mansion... We can use this," she plotted after a several moments of silence. "Mount an assault on the mansion, 'rescue' the child, ransom it back in exchange for Magento, it’s probably the highest value target in the whole building from that perspective... of course, you'll need to stay on the front line to keep an escape route clear with the others, I can get inside to find where they keep the baby-" she broke into an evil grin- "But I'm not going to know which is which, so I guess I'm just going to have to take both! It's excellent! With a traumatized mother, and a furious Wolverine, both willing to do whatever it takes to get their child back Xavier will have no option but to relent, and quickly, better yet, if we then move the babies into hiding, Wolverine will likely tear the X-Men apart. Even if we only achieve one or other of the objectives it will be perfect, I'll begin planning the assault now, we'll need to move quickly..." She turned and rushed out of the room before she was even finished speaking, leaving Creed at the table, scowling into his drink.

He didn't like this. It hadn't been his intention to impregnate the girl but it didn't change the fact that it was his child Mystique was proposing to use as bait for her plan. A long dormant protective instinct, that had begun brewing when he had scented out the infants, whispered in the back of his mind that the kid was better off with the girl, and his runt of a brother, than anywhere near Mystique.

--

The next morning dawned bright and sunny, far too cheerful a day for Marie to sit around moping about her run in with Sabretooth. If one could even call it that. She was up early making breakfast when Logan appeared out of the nursery with a baby in each arm.

"Come on mama, the midget's get priority, I'll finish that up," he said, kissing her good morning as she felt one baby reaching to pull on the fabric of her shirt while the other began sucking on a fistful of her hair. It had grown long enough to reach almost to her waist even when in a ponytail, and both boys loved nothing more than to tug on it or goober it all up.

Extracting herself with a bright smile, she gladly accepted each infant and carried them over to the couch. It took some rearranging but she eventually had both boobs out and a hungry mouth attached to each one, and with a surprisingly minimal amount of fussing.

Once the boys had eaten, Marie placed them on their mats to play for a while, so she and Logan could eat.

"I've got to meet with the Professor this morning," Logan told her casually, he didn't need to say it was about their run in with Sabretooth. "You going to be alright holding down the fort with the Thing's?" he asked, clearly uncertain about leaving her alone so soon after her fright.

"We'll be fine,” she replied cheerily. "And how about we go for a picnic for lunch, seeing as how it's such a nice day?" she suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea, do you need me to grab anything food wise or do already have a plan?" he queried with a grin.

"Oh I have a plan, however my plan will require a basket so if you could find one of those and bring it back with you that would be great, I think there’s one in the kitchen supply closet, up high somewhere if I’m remembering right," she replied, as she placed her empty plate on the coffee table, before lying down across the couch and Logan's lap.

He gently ran his fingers through her hair as they enjoyed each other’s company, and watched their boys roll around and try to crawl, between bouts of trying to maul their various toys to death. The boys made clear they were tired again not long after, with synchronous yawns that set Marie off too.

Logan chuckled. "Let's put the midgets down for a nap, and then their mama too."