The rest of the day passed in a nervous haze for Marie. They didn't end up going for their picnic lunch, the gazebo Marie had planned on utilising had been damaged in the fight, unusable even if she could get over the possibility of Sabretooth still being nearby. She eventually agreed to let the boys out of her arms, to be put to sleep in their cribs, but nothing Logan could say could convince her to leave the room, and so she spent the afternoon dozing and reading in the rocking chair.

After the boys nine pm feed Logan changed their diapers, while Marie dressed them for bed. He finally managed to convince her they would be fine in the next room, and carried her off to bed once the boys were down.

She slept fitfully. For the first several hours she kept trying to get up every ten to twenty minutes to check on them but Logan wouldn't let her up, wrapping his arms around her tightly and assuring her they were sleeping peacefully. When she eventually fell asleep, her dreams were plagued with nightmares. She had seen enough of Mystique's plan to know that even had she achieved her main goal, of bargaining Magneto's release, she had had no intention of returning the boys. That thought chilled her to the bone, and she resolved to talk to the Professor the next morning to find out what he planned to do with Mystique.

She felt like she had only just fallen asleep, in the wee hours of the morning, when Logan launched himself out of bed suddenly, and flew out of the room. Marie hurriedly ran after him, ignoring the fact she was clad in only a t-shirt and panties. She skidded to a stop in the nursery doorway, and clapped a hand over her mouth to stop the scream that tried to burst out.

Standing over Liam's crib was Sabretooth. The window frame, where a motion sensor was located, to warn if the window was opened, was mangled beyond recognition but it didn't matter. Logan had heard the squeak of the window opening, and been in the room before he had managed to get all the way across the room.

"Get away from him," Logan growled menacingly.

Sabretooth held up his hands placatingly, as he continued to watch the baby sleep. "Just making sure 'Stique didn't get him," he told the pair, as he finally stepped away from the crib.

Marie waited until he was just over arm’s length away from the crib before she darted around Logan, and snatched Liam from his crib. She picked up Aidan too, and retreated again to the doorway with two grumpy, half awake infants fussing in her arms, not at all impressed with their impromptu waking.

"I never meant for this to happen..." Sabretooth started a moment later, motioning towards the baby.

"Oh really," Marie replied sarcastically, "You mean you don't go around raping girls for fun hoping to knock one up eventually, maybe there is a part of you that's a normal person, oh no, wait, that's right, you're just a sick fuck with an attitude problem, who thinks it's fun to screw with people, I know why you did it and I will never forgive you, my baby will be nothing like you, you're not welcome in his life, this will be the last time you ever see him so don't bother coming back," she stated angrily. Logan stood between the two of them, claws drawn now that the boys were out of harm's way, as he let her say her piece.

"Can't argue with any of that," Sabretooth grunted with a resigned chuckle. "Take care of him, what I did is on me, not him... If Xavier ever loses Mystique, I'll keep tabs on her, she'll be pissed you bested her twice girl, I'll make sure she doesn't bother you... can I just...?" he started to ask, gesturing toward Liam again.

"No!" both Logan and Marie replied forcefully.

A sudden pounding of feet, down the hall towards their suite, alerted them to the approach of their teammates. Sabretooth took that as his cue to leave, growling as Logan took a swipe at him as he jumped out the still open window. Logan followed him out the window as the rest of team rushed into the room, joining Marie at the open window watching in frustration as Sabretooth made his escape.

Storm began to summon lightening but Marie stopped her, there was more chance of it hitting Logan. Scott took aim instead, hitting Sabretooth squarely in the back but succeeding only in pushing him faster into the treeline.

By the time everyone got to the ground floor, Logan was making his way back inside, he shook his head when he saw Marie. "He got away, that hit didn't even slow him down Scott but thanks for trying,” he advised.

"Do you think he'll come back?" Marie asked uncertainly.

"No darlin, I don’t think he'll come back, you said your piece, gave him his warning, he'd be a fool to try and come back," Logan told her, wrapping his arms around her and their dozing infants. "Besides, I think he does genuinely want what's best for Liam, and he seems to have decided that that's to stay with us. So long as we can keep Mystique out of the picture, we should be fine."

"Speaking of Mystique," the Professor announced, approaching the group. "The authorities have been advised of her apprehension, they wish to try her without delay for a rather long list of crimes, provided she doesn't manage to fool her way out of incarceration she will likely be behind bars, so to speak, for some time. It really is a shame, she had so much potential but she let others opinions of her cloud her mind and fester into hate." The Professor shook his head sadly. "I apologize Logan for the delay in alerting everyone, when I retired for the night Sabretooth was outside the grounds, I assumed the perimeter alarms would alert us if he attempted to enter, I didn't realise he was in until Rogue's panic alerted me."

"That's okay Chuck, he managed to disable the window alarm in the boy’s room too, I'm just lucky I heard the window open," Logan stated. "Anyway, I think that's enough excitement for tonight, let's get these two back to bed, shall we?" Logan asked Marie, as he nodded toward the stairs.

Marie nodded in agreement, and thanked everyone for their help before bidding them all good night. They passed a crowd of children of various ages, who had been woken by the clambering on the stairs, or by their scared roommates, and come to see what was happening. Ororo didn't even have to tell the children to go back to bed before they scattered in the directions of their rooms.

When they got back to their suite Logan checked the whole space before he would let Marie enter, just to make sure no one else had snuck in with Sabretooth. Once he was satisfied they were alone, he checked the mangled window. It seemed their intruder had spotted the magnetic connection, and from the outside cut through the frame to sever the wires to the alarm, they would need to upgrade the window alarms so they would sound automatically if tampered with in future; the curfew breaking students were going to hate him for that.

Neither Logan or Marie were happy for the boys to sleep in the nursery, not with its now broken window, so the boys joined their parents in their much larger bed for the rest of night. Logan watched Marie as she drifted to sleep, smiling down on their boys, he wasn't sure he would be able to sleep but the view for the rest of the night would make up for it.