A month later, Rogue was again grading tests in her office. Yawning as she reached for the next test in the stack, she opened her eyes in surprise when the paper felt different.

It was another drawing, this one showed her in the woods, an excursion she had taken, away from the mansion and its occupants. She had been trying to find some respite from the suffocating heat of the late spring day. She was dressed in a knee length leaf green dress, having shed her tights, cardigan, shoes, even her gloves had been discarded. She was normal. This time she had been drawn with her hair loose and curling prettily, though that day she had had it tied up in a bun to keep the tendrils from sticking to her sweaty neck.

This likeness looked almost magical, fairy like. it was the first drawing with a background added. A pleasant wood, flowers, leaves. The drawn her looked content, and excited, appearing to be touching things gently. She could almost imagine the feel of the rough tree bark, and silky soft flower petals under her bare fingers. The picture made her want to rush outside and touch nature, maybe that would make up some for her lack of human contact.

With a soft smile she stood the picture up, propped up by her laptop screen in front of her, as she continued with her grading.