It was six months until she got another drawing. She had finally decided her artist had found a new muse, when she found the A4 sheet of paper tucked into her textbook. She couldn't help the smile the sight spurred, even before she had turned the page over to see what image it bore this time.

The image drew a soft gasp from her.

This was the first image that depicted other people around her, specifically her sort of boyfriend of six months, Remy. Also known as Gambit, the newest member of the team, was a sweet talking lady's man, and she knew he was no good for her but he made her feel special. He even told her plenty that her skin didn't bother him, going so far as to suggest ways they might get around it, though she was yet to take him up on any of them.

This image though... God this image made her look like a battered woman, broken and sad, almost cowering. The image version of her boyfriend was holding her, which to others might look like a tender embrace, to her it just looked like captivity. All the while his face held a look of smarmy contempt, and he was making eyes at someone out of frame.

She glanced over the picture for several minutes, trying to decide how she felt about it. Eventually settling on anger; her relationship made her happy, it made her feel normal, how dare her artist imply otherwise!

She ignored the voice in the back of her head that told her, whoever her artist was, they hadn't been wrong yet about her thoughts and feelings captured in their drawings. She did listen to that voice when it prevented her from crushing the image into a ball and aiming for the trashcan though, instead she slipped the image back into her book before continuing with her lesson.