Logan decided to hit the shower when they returned. Marie declined to join him, catching his disappointed pout when she did, but she had other things she needed to do. Like rearrange the wardrobe so she could fit her stuff in better. She was staring curiously into the small space when Logan eventually finished in the bathroom, trying to decide if she should respect Logan's privacy... or open the box she had found hidden in the back of the closet.

"Marie has encountered an ethical dilemma, apparently," Logan murmured, stepping up behind her. "Have I ever told you how cute you look when you're all confused like that?" he teased.

"You think I'm cute?" Marie replied, pouting.

"Always darlin; what's wrong with that?" he asked, now his turn to look confused.

"Hm, nothing, I suppose... I'd rather you found me sexy as hell though," she answered, batting her eyelashes exaggeratedly.

"Where you’re concerned darlin, 'cute' and 'sexy' are synonymous," Logan replied with a chuckle, kissing her again. It seemed every time he touched her lately it was either to kiss her, or accompanied by a kiss. Not that she was complaining.

"Hey Logan," Marie asked, when he eventually moved away to dress. She was enjoying the play of muscle of his naked ass and back, as he fished out and pulled on sweats, absentmindedly 'mmhmm'ing in response. "What's in this box?" she queried, sliding it out of the closet with her foot. Her curiosity ramped up several notches when Logan glanced over at the box and suddenly looked uncomfortable, almost blushing.

"Uh, well, um, you can look in it if you want," he eventually stammered in reply. The moment the words were out of his mouth Marie reached down and yanked the box open, momentarily confused when all she could see was fabric. She grabbed at the top piece, and pulled it out, feeling her mouth drop open as she realised what it was.

"It- it's bodysuits?" she asked, seeking clarification of what she was seeing, turning the one she was holding to get a better look at it. It was white but sheer, and... it was cut for a women, a fairly short woman... someone about her size... Reaching into the box again she pulled out another, this one black, this one a lot larger, and cut for a man, someone about...

Stopping to stare at Logan in shock when she realised. "You- you bought these... so we could touch?" she asked dumbly.

"Mmhmm, I ordered them a couple days after Jean let you out of the lab, I- I've wanted you for a long time Marie, didn't know exactly *how* I wanted you, not until I came so close to losing you completely, for the second time, I thought I'd have to work a little harder to win you over to the idea – I’m no prize catch after all – and, while I always hoped, for your sake, that you would learn to control your mutation, I had all sorts of ways figured out to get around it too..." Logan trailed off, as he plucked a sheer piece of purple fabric from the box. It was a large square scarf, which he twisted between both of his hands, before lifting it to her face, shrouding her in the fabric before he kissed her through the soft, thin, silk.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," Logan murmured breathlessly, when he finally broke the kiss, letting her up for oxygen before she could pass out from sheer ecstasy.

"So... you planned ways around my mutation huh?" Marie asked, a mischievous glint in her eye, continuing when Logan nodded, a growing grin on his face as he caught onto her train of thought. "Want to show me?"

"Do I fucking ever," Logan growled, taking the black bodysuit from her, and handing her a pair of black silk gloves from the box and telling her to put them, and the white bodysuit she was still holding, on, nudging her in the direction of the bathroom to do that.

A few minutes later Marie was back, clad neck to toes in formfitting sheer white silk, with black gloves that went to just above her elbows. Her only other attire, if you could call it that, was Logan's dog tags, still hanging around her neck, where they had been since he gave them to her, almost a year ago. Logan had changed too, and was sitting on the bed, also covered neck to toes, in the sheer black silk, a shorter pair of black silk gloves covering his hands to the wrists.

"Isn't it overkill for us both to be covered?" Marie asked, with a shy giggle.

"Not at all, this way means, I can touch you, wherever I want, however I want, and you can touch me, anywhere you want, however you want," Logan advised her, as he slowly stalked closer to her, demonstrating his point by pulling her flush against him, and kissing along her shoulder, as she did the same to him.

His hands began to move across her body insistently, the sensation was almost, almost, better than his bare skin on hers. Now that she knew what his bare skin felt like she was glad they could touch that way, though she could admit, she could have lived with this if the only way they had ever been able to touch was through fabric.

--

The next morning the pair were sleeping in when suddenly someone began pounding on the door. Both of them were now naked, having stripped off the bodysuits during the night, so Logan stumbled out of bed toward his discarded sweats, while Marie pulled on his t-shirt, which covered her to mid-thigh, before Logan yanked the door open.

"What the hell Jeannie?" Logan groused, when he saw the woman in question standing on the other side of the door, almost bouncing with anticipation.

"Rogue's DNA has completely re-written itself, all the radiation damaged cells are gone!" Jean announced, uselessly waving the papers she was carrying around in front of her.

"What!?" Marie asked, shock preventing her from comprehending what she had just heard.

"So, what does this mean? She's fixed? Is she going to have my healing forever?" Logan asked, just a hint of worry in his tone.

"As near as I can figure, yes, she's 'fixed', and the healing should be permanent," Jean confirmed.

"Huh, well what do you know," Marie murmured. "Now if you don't mind, I'm going back to bed," she added, turning back into the room and crawling back under the covers.

Logan chuckled after her before turning back to Jean. "It'll hit her suddenly in a few hours, just wait and see," Logan said, though Jean could tell he was still worried.

"What are you thinking Logan?" Jean asked. Logan had proven to be very astute, especially when it came to Marie. If there was an eventuality she hadn't considered yet, Logan had probably thought of it.

"Just me being paranoid," he replied with a shrug. "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's going to be okay but, the healing, permanently... it's not all it's cracked up to be."

"She's got you to help her with that, and now you have her," Jean said softly, grinning at the girl in his bed, she had no doubt what they had been up to since discovering Rogue's mutation had stopped. "I'll leave you two to digest all that," she said, knocking Logan's hand off the door and pulling it shut behind her.

"Scott, don't you dare say anything," she warned her husband, when she turned around and saw the dark scowl on his face.

"But she's a--"

"A perfectly capable and mature, young adult, woman, who can make her own decisions about who she, as an adult, goes to bed with, drop it, it won't end well for you," Jean gave him his final warning. As an adult woman herself she wouldn't be above kicking him out of her bed to sleep on the couch if need be.