After Marie and Logan packed up and headed out of the mansion a few days later, they slowly but surely made their way in a north-westerly direction. Finally hitting Alaska in late fall. They stayed the winter, as long-term renters at a holiday park with a fabulous view of the tallest mountain in North America.

When spring came, it was accompanied by word that Jubilee had not only loved the South - Marie knew she would, New Orleans just had the 'Jubilee vibe' - but she loved the boyfriend too, and Logan and Rogue were invited to their wedding that summer. They had set off again, travelling South East, through the central US, to Louisiana.

They made a detour through Mississippi on their way, visiting Marie's old home town, for nostalgia. They ran into Marie's parents, completely by accident, and Logan had a few choice words for them when they again rejected their own daughter. Marie had left in tears, happy, relieved tears, as she had hugged Logan with all she had.

They met up with many friends from the mansion at the wedding, including Kitty, who was having a hard time deciding on her own partner. She dated Bobby for a while, before Pete had finally come clean, driving all the way to Boston one weekend to tell her he loved her, and missed her. Marie and Jubilee were both firmly in the 'Pete' camp.

From there they headed west, and then south once they got to Texas, and journeyed down through Mexico, and Central America. They spent a year touring South America. In Peru, Logan laughed at Marie for refusing to indulge in the local delicacy that was Cuy. She got him back in Bolivia, by ordering him Caldo de Cardan when he ducked into the bathroom leaving her to order for them. Of course, he couldn't back down from a challenge but it was a long time before he let her order food for him again, much to her amusement.

From there they travelled by freighter to Asia, helping as crew hands for passage of themselves and their truck. They spent another year touring Asia, through to Europe. Logan surprised them both by being fluent in multiple languages they encountered across the continents.

In an ice castle in Finland, Logan out of the blue proposed, with a ring of white gold snowflakes set with dozens upon dozens of tiny, glittery, diamond chips. Marie said yes, of course.

As they made their way back to North America, again by boat, this time in luxury. Marie was struck down by intense sea sickness, and spent most of the trip huddled over a toilet or bucket. The rest of the time she spent lamenting how unfair it was that Logan never got sick, despite having the same healing factor she now did. She missed the many secretive smiles he wore as he waited on her, fetching her cool cloths, and any drinks and food she could stomach, smoothing her hair back from her face as she retched, and filling up the times she felt well enough with steamy touches and kisses.

Back on solid land again, it took Marie a few days to realise, the 'sea sickness' hadn't gone away, a bucket was still her constant companion as they returned to Logan's familiar stomping ground of Canada. At a small-town general-purpose store, a little pink and blue box caught her eye as she was browsing an aisle, and on a whim, she grabbed it. That night they stopped at a motel, and while Logan lounged on the bed watching a hockey game, Marie put her purchase to use.

Ten minutes later, Marie crawled into bed, snuggled up to Logan, and proudly displayed the positive pregnancy test for him. His only response was a broad grin, as he hugged her tighter and pressed a kiss to her temple.

"How long have you known?" she asked curiously.

"Switzerland," Logan replied, still grinning like an idiot, "I thought you would have figured it out on the boat, guess you were too distracted."

"I suppose puking your guts out multiple times a day will do that to you," Marie giggled in reply. "What are we doing now?" she asked softly, as her head came to rest on his shoulder. Would Logan want to keep moving, or would he want to settle down.

"Hm, I don't know, kind of feel like taking it easy for a while, what about you?" Logan asked.

"It would be nice for baby to have some stability, somewhere to call home," Marie agreed.

"Somewhere to call home..." Logan repeated thoughtfully. "I think I know just the place."

Two days later they rolled into a small, quiet town, in Alberta. They stopped for breakfast, and then on their way out of town again Logan suddenly pulled into the parking lot of a small, run down looking bar. At the look on Logan's face Marie knew there was something special about this place, something he was waiting for her to notice.

"Laughlin... this is... this is the bar where I first saw you!" she suddenly realised. "Wow, it doesn't look like such a dump in the daylight."

"Apparently, it's up for sale, I guess they've fixed it up some for the market," Logan began. "It comes with the bar, it's got a fully functional commercial kitchen, back in the day there used to be a grill that went along with the bar. And there's a house, just back there through the trees, that comes with it... want to take a look?"

As they were getting out of the truck, a second car pulled up, a smartly dressed women bounding out, to cheerily introduce herself as the listing agent; so, Logan had planned this. She showed them through both buildings, keeping up a constant stream of chatter about what improvements had been made to the buildings in the last few years. Long gone it seemed were the burning barrel heaters of the bar when they had been there last, though the decorating was still lacking. The little house was quaint and homely, and Marie could see herself being happy, their child being happy, in this little place.

"What do you think?" Logan asked, when the agent finally backed off and gave them 'a few minutes' to talk.

"Will you be happy in one place?" Marie asked honestly, watching Logan's face for the slightest hint of hesitation.

"Darlin, wherever you are, I am happy, and if I get bored, I can always whack up a cage in the bar and smack some rednecks around," Logan replied with a chuckle.

Six months later, their own little bar and grill opened its doors. They invited all their old friends out for the opening, and to meet the newest member of their family; Raine Hope Logan. Logan, it turned out, had one more trick up his sleeve, and had corralled Marie's two best friends into helping him. The very first event hosted at the bar...? Their very own wedding. They stood in almost the exact spot where they had gotten their first good looks at each other four long years ago, to exchange their vows.