He was so distracted, by trying to distract himself, that he didn't notice the movie end. Or even Marie shift slightly, to peer up at him in amused curiosity as he tried to ignore her soft warmth in his arms.

"What?" he asked gruffly, when he finally noticed her watching him, impish grin plastered on her face.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked curiously.

"Nothing," he muttered, "Is it nine yet?"

"In about five minutes," Marie replied, still watching him closely.

"Hm, what are we going to do for five more minutes?" Logan queried, trying to distract her from her current selected task of observing him in amusement.

"You could tell me what you were thinking, apparently it was a... happy thought," Marie choked as she tried to suppress a giggle when Logan regarded her in confusion. She cleared her throat pointedly as she nodded down... to his crotch.

The grumpy growl that rumbled out of Logan a moment later was enough to send Marie into a full-blown laugh, as he playfully shoved her away from him.

"Oh shit, sorry," Logan added, with a chuckle of his own, when it turned out he shoved her a little too hard and she fell off the side of the bed, landing in a giggling heap on the floor.

"Come on, you can tell me, I can be your secret keeper, I'll store it right alongside the astronomical number of women you've had sex with, just how many people you've killed, that one about how you secretly love soccer even though it's for wimps, and that your favourite colour is that pinky-purple colour the sky turns when the sun sets just right..." by the time Marie finished her speech, she was seated back on the bed beside him, watching him again, this time with a soft smile on her face.

He found it odd that he didn't mind her knowing those things about him, in fact, he actually kind of liked it, there was only one problem. "I don't know, that doesn't exactly sound fair, you know all my secrets, but I don't know any of yours, I don't even know your favourite colour," he replied, frowning thoughtfully. Could he be in love with a girl he really barely knew.

"You know more of my secrets than any person on this planet," Marie replied, as she shifted to snuggle back down beside him. "You know about the first boy I kissed, you know more than anyone, possibly even the Professor knows, about how my mutation works, you know when I just need a hug, and you always know the right thing to say to make me feel better, even if it isn't the socially acceptable response... what you lack apparently is the details, like my favourite colour, I think, my favourite colour is probably... that purple-red some maple leaves go in fall... what else do you want to know?" she asked softly, still smiling happily.

"What is your favourite... food?" Logan asked.

"Well now, that's a tricky one, that depends on how I'm feeling, if I'm sad, I like chocolate cake, in a bowl, with warm milk... if I'm angry I like ice cream, double chocolate fudge, frozen real hard so I can stab at it as if it's the person I'm mad at, like a really tasty voodoo doll-" she continued, grinning as Logan chuckled- "If I'm bored I like jambalaya, if I'm happy... if I'm happy I like company while I eat whatever I feel like, doesn't matter when I'm happy, if I'm comfy I like macaroni cheese, and if we're watching sports I like a big bowl of spicy chilli with sour cream."

"That's a lot of favourites," Logan commented, once he was sure she was finished.

"A lot longer than your list of 'good beer and ribs', though I think I might be able to change that favourite food of yours, I still remember my mama's super secret brisket recipe and I reckon that could hands down beat even the best ribs you ever tasted," Marie announced dramatically.

"I look forward to having my taste buds challenged," Logan replied. "What's your favourite... song?" he asked next.

"Hmm, that's an even harder one, I've got favourites, again, depending on what mood I'm in, but if I had to pick one single favourite..."

They continued to chat comfortably, neither noticing as the time quickly slipped away. It wasn't until Marie suddenly yawned widely that Logan glanced at the clock. "Shit, it's eleven, we're running a little late, should probably do a bit of touching, what do you say?"

Maybe it was just tiredness that made her hear his words with a distinctly suggestive overtone, but Marie suddenly decided that yes, she did want to do some touching, a decidedly different sort of touching than they had been doing lately.

"I like the sound of that," she murmured, pulling herself to sit up, and leaning forward, one hand on the bed, just above Logan's shoulder as she dipped her head, her long loose hair falling around them, as she quickly, and determinedly pressed her lips to his.

It didn't take long before she felt Logan relax underneath her, she could feel the shift of his lips as he grinned ferally, before he took control of the kiss. Even from his more submissive positioning underneath her he was still just as dominant as ever, as his lips forced hers apart and his tongue began to join the action, coaxing her to deepen the kiss.

--

It was the chance he had been waiting for, pushing all his thoughts of Marie, and the way he felt about her, to the forefront of his mind, Logan pushed it all forward as he felt the connection open up. He would hold on for as long as possible this time, he didn't care if he passed out, he just had to make sure she saw, he had to make sure she knew.

"I love you too, Logan," he heard her murmur softly into their kiss. She knew.

The kiss dragged on, neither really noticing, even when Logan changed their position, rolling them over so he had the dominant higher ground. The Wolverine would yield to his mate, but only so much. Neither wanted the sensation to end, and ever so slowly, Logan began to undress her, while Marie a little less slowly attempted to undress him.

"I want you, I want all of you," Logan whispered. Sure, he sounded like he was begging but so long as she let him have her, he really didn't care, she was the only one who had ever, and would ever, see this side of him.

"Only if I can have you in return, all of you," Marie replied, eyes hooded with desire as she threaded her fingers through his, running her fingers over the spaces between his knuckles, and squeezing his hands gently, making it clear what she was referring to.

"Eventually, you're not ready for him yet, but I promise you, when I think you are, he's all yours darlin," Logan murmured. He was all hers as it was, the only reason the feral side of his personality was letting him hold back was a testament to how much hers he was, otherwise, he wouldn't care if she was ready or not.

"I really hope you're not planning on stopping now," Marie replied, sounding mildly annoyed that he had left off kissing her in favour of staring at her hungrily.

"I wouldn't dream if it darlin," he answered, moving back to continue to pepper her with kisses, some soft and feather light, some harsher and more demanding, the odd nip thrown in for good measure and to hear her moan or sigh in response.

Hours later, when they both collapsed, exhausted and satisfied, onto the mattress, they fell quickly asleep. Both too tired to realise they were still touching, skin-to-skin, and nothing was happening.