Marie barely had the time to hop down from the cab of the truck when door of the cabin flew open and Sam stormed out. He took in her appearance and bounced on Logan who was wringing his still soaked shirt dry.
“What the fuck did you do to her now? Huh! Didn’t get enough last time?” His fist connected to Logan’s jaw and made Logan stumble backwards and hit his head to the side of the truck. Sharp metallic thud made Marie wince. Logan shrugged his shoulders and twisted his neck before throwing the shirt on the hood of the truck.
“In case you didn’t notice, it rained. We got stuck. That’s all that happened. Get lost squirt. I have a job to do,” he growled instead of tearing in to Sam with his claws.
“Mom?” Sam asked.
“Nothing happened. Go to sleep. I’ll help Logan to mount that pulse cannon. We’ll talk about this on the morning…” She could see Sam’s nostrils flaring.
“Since when have I lied to you?” Sam snorted, threw his hands in the air and turned around.
“Fine. I’m just trying to look after you. Don’t come crying home if…” Thankfully he didn’t finish his sentence, but marched in to the cabin instead, slamming the door shut.

Logan was already opening the backboard and tarp that were covering the lorry. Small trickle of blood oozed from the hairline, down to his neck and back.
“You’re hurt!”
“It’s nothing. Don’t fret over it. Let’s just get this over with…” Logan grunted handing her bags filled with coffee, soap and other luxuries before climbing on the lorry and dragging the crate that held the pulse cannon closer to the edge.
“I’ll go and put these away…” Marie huffed, balancing the bags on her arms. Logan nodded.

She arranged her purchases to the cupboards and cabinets. There were surprisingly many packages. She was quite sure she had bought only two bars of soap instead of four. Only one kilo of coffee instead of one and a half. Then she found something that she was sure of she hadn’t bought. A small bottle of golden liquid. She didn’t have to open it. She knew what it was. Of what it would smell like.

“Logan?” He was crouching on the hood of the truck, reaching to the roof of the cab.
“I think it'll work better if I put it up here instead of the hood. Gives wider range that way…”
“Logan?”
“I’ll hook this up with the radar and see if I can upload a better program to it, I don’t think it’s…”
“Logan?”
“What?” He barked, turning finally to look at her. She stood beside the truck, small bottle of honey and beeswax on her palm.
“I think you mixed up our purchases.”
“No. It’s for you. Don’t really need that stuff with the healing…” Logan said, turning back to tighten the bolts at the base of the pulse cannon.

“What is this?” She asked, placing the bottle carefully to the front porch of the cabin. Logan hopped down from the hood of the truck wiping his hands clean to his shirt that he had discarded earlier.
“What’s what?” He asked, cocking his brow.
“You just suddenly appear out of nowhere. Fix my truck. Try to help out with Sam. Buy me stuff. What are you up to?” Marie asked, draping her hands over her chest and tilting her head.
“Uh… Nothing? I just wanted… You looked like you could use some help, that’s all.”
“Right. And you’re the kind of guy who walks around helping people just out of the goodness of your heart?”
“Marie… Don’t. I just wanted to help you. I owe you.”
“Oh, God. I’m going to be sick! You can’t possibly imagine that all this will erase the fact that you raped me!” She shouted. Mortified look spread on Logan’s face.
“There’s absolutely no way to repay, or undo things that happened back then! This isn’t about the stuff that happened at the breeding center!”
“Then what is this? Tell me! I need to know!”
“You loved me once. Do you have any idea how it made me feel? To see that look in your eyes? To feel something and find out that you felt the same? This isn’t… It isn’t even close of what you deserve, but this is something I can do, something I can give.”

She had absolutely now idea how to respond to Logan’s honesty. She turned her back and walked back to the cabin with numb legs. Returned back out and retrieved the bottle of honey and beeswax before going back inside again. She walked in to her bedroom, and placed the bottle to the small table next to her bed. Giggle escaped from her lips when she realized that she would have to build a bathtub so that she could enjoy that little gift properly. That giggle transformed to a series of sobs.

She could hear Sam walking around. Closet doors opening and closing. Soft rustle of cloth. More walking. More rummaging. Then silence. She opened the door of her room and saw Sam, sitting in the kitchen. There was backpack on the floor at his feet.
“I’m leaving before weather gets too rough. I left you some money, and I’ll arrange so that somebody comes and helps you out every now and then.”
“Sam…”
“I’m fed up. Tired of this shit you call a life. I’m going.” With that he rose, took the backpack and walked out. She walked to the window. Saw Sam talking with Logan. Logan was shaking his head. Sam was talking again. Finally Logan nodded. Both men climbed to Logan’s truck, and it drove away in to the night, leaving her standing alone in the darkness.