Logan’s Past 11
~these are thoughts~

Logan is still thinking to himself……
----------------------

~What the hell is it with women anyway?? Why isn’t it possible to have a ‘normal’ conversation with one? Scooter said just about the same things as Marie did and it came across pretty well. I mean, sure, I was a little growly because he thought he had to break it down into little words for me; smart ass sonuvabitch! But I got what he was sayin’!

But Marie! Jeezus! Marie loses her gawdamned mind! Starts screamin’ at me, babblin’ on and on about bein’ ‘specific’, and wantin’ to know what shit ‘means’! ~

[*knock, knock*]

“Yeah, who is it? Waddya want?”

“Logan? It’s Storm, can I come in?”

[*squeak, rattle*, door opens]

“Yeah, yeah, Storm, watcha want? Can’t ya see I’m tryin’ ta work here?”

“Well, to be perfectly honest, Logan, no, I can’t! What I can tell you is perfectly obvious to every inhabitant on this floor as well as the majority of the students on the floor directly below us, is that you’re stomping around up here for Goddess knows what reason! I have been asked by the masses to request that if you must pace so, could you please at least remove your work boots? Not only would it save the sanity of almost everyone in this wing of the mansion, I do believe it will reduce the wear and tear on the hardwood floor of your room!”

[*squeak, rattle, SLAM*, door closes]

~Aww, hell! I guess I’ll havta shed these boots for those dainty-eared pansies around here, if I expect to keep the interruptions to a tolerable level. I don’t step that hard do I? Nah! Gotta be them, they’re all soft, don’t know how to handle a little inconvenient noise, damned momma’s boys, and girls I guess!~

[*tumble, thump; tumble, thump* boots get tossed across floor]

~Now! Where the hell was I?? Damn interruptions! Oh, yeah, Marie losing her freakin’ mind. I don’t think I caught half of whatever the hell she was screeching about. Who knew a human kid could reach those kind of decibels? What the hell was she getting’ so upset for anyway? We talk about a lot of shit, and give each other a lot of shit about what we talk about. So I said she had a stupid question, I’ve done it before, haven’t I? Sure I must have. I mean, hell, I know she’s a smart cookie, but even the Prof has his fair share of stupid things to say, and don’t let me get started on One-Eyes’ stupidity levels!! I’ll be talkin’ to m’self for the rest of the damned weekend!~

[*rattle, slide, scrape* window is opened]

~Ah, beautiful night! Nice cool breeze, think I’ll leave the window open to sleep.~

[*scratch, phiss* match is struck]

~Yup, just the right time o’night for that last cigar of the day. Hmmmm, what was it that Marie was hollerin’ about? If I were her brother, or her boyfriend, she said husband too didn’t she? Yeah, I think she did. She said she wouldn’t care who was responsible, Pppffft! Yeah, sure, she wouldn’t want to know who the dirty bastards were that took her sweet hubby away! Riiiiight!~

[all is quiet, a few crickets chirp in the extreme distance, only the flare of the burning end of his cigar lights the window to Logan’s room]

~Hmmm, but then, ya know, that’s just the damn problem! Women never act like they’re ‘spose to! Hell, somebody took away somebody I loved, not that I know what it freakin’ feels like; but I’d slice any SOB that tried to steal my bike! If bein’ in love is half as intense as that, I’d sure as hell wanna get the bastards that were responsible!~

[more smoking, more thinking]

~But then again……maybe if I got my bike back, ya know, all safe an’ sound; no scratches or dings or nothin’, maybe I’d be able to settle down for a little bit. I’d definitely take the time to make sure she really was ok…check the brakes over, make sure the fluid levels were right, give her a nice wash down; ya know, so she feels all better bein’ home. Probably fill the tank up fresh, nothin’ like a full stomach that’s for sure! Maybe after eatin’ go for a little ride, just her an’ me. Find someplace quiet so we can just sit and talk. That is one thing about Marie, I can talk to her, even if she’s not making sense. If it’s a nice night like tonight, we could take the bed rolls and just camp out, not hafta worry about the X-geeks and all the noisy kids around this pla---~

[*BING*!! Light bulb]

~WAIT A DAMN MINUTE!!! Back the truck up!! Where the hell did all that come from??? Campin’ out with Marie?!? I was thinkin’ about my bike---wasn’t I? Yeah, yeah, the bike, right. A ride, yeah, I was thinkin’ about a,-a nice long ride on a cool night like this. Jus’ her an’ me, takin’ it easy, leanin’ inta the curves, she’s all cold so she’s pressed up tight against me with her arms around my--~

[ --*-- ]

~I fuckin’ did it again! What the hell is goin’ on here?? Since when did my bike and Marie get to be some kinda interchangeable parts here?? I mean, sure, they’re both important ta me. Both are special, I mean, I’d get really pissed off if anything happened ta either of ‘em--~

[ --*--*--*-- ]

“Awww! SHIT!!”

[*squeak, rattle, SLAM*, door closes
*thump, thump, thump, thump* sock feet steps fading away ]