Author's Chapter Notes:
'Was I born a cute vindictive bitch or did society make me that way?'
Always loved that line from the movie Hard Candy, and it sort of fits with Marie, was she born this way or did Logan have something to do with her fucked up attitude to life?
Part 2-‘Some Of Us Find Salvation In Nothing….’

Logan followed them outside, the scent of Marie’s arousal was thick in the air, all of his other senses faded, and he heard and saw nothing else. All he sensed was just how much Marie was anticipating fucking this man and the idea just about killed him.


He was still carrying her, she had her legs wrapped around his middle and they half stumbled and half staggered their way to the side of the building. It had started raining and as he pressed her against the cold brick wall Marie could feel her shirt sticking to her back.

His mouth was pressed firmly against hers, she could smell the beer on his breath, mixed with his aftershave and cigarettes, and she shivered slightly as he moved from her lips to her neck. Her quick fingers opened the buttons of her shirt and his grateful hands found their way over her front kneading her breasts over her bra.

Marie moved her hands down further and found the clasp of his jeans, promptly releasing him she massaged him forcefully, running her hand down his length and over the tip, her cold hands against his warmth made them both groan. She smiled up into his darkened gaze before running her finger across her lips, tasting him.

She bit her lip and looked him square in the eye as she slowly reached underneath her skirt and removed her panties. He moaned and lifting her slightly gripped her by the hips as he buried himself deep inside her.

Marie gasped loudly as began to move inside her, enjoying every thrust. She held tightly onto his shoulders and breathed deeply into his hair, ‘Come on baby, make me feel it…’
She whispered in his ear, his response was to move harder and faster.
Thrust and push until that eventual release, harder and faster, she matched her movements with his and cried out digging her teeth into his neck. He stilled at last and she rested her head on his shoulder turning to look where she knew he stood.

She looked directly at Logan before she smiled. ‘Was it good for you too baby?’




Logan sat unmoving an unopened bottle of whiskey in one hand and a glass in the other, it seemed he couldn’t decide whether to drink or to throw it across the bar.
He eventually poured himself a large shot, asking for another glass he propped the empty glass next to his arm. He poured a drink for her and waited.

Joe queried the second glass but seeing the look on Logan’s face didn’t bother to ask questions.

‘That happens a lot huh?’ Logan spoke to him at last, and seeing the big man appear to be worked up into what was clearly one helluva temper, Joe tried to give him an answer.
He shrugged. ‘Look, all the girls here do it, most of the guys that come in, well let’s just say they aren’t the last of the big spenders, mostly they’re just pissing their paycheques away, and for most of these girls the tips just don’t add up.’

He dared to lean in closer, ‘But with Marie, I don’t know what it is, I think it’s all part of her ritual ya know?’

‘What ritual?’ Logan looked at him a dark look crossing his brow. Joe shook his head not entirely sure if he should keep talking. He tried his luck all the same.

‘Ya know, get drunk, fuck and fight. She picks out a random guy, takes him out back and shows him a good time. And…’ Joe sighed, ‘sometimes she ends up taking their money as well.’

That shocked Logan, he gripped the glass tighter before swallowing the fiery liquid in one gulp, ‘You’re telling me she gets paid?’

Marie being paid for sex, like a common prostitute, a whore just like the kind he used. This was fucking unbelievable. Get drunk, fuck and fight, yeah he was in her head alright, maybe more than was healthy and helluva lot more than she deserved.

The guilt tore at him; he shook his head and poured himself another drink.

Joe looked at him closely, determined to make sure Logan didn’t misunderstand him further, ‘Nah man, I didn’t say she got paid, I said she takes their money, as in she steals it.’

‘And that’s supposed to be better?’ Logan asked him.

Joe shook his head, ‘I dunno. But you seem more cut up about this than you should be, you know Marie or somethin’?

Logan turned to look at the girl walking back into the bar, saw her swing her hips, saw her push white bangs of hair away from her eyes, before looking up at Joe again, ‘I thought I did.’





Marie eventually made her way back to the bar; taking a seat next to Logan she ignored the bottle of whiskey and glass and called out for Joe to give her a beer instead.
She reached down and into her boots taking out a handful of folded green notes. She handed one to Joe and smiled, ‘Sorry Joe, looks like the guy was a cheap fuck.’

Logan looked over at her, her hair was matted to her face and her wet shirt clung to her curves, he could feel the tension tighten his body once more.
‘Yeah, guess you get what you pay for sweetheart.’

She looked at him at last and laughed, ‘Ouch, that’s cold Logan. She turned in the chair to face him directly, ‘so what are you paying for the pleasure these days huh?’ Leaning closer, she smiled sexily at him, ‘or maybe the blondes these days are just so happy to be riding Logan’s dick they forget all ‘bout the green stuff?’

Logan fixed her with a cold stare, ‘that’s crude darlin’ even comin’ from you.’

She laughed again and turned back to her drink, ‘well no-one ever accused this Southern gal of havin’ class.’ Marie loved that she could get to him like this, he had cause for regret.

It hadn’t been all that great, the sex in the back-alleys never was, usually when she picked them up and took them outside, they were pissed enough so they could barely stand they’d get so excited they’d end up shooting their load in their pants or as soon as she had got her hands on them.

It never lasted long, and it was never good, but Logan didn’t need to know that. As far as he was concerned she still smelt like him, his fluid was still running down her legs and the rain had done nothing to mask the scent of their fucking.

Good, let him think that, let him torture himself with that, serve the bastard right, ‘ah sure hope ya lose sleep tonight sugah.’

‘Ya should know Logan…’ she spoke after a while.

‘Know what?’ He poured himself another glass and swivelled the liquid around and around.

‘What it means to fuck without caring,’ she spoke sharply, ‘ya do it often enough, it’s all ‘bout the moment, nothing else, nothing matters, sex without a catch, ain’t that right sugah?’

‘Sugah?’ She’d never called him that before, it pissed him off the way she sat there smiling, not caring. He took hold of her arm roughly and forced her to look at him.
‘You’re too young, Marie dammit, you’re too young for this!’

She stared at him, ‘too young for what Logan?’

He sighed, ‘too young to think that this is all you deserve, for fuck’s sake, you’re only 18, still just a kid.’

She laughed and shook her, ‘Ah’m 19 Logan, ah had a birthday last week,’ she pulled her arm away from his grasp, ‘ but ah guess ya wouldn’t know that.’

Shit. She had a birthday last week, he’d forgotten all about it, the three years he’d known her he’d never missed a birthday, but he’d missed last week’s. She’d turned 19 and where had he been, in another state, another fight and with another blonde, she was right… fucking without caring, he should know.

‘Ah’m not too young, ah grew up a long time ago Logan, not that any of you noticed, and ah don’t need it anymore. Ah don’t need to be held up, to be put together when ah fall apart. Maybe back at the academy ah needed that, but not anymore. If anything ah’m too old for this...’

She finished her beer with one clean swig and started to stand up, ready to leave. Logan reached for something in his jeans pocket, he fumbled a while before holding the object up. It spun and caught the light, dog tags, his dog tags, the ones he had given her so long ago.

He laid the chain carefully on the bar next to her beer bottle. ‘You forgot somethin’ when you left,’ he stated quietly.

Marie stared at them a while before picking the tags up, she held them in her hand gently, and then she smiled, the same smile Logan remembered from so long ago, remembered the girl from so long ago.

She placed the tags back on the bar, ‘Ah didn’t forget them.’

‘Then you left ‘em behind.’ Logan looked at her intently, take them with you Marie, come on girl, give me somethin…’

She shook her head, and standing close to Logan whispered in his ear, ‘Ya take ‘em sugah, ah don’t need ‘em anymore, and ah don’t need you….’ She walked away without a second look back.

And Logan was forced to remember when he had as much said the same to her.