Author's Chapter Notes:
‘Ya always make a habit of climbin’ into showers with a guy?’ he asked her, his voice sounding husky and unrecognisable to his own ears. It didn’t even occur to him question what she was doing.

Rating upped because apparently my mind resides in the gutter :)
Part 2- ‘The Shower Scene…’

A fine sheen of sweat broke over her skin, she could feel the droplets run in rivulets down her taut stomach underneath her suit as she grunted, working hard to ensure she parried his lunge perfectly, sailing through the air effortlessly she landed on her feet, poised and ready for his next move.

She hadn’t thought so much on his words from a couple of nights ago, she’d dismissed them for what he’d said they were, an appreciation and affection from one friend to another, best friends. That was all; she smiled through her heavy breathing, so why did it seem as if Logan was more pissed off than usual?

True she had spent a restless few hours that night thinking his ‘I love you’ had been something more, a heartfelt declaration of some sort, for a while she had been worried by the concept because that would mean she would have to go over her own feelings for him. And that was a ritual she had long learned to bury.

She had taught herself to look beyond her teenage crush, to stop hanging on his every word, to not be so pathetic that she would interpret his every look and smile to be something more than it was. And though it had been painful at first, as letting go of first love always is at sixteen, she had soon come to realise that they were better off as just friends. Logan and Marie, good friends, best friends but nothing more and she found that was something not only she could live with, but enjoyed too much to give up.

She’d decided to act normally with him, as if the words hadn’t been said at all, she smiled, laughed and teased him as usual, and they had even had their midnight ritual of milk and cookies since.

Nothing romantic there at all, friends… just friends sparring in the gym, she was a good fighter and she had him to thank for that as well. Her brow creased in frustration and surprise as she watched Logan unsheathe his claws and lunge forwards once more.

She leaped out of the way, laughing as she did so, ‘what’s the matter ol’ man, am ah too fast for ya?’

Marie somersaulted in the air, landing in a crouched position her knees absorbing the impact, feet thudding heavily onto the mat, her hair fell loosely about her face and as she reached up to brush the sweat soaked strands out of her face she caught sight of Bobby.

He was sat in the bleachers laughing with Kitty, she hissed in a breath, Kitty was the new addition to the Academy, and though she had been dating Bobby for almost a year now, Marie knew he was better off with the beautiful and more importantly touchable Kitty Pryde.

That realisation hadn’t hurt as much as it should have, and though she was great friends with Bobby, she had always known their relationship wasn’t going anywhere, he was a teenage boy, and teenage boys had one thing on their mind, the sort of thing that a girlfriend with poisonous skin did nothing to help.

Now if she could just find the right time to break up with him and push him towards Kitty. Bobby looked up, smiling he waved at her, she smiled and waved back.

Her concentration wavered as she stood; waving to her friends, she hardly knew what happened next, she heard him growl low, half turning back to him it was too late to offer a counter attack, he swept in low and fast.

Sweeping her feet out from underneath her, she landed heavily on her back, groaning loudly as the wind was knocked out of her. Before she knew it Logan was on top of her, pinning her arms and legs, he stared down at her.

She met his feral gaze, vainly struggling against his hold, trying to release one of her pinned arms but he held her firm. His breathing was shaky as he leant in close, ‘how many times have ah told ya kid, don’t ever get distracted.’

He seemed angrier than usual, she supposed he must have been tired of teaching her the same lesson over and again, truth was she did often get distracted, but usually that didn’t rile him, at least not as much as it seemed to do today.

‘Not bad for an ol’ man huh…?’ he gritted his teeth.

She smiled, ‘Maybe not…’ she made a show of struggling against him once more, prying one of her arms free, she grinned as she slowly ran her gloved fingers along his arm and patted the side of his waist. ‘You been puttin’ on weight Logan? ‘Cause those are some impressive love handles …’

Her question caught him completely unawares, he stared down at her momentarily confused, and she took perfect advantage of the opportunity, as his grip slackened on her arms and he shifted his weight she wrapped a foot around his lower leg, using his own leverage against him she flipped him over.

This time Marie was the one on top, she had him pinned to the floor, her chest heaving with exertion, and she smiled as she pressed down on his forearms holding his hands above his head. ‘What was that ‘bout gettin’ distracted…?’

She laughed and half-expecting Logan to laugh along with her, she was surprised when he growled angrily; he pushed her away, the force of his arms alone sending her sprawling backwards to land on her ass.

She looked up at him confused, ‘Geez Logan, wearin’ your panties a little tight or somethin’, what the hell’s eatin’ you?’

He passed a hand over his face, sighing loudly, he offered her a hand, she took it slowly and he pulled her to her feet. ‘Nothin’…’ his hand seemed to settle lightly on her waist ‘sorry ‘bout that kid…look ah’ll see ya later.’

He stalked off across the gym floor, but not before he had glanced towards Bobby. Marie shook her head; Logan sure was one complex and confusing best friend.


Logan headed for the locker room, peeling off the top half of his suit as he did so, he stood in front of his locker, contemplating the thick metal of the door, he gritted his teeth and growling angrily leaned forward resting his forehead against the cool metal.

Drawing back he snapped his head forward again banging it loudly against the door. He repeated the process until a nasty heavy dent appeared in the metal. Growling loudly he headed for the shower discarding the rest of his suit as he did so.

Stepping onto the cool tiles he turned on the shower and welcomed the warm spray of water. Shutting his eyes he let the water wash over him, hoping it would somehow carry away the crazy thoughts he’d been having lately.

He hadn’t been able to dismiss his words as easily as she had been able to, why had he said it?

Because he did love her, as a friend, a best friend, the kid he saw every day, the one x-kid he could actually enjoy sparring in the gym with.

The gym, seeing her walk into the auditorium, wearing that x-suit she insisted on covering up with had sent all sorts of confusing messages, the way the leather fitted so perfectly, clinging provocatively to her skin, showing off every curve flawlessly.

He could only stare dumbly when she had started warming up, the stretches and lunges sending his imagination into overdrive, the Wolverine inside howling in appreciation at the sight of her. He had to smack himself upside the head mentally a few times before he could think to close his gaping mouth and return the smile she offered him.

He had wanted to wait, seeing her the next morning after his ‘three word’ slip, she had breezed past him, offering some smart remark on how rough he looked.

Nothing, no tell tale blush, no uncomfortable silence, no hurrying away because she couldn’t look him in the eye, and truth be told he had to admit he had been a little disappointed by the reaction.

He had always known of the crush she had on him, and alpha male that he was he reveled in it, knowing that she hero worshiped him fueled his ego in more ways than one, he had never expected that to fade, had never expected her to let the affection fade away or to let slip into something as comfortable and platonic as a friendship.

He had simply never thought of it, just accepted the easiness, the natural responses that came from their constant bartering back and forth, but now, now knowing that she thought of him only as a friend seemed somehow inadequate.

And the idea that she had replaced him, maybe for good made him angry. That she could have replaced him with a useless prick like Bobby was just plain piss-taking.

‘She’s jus’ a kid…’ he reminded himself, yeah jus’ a kid whose made ya feel more human than you’d ever thought was possible. ‘Asshole, she’s jus’a kid…’ he repeated.

A kid ya can’t stop thinkin’ ‘bout…’Logan cursed under his breath, dammit seemed even the Wolverine wasn’t on his side.

He braced his head against the wet tiles, his hair damp and stuck to his neck, closing his eyes concentrating on the pounding of the water on his skin; he drifted away and found himself back in the gym.

Marie had him pinned to the floor again, smiling, and her skin damp from their sparring he was a willing victim as she sat atop his chest, she lowered herself down to him slightly and he caught sight of his dog tags hanging between two perfect breasts.

The rounded mounds were held tightly encased in the leather of her suit, a drop of perspiration trickled down the hollow of her neck, heading down the top of her chest and disappearing into the valley of her perfectly formed breasts.

He found himself licking his dry lips slightly as his breath caught in his throat, she laughed slightly and he couldn’t help but smile widely, ‘Marie…’ he whispered.

‘Yeah…?’ came the soft reply, a brush of lips against his ear, the breathless whisper of her voice carrying over his neck.

His eyes snapped open, turning around quickly he saw her stood directly behind him, stood under the shower her hair matted and hanging loose, that beautiful smile playing on her lips.

‘Ya always make a habit of climbin’ into showers with a guy?’ he asked her, his voice sounding husky and unrecognisable to his own ears. It didn’t even occur to him question what she was doing.

Marie smiled, ‘Only those who stand to such perfect attention…’ she smirked her eyes swaying down to his obvious erection, ‘ya ought to be careful Logan; a gal could get a complex…’

She still wore her X-suit and as she pressed up against him, he saw her hand hovering over the zip of the leather; she moved closer still pushing him against the tiled wall. Her other hand splayed across his chest, measuring and admiring the muscles, the steam of the shower hissing between them, she slowly explored further.

Her hand moving lower, he groaned loudly as her fingers ran across his stomach, he stiffened, his breath coming in a short gasp as her hand moved lower still finally tightening around his engorged length.

She smiled at his expression as she squeezed him firmly, his head fell back against the tiles, eyes half closed in pleasure he watched as she slowly lowered the zip on her leather suit and he anticipated the sight of her perfect breasts.

She brushed her lips ever so softly against the tufts of his hair before gently whispering in his ear, ‘Ah ain’t a kid no more Logan…’ her words and the movement of her hands around his dick sent him over the edge and he spilled shamelessly into the cup of her hand.

His eyes snapped open at last at the sensation of something warm running down his leg, looking down he saw his own hand wrapped around himself and the mess he had made as a consequence.

‘Fuck!’ he swore loudly, turning off the hot water tap he turned the cold on fully and welcomed the ice cold shower that poured down on him. Growling in his frustration, his teeth chattering with the cold he looked around for some soap to clean himself up.

Stepping backwards, he let out a shout as he went flying, head over ass; he landed hard on the tiled floor, the soap bar having done its job of making him slip up sailing away beneath his feet, staring up at the ceiling of the shower room he shook his head.

‘Goddamit…!’