Story Notes:
This is my first-ever Logan/Marie fic. *begs* Please bear with me here. Constructive criticism welcomed. Thanks for reading, and enjoy!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Rogue and Bobby get into a fight shortly before Logan returns to the Mansion.
Rogue paced around her bedroom in the Mansion frantically. She knew that Bobby was mad at her for taking the cure, but what she couldn’t understand was why he was mad in the first place. It was her decision, after all.

Bobby was on a business-related mission, and had left early that morning. He’d been gone since seven, but had called Rogue to wake her at nine, like always. Over the course of their conversation together, a nasty argument had occurred. That was five hours ago, and Rogue was getting worried. No one at the Mansion had heard from any of the team that had went; Bobby, Piotr, or even Kitty. Rogue picked up her phone and called Jubilee.

“Hey, it’s me. You busy?”

“Hey Roguey! Nah. How you doin’ hun? Heard from Bobby yet?”

“That’s what I was calling you about. We got into a fight this morning… I haven’t heard from him, or anyone, since. I was kinda hoping you had, Jubes.”

“Nah, sorry babe. Wish I could say otherwise. They’re probably just tied up in conversation with the new prospective students anyways. They’ll be back soon. Watch. Hey, I gotta go, one of the kids is going all phsyco on another. Call me if you hear anything, ok?”

“Alright Jubes…thanks.”

Rogue hung up the phone, somewhat satisfied with Jubilee’s deduction. She got up and looked out the window and saw a familiar face.

Logan was back.

She threw her phone down and ran out the door, down the hallway and the steps, and was at the front door before Logan had even gotten a foot in. He smiled when he saw her.

“Hey kid. Nice to see someone’s glad to see me.” He winked at her.

“I’m always glad to see you, Logan,” she told him as she gave him a huge hug. “Have you heard any news on the team? They should’ve been back by now, right?”

“The team should be back shortly, Marie. Their communications system is down, and none of the dumbasses can figure out how to fix the damn thing.”

Rogue shot him a look that just made him chuckle. “And you could? I thought you were technologically illiterate?” A smirk came across her face as she and Logan both folded their arms. He just shook his head slowly.

“Yeah, yeah. How about you and I go and work in the Danger Room. You could use some practice.” Logan grabbed her by her arm and dragged her off before she could even protest.

Along the way, Logan asked Rogue about Bobby. She tensed at the subject, and quickly tried to change the conversation.

“Can’t we just talk about something else?”

“Why? What happened? Did he hurt you?”

Logan’s concerned tone made Rogue’s stomach do flips.

“No, sugah, he didn’t hurt me. We just had a fight this morning, and I haven’t heard from him since. I’m fine, really.” She gave him a small smile. He frowned.

“What’d y’all fight about?”

“What him and I always fight about now… The stupid freakin’ Cure!” Rogue looked down at the floor, then back up at Logan with tear-filled eyes. “He acts as though it’s a disease, like I’m contagious or something. He won’t touch me at all, Logan, and it eats at me every minute. He couldn’t wait to touch me before I had taken it, when I wasn’t touchable. Now that I am, he won’t come near me!” Tears had begun to trickle down her cheeks. Logan put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close.

He rubbed the back of her head as she cried into his shoulder. Soothing her, he said, “Shh…Marie, it’ll all be fine. I’m here; you’re not diseased. It’ll be fine, darlin’, I promise.” He kissed her on her forehead. She looked up at him and smiled.

“Thank you, Logan.” Rogue gave him another hug. She loved feeling his strong arms around her; they made her feel safe and secure. Bobby’s arms never made her feel that way. “So sugah, what are ya gonna teach me in the Danger Room today?” Logan shrugged, smiled, and pulled her through the doors to begin their private lesson.