Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan and Rogue get a taste of each other's tactics during their private lesson...
A loud thud reverberated through the Danger Room as Rogue bounced off the wall and hit the floor for what seemed like the hundredth time in the short while that her and Logan had been practicing.

“You ok, Marie?” Logan walked up to the girl sprawled out on the floor. Rogue propped herself up on her elbow, resting her free arm on her knee, and gave him a semi-reproachful look.

“Oh I’m just peachy, Sugah.” She stood up and brushed herself off, and resumed her fighting stance. “Everyone falls sometimes. That’s life.” With a quick smile, she positioned herself for an attack.

“Just makin’ sure, darlin’. Try to concentrate a little harder this time. Now lemme see whatcha got,” Logan stated as he made his advance.

Rogue was ready for his assault, and parried with some blocks. Sparring with Logan had taught her a lot over the years. He was a marvelous teacher, and a highly skilled fighter. Not only was he strong, but he had the right attitude, too. Logan threw a few roundhouse kicks, which Rogue dodged and blocked and retaliated against with some of her own. With all of the strength she could muster, Rogue ran at Logan dead on, leaped into the air, and sent a kick straight for his chest.

Logan caught her in the air, flipping her backwards.

He caught her just before she would have hit the floor.

Panting, out of breath, Rogue looked up at him. He was grinning!

“Not bad, kid. I’ve gotta give ya some credit there, Marie. I’ve never seen you do that before.”

Smiling herself, she teased, “Yeah, well, I’m just full of surprises.” Rogue stuck her tongue out at him, and realized he was still holding her. She glanced down at his arm that was around her waist, and feeling his hand supporting her back, she felt her face getting ridiculously hot.

“You’re not the only one.” There was an edge in his voice that sent shivers down her spine, causing her whole body to pulse with what felt like electricity running through her veins. Logan gently pulled her up so that she could stand. He left one hand on her right hip, and used the other to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. Her eyes closed and an inaudible ‘oh’ escaped her mouth as his fingers trailed down her neck, coming to rest under her chin. The feeling of electricity coursing through her felt like bolts of lightning now. She opened her eyes to look at him, trembling slightly as his thumb gently grazed her lower lip and persisted to stroking her cheek. “God, you’re beautiful, Marie…,” Logan whispered, and pulled her slightly closer towards him, his forehead resting on hers. The look in his eyes was both familiar and strange; soft and caring like he always had when he was around her, and yet there was something else that she could not identify. She could feel his breath on her face, and moved closer to him, their bodies flesh up against each other. Logan tilted her head up as he moved his down to her, their lips meeting in a gentle kiss that seemed to last a lifetime to both parties.

A beeping noise interrupted the moment. The emergency alarm was sounding. Reluctantly, Logan and Rogue broke away from each other, and ran out the door to the hall.

“What’s going on?” The panic in Rogue’s voice was beginning to emerge, as thoughts of Bobby and the team poured into her head.

“Alarm. Something’s not right. We’ve gotta find Storm. C’mon!” Logan raced down the hallway, Rogue in hot pursuit.