Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long wait! Busy summer, getting ready for my Senior year of high school! Anyways, I hope you enjoy!
-----
Rogue gets all cleaned up, while Logan gets himself into a huge mess.
Marie quietly cried the entire way down to the MedLab. Hank was just walking out the door when he saw Logan carrying Rogue, and was about to open his mouth to ask what happened, before Logan cut him off.

“Just get her in here, and ask questions later. She’s bleeding badly.”

Hank ushered them into an empty room, where Logan sat Marie down on the nearby bed. She refused to look at either of the men in the room. Logan tried to get her to say something, just look at him, but it was useless. Tears just continued to silently run down her cheeks. The towel around her body was stained with blood, and a few small drops had begun to form puddles at her feet.

When she finally did speak, her voice was low and raspy, hardly above a whisper. “Logan, I feel weak…” She looked up at him, making eye contact for the first time in what seemed like an eternity. Logan put his arm behind her to steady her.

“It’ll be alright, darlin’, I promise. Hang in there, we’ll get you all cleaned up, Marie.” He smiled down at her, a soft expression on his face, but deep concern radiant throughout his gaze.

Returning the favor, Marie smiled back up at him, before collapsing onto his arm. Logan yelled for Hank. The mutant appeared almost instantaneously with bandages, gauze, antiseptic, ointments, and butterflies to help Rogue. Seeing Marie passed out, he dropped off his load before disappearing, only to return with an IV drip.

Rogue was conscious again in no time. She looked down at her freshly bandaged arms, no longer bleeding, and down still at the hand holding her own. It belonged to Logan. She smiled to herself, really thankful for having him as a friend.

“Hey.” She stroked the back of his hand with her thumb, causing him to look up at her with a look of relief.

“Hey… how ‘ya feelin’, Marie?” He sounded tired.

“I’ve had worse, sugah, believe me.” A chuckle came from her mouth.

Smiling, Logan said, “Well darlin’, I’m just glad you’re ok.”

Rogue looked down, away from his eyes. Struggling for words, she looked back up at him. “I, I just want to thank you, Logan…once again, you’ve saved me. You’re a great friend, sugah…. I, I owe you.” She smiled. Logan simply shook his head.

“No, Marie, you’ve got it wrong, darlin’. You owe me nothin’. I made you a promise that I’d take care of you, and that’s what I’m doin’. You know I always keep my promises.” He winked at her, causing her to laugh. Just then, Hank walked in.

“Logan, may I talk to you, please? In my office?” Logan nodded, and with a slight squeeze of Marie’s hand, he left her bedside.

“I’ll be back, Marie. Give me just a minute.” He disappeared into Hank’s office. Hank motioned him to sit, so Logan took a seat in one of Hank’s comfortable leather chairs. “What’s goin’ on, Hank?”

The genius mutant looked at Logan from behind his glasses. “I know you know by now that Bobby Drake and Marie had a bit of a relationship together, am I right?” Logan tensed at the subject. Saying nothing, yet nodding, he allowed Hank to continue on. “This being said, the fact that Bobby died, under the most dreadful of circumstances, I might add, while this relationship was still going, placed our Rogue under a lot of stress.” Again, Logan was still. Hank ventured on. “I’m afraid that she, as we saw clearly by her actions tonight, is under a high suicide risk.” This struck a nerve with Logan, who jumped up at an alarming speed.

“A high suicide risk?! The kid cut her wrists not to kill herself, but to let go of some emotion within her…” He was breathing hard. Hank remained seated behind his desk, and waited for Logan to take a seat again before finishing.

“As Rogue is unstable-“ Logan shot Hank a look that would’ve struck him dead if looks could kill. “- she needs to be under constant supervision. I am going to place her under Ororo’s care, if you don’t mind, for obvious reasons.”

“Obvious reasons? And what may those be, bub?” Logan could feel both his pulse and anger rising simultaneously. Hank merely blinked.

“Well, the young lady will need a roommate, someone to make sure she doesn’t abuse any medication, someone to ensure her safety inside the mansion, someone that can protect her should something occur. She’ll need someone to make sure that she won’t cut herself again, which means that someone will have to shower with her. She does need to shave, after all, so we cannot deprive her of razors; we can only make sure she doesn’t do this again. It is for those reasons, my dear Logan, that I think Ororo would be better suited for Rogue, here.”

Logan pondered all that Hank had said for all of a second before coming to his own conclusion.

“Storm’s not watching Marie. She’s got too much to worry about now as it is, without adding more to her current and expanding list of duties. No. I’m going to watch over Marie, and I’m not taking no for an answer, Hank.” Logan was standing again.

“What are you going to do about her sleeping quarters, Logan?” Hank inquired.

“She slept with me last night, on ‘Ro’s command. She’s always welcome with me, Hank.”

Hank nodded. “I see, I see. And monitoring her?”

Logan rolled his eyes. “I knew where she was tonight, didn’t I? I followed her, and found her, before bringing her here, right? I can do this, Hank, trust me.” His arms were crossed now in agitation. Hank was really beginning to annoy him.

“And the showering?” A smile suddenly crept onto Hank’s blue face.

‘Oh, shit,’ Logan thought. “I’ll manage.” ‘Shit, shit, shit.’

Hank stood up and outstretched his furry hand to Logan. “Well, then, Logan, I guess you’ve got yourself a challenge ahead of you. You may go and see her again now. She can be released shortly.” Hank strode out of the room, leaving Logan alone in his office.

“You’ve really done it now, Logan… look what you’ve got yourself into.” He shook his head, and headed out the door and into Rogue’s room once more.