Author's Chapter Notes:
No excuses. It's been for fricking ever. I'm sorry about that. Let's see if I can get back into these. If anyone is still interested. Here's hoping!
Kurt? Ah! Why did the professor think it was okay to go traipsing around someone's head when they were naked? Wasn't that the same as walking in and watching while someone has sex?

No, Kurt, it is not the same. Because I said it's not the same and I make the rules. Now, time to rise and, hopefully, shine today at your lucrative job. It's six o'clock and Jim has his first meeting at the Lakeston office in twenty minutes. Let me assist you Kurt felt his brain being stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey until the picture of a five-story building settled into his head. in finding the location. You have the image of his house that I gave you last night, correct?

Not like I could lose it, he thought snidely. Did you really believe I wouldn't hear that statement? Strike two. , he let that hang in space for a minute.

Anyway, I sent the remote to him last evening and he seemed excited to begin your employment. So, dress sharp and represent us well, sir. And with that, Kurt was once again alone in his head. Which was the way he liked it, dammit. Except he didn't really know what strike one had been. And what were the consequences of striking out? Maybe he could talk the umpire into making that one a foul instead?

He rolled his eyes at himself and pulled his tail out of Storm's hands (women loved to hug it while they slept), watching her roll onto her stomach. He got out of bed and preformed a back arching stretch before poofing to stand in front of the closet in his old room, which he kept up the pretenses of using as more than a large storage space. They really wanted to move in together, slept together every night even, but Kurt knew there simply wasn't a room big enough to house all of Storm's stuff with his combined.

Did she really have to have all those Celine Dion posters and a signed replica of the Titanic set up as a shrine in her room's smaller closet? Wait, scratch that. Of course she did. She would probably hurricane the school away out of devastation if she ever went looking for it, to find it gone. Every time the professor took the memory of the movie from her, he also placed a block on her mind so she didn't see that closet door. So, it remained unopened until one of the episodes occurred. Then, she would sit in there for hours with the music blasting, while singing along/crying and threatening anyone who interfered with her 'Dion time' with Charlie Brown type rainclouds (the kind that only follow and rain on one person). It was obvious that he loved her a lot if he was willing to put up with her slightly scary obsession. He shook his head. Oh love...

Ok, he thought dragging his brain back to the here and now, I can do this. He pushed aside things in the closet that weren't interview material, pulling out a yellow button down shirt that set his skin off nicely and a pair of black pants. I am strong. He went into the bathroom and turned on the shower, studying himself in the mirror while it warmed up.

"What so you see, Kurt?" he asked his reflection.

"I see pride!" Well, I used to see pride until I was forced to be a living taxi. Wait, yellow probably was the wrong color for today. Maybe it was an all blue day... Ok focus. No bad thoughts.

"I see power!" No, not power anymore either. A powerful mutant would've stood up for himself, not been afraid of a defenseless old man. Who was afraid of a person in a wheelchair? Unless that wheelchair bound man could implant very disturbing trends into your daily behavior. He looked down at his lovely ankle jewelry. Or would stoop low enough to collar you like the dog he obviously thought you were.

"I see a bad-ass mother, who... Ya know? Maybe this isn't the inspirational mantra to be pulling out this morning. I feel like today might be more of a 'Hey Sanka, ya dead? Ya Man', type of day." And with that, he climbed into the shower, hoping to maybe wash some of the shame away.




Logan was somewhere in bum-fuck West Virginia (Author's note: not hating, just needed a state on the way back from Florida with small towns) and just settling in to a kegs and eggs breakfast at the local fight bar when the manager thundered over to him, greasy brown hair flopping over his bald spot as he stopped.

"Hey, Buddy! You can't fight in my cage tonight. I know you just signed up but you can't fucking cheat. Look at the sign." A fat finger accompanied by some nasty armpit stench singled that he should look toward the cage.

Logan calmly took another bite of eggs and began chewing. Fuckin' owners were always getting their panties twisted over something. They never had a problem taking your money but they always had something to say afterwards. Having kept the man waiting long enough to prove that he was nowhere near important, Logan hitched his eyebrow up and made eye contact before turning to look at the cage. He promptly spit scrambled eggs all over the bar.

A "Tonight Humans Only" sign, scrawled in what looked like orange sharpie on kid's construction paper, was taped to the door. He turned back to the man and pulled the eyebrow higher while the frown got deeper. The manager took a step back and wiped at his head nervously. "I do mutant fights on Thursdays. Come back and fight in those. It's unfair for you super healers to be beating up on the average Joe."

"How do you know I'm a super healer? No one in this circuit knows I'm a mutant. I keep it that way." The man paled. Still got it, Logan cheered himself on; at least mansion life hadn't made him soft. "Wanna tell me how you know, not only that I'm a mutant, but exactly what my mutation happens to be?" He pulled out one of the newly acquired, highly illegal Cubans and bit off the end. Spitting it at the man, he lit it, waiting for a response. Was this one of the assholes who had been part of the lab he was in? He had never seen the guy before, that he could remember, but that meant jack squat. He was under the impression that they had all died in the war. Or at least got the fuck outta dodge if they had managed to survive.

"Well if you're trying to keep that on the DL, not that it matters at all to me, besides being fair. I mean I have the mutant fights, I just think it's better that they're separate," really, fear rambling was not what he needed this morning, "why do you go posting your business on the internet?"

"What the fuck do you mean?" Having lost his interest in breakfast, Logan turned to face the manager fully. "Speak. Use words."

"T-t-t-thhis," the guy stuttered, holding his laptop as far away from himself as possible. It was pulled up to a 'help-wanted' style page with text and pictures everywhere. Was that 'Xavier's list' in flashing neon letters on the top? And why the hell was Billy Mays running around everywhere on the screen.

He stared at the manager, grinding out a "Where?" when he wasn't immediately forthcoming. The guy glanced at the screen and eeped before scrolling down and clicking a link.

And there it was. The List. The List, featuring a big picture of him on the top with a description under it. Fucking Marie with her fucking camera, thinking she was so sneaky. He knew letting her keep that picture was going to come back to bite him in the ass. He kinda liked the thought that she had it though. Maybe she looked at it when she missed him. Maybe she wished over it that… Wait. Back-up. Why was this online?

Grabbing the computer out of the man's arms he hit the back button and searched the main page for an explanation. "That motherfucker." He read two sentences and slammed the computer onto the bar, grabbing his jackets in one hand and the manager's shirt with the other. "Want my entry money back," he growled in the guy's face.

The manager seemed like he was going to stick to the house rules, no refunds, and then reconsidered. "Sure, buddy. Here you go. Have a good one," he wheezed, shoving a wad of money into Logan's hand and watching in relief as the scary man stormed out of his bar. He didn't completely relax until the sound of a motorcycle had faded into the distance.





"Wakey. Wakey. Eggs and Bakey". Jubilee looked down at Rogue who was somehow managing to take up an entire queen sized bed to herself and doing a valiant job of sleeping through her wakeup call. It was 10am for christ's sake. The mall had already been open for an hour. They were wasting invaluable time that could be used to get Rogue's supplies for that night's 'mission'. And while they were there, who's to say she didn't need some new clothes or something? No sense making Rogue feel isolated by being the only one buying things. She felt alone enough as it was. Jubilee was sure she could find something to buy so her bestest chica didn't have to shop while she watched. That would make her feel like an animal in a zoo. It might be hard, but she would find something. Like some new shoes. Or a purse, her yellow one had faded somewhat. It wasn't the color of sunshine anymore. More a dull bumblebee now. That just wasn't cutting it. Or jeans? Wait, did these one's make her butt look fat?

She was turning in a circle, trying to see her ass in the full-length mirror on the closet door when the image reflected Rogue on the bed. Oh yeah. That's why she was here, instead of shopping already.

"Roguey?" she tried again in a syrupy tone, walking over to the bed and poking the occupant in side with a chipped-yellow tipped finger. HOLY SHIT? When did that happen? A manicure was for sure on the agenda while they were out today. Rogue, uninterested in Jube's caffeine powered hysterical moment, rolled over and grumbled "Five more minutes."

"No! Get your shit moving, dudette! We have stuff we need to do! It's an emergency," she whisper-yelled, shaking the mattress. "Don't ignore me. No one ignores me!" Rogue buried her head in a pillow, covering a smile. Jubilee sighed deeply and headed to the door, adding a dejected face for good measure. "Fine," she seemed to agree, stopping her exit when Rogue settled back under the covers. She backed up as close to the door as possible and took off running, leaping from halfway across the room, shrieking to wake the dead "Ignore this!" and executed a full body slam onto her unsuspecting friend. Who merely rolled over under her weight and lifted an eyebrow, not concerned or damaged in the least.

"You know, you were way more fun without the whole indestructible thing," she whined, plopping her chin on her hands on Rogue's chest and pouting in her face. She dropped the act and studied her friend. "You're worried about tonight, aren't you?"

Rogue nose squished up in disgust with herself. "I shouldn't be, you know? How many dangerous, actually life threatening missions did we go on before everything settled down? I just don't know exactly what's going to happen and how I'm going to react to all the craziness in my head. I've never done something like this before and I'm almost afraid I'll lose me." She paused to make sure Jubilee was getting it. "It's just an unknown thing. But I know it's necessary to help the school so I can't just say 'Fuck you Chuck, not in my contract', even though a part of me really wants to."

"You'll be amazing at this, just like, and it truly pains me to say this, you are at everything else you try. You'll get that brain," probably a good time to add a forehead poke on this point, "organized just like always. You know that everyone here will help you through if you need a hand, not that I think you will. And" pause for dramatic effect "you'll know all this awesome stuff on top of it. You'll have dirt on all of those powerful people. Think of the blackmail opportunities you'll get out of this. And, after I help you find a dress, you can tell me every hey-sexy-baby thought that those money grubbing, wannabee richies but failing like Lindsey Lohan does at rehab, grabby sons-of- bitchs at the party have about you. Because that sexy will all be my doing!" Jubes added a hair toss for good measure, seeing Rogue's face clear and a slight smile creep in. "There's my chica. Get up. Gotta get to the mall."

Jubes climbed off Rogue and slid off the side of the bed, landing on her butt on the floor. Why were her legs weak? She shook her head and decided she would stay sitting for a minute until she got her strength back. And was it kinda hot in here? She started fanning herself while watching Rogue climb out of the bed and walk to the bathroom.

"I'm sorry to dump that on you Jubes. I'm just worried. And it's a really bad time because L-" She stopped midsentence and midstep, seeming to realize what she was giving away.

Jubes smirked and poured on the false sweetness. "What was that? Were you going to say something about how Logan isn't here to be your rock? He isn't here to hold you through all the bad things that might happen? How only his royal sexiness can make you feel truly better? How about how you love him and want him and can never be without him?" She grabbed the edge of the bed and started to pull herself to her feet. "About how he's so big and strong and how you just really need some meat in your li-" and ass on the floor again. What was wrong with her?

"Jubes?!" Rogue sure got in her face quickly. "Why are you shaking? Are you ok... Wait, what day is it? Has it been...? The 28th... Two weeks? It has. Dammit, you know you can't do this. Let me see if I can help." Rogue really wasn't making sense at this point. Or maybe that was because her head was spinning. Jubilee watched her friend dive into the closet and start throwing shit everywhere.

"Where is it? Where is it?! Ah! Here, baby. Breathe this in." Kinda hard not to when it's being shoved under the nose, but thanks for the instruction. "I haven't worn it yet so it should still have enough new smell to at least give you a small hit. Just breathe slowly and this will pass. I'm gonna get dressed right now and we'll get you to the mall. You know you can't go this long without shopping. The withdrawal symptoms may kill you someday. Then were would I be?"

Rogue shook her head and wrapped Jubilee's hand around the shirt, so she could pull on some clothes. Who knew, before her friend collapsed over dinner two years ago, that it was even possible to form an addiction to new clothes smell?
Chapter End Notes:
I'm hoping I get some readers. Also, please tell me you got the Cool Runnings reference. I'll honestly pity you and beg you to go watch that movie if you didn't. Anyway, please read and review. Kiss Kiss!